• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

Hello members and Moderators ,

Been a while, hope you all are keepin well.

@Sm1smom @SusieQQQ had a quick query dear ,

AF - CN52K , the slow VB progression could land her a September interview and she is due for her delivery roughly the same time.

Wondering , how does one go about adding the new born to DS260 , since unlocking then would be impossible , what exactly should she do if she delivers

i. before her interview date

ii. after her interview - suppose visa granted

Shall appreciate your advices.

AF - CN52K , the slow VB progression could land her a September interview and she is due for her delivery roughly the same time.

Wondering , how does one go about adding the new born to DS260 , since unlocking then would be impossible , what exactly should she do if she delivers

If the baby arrives after the interview has been scheduled and before the scheduled date, she will need to contact the embassy and let them know she just had a baby that she plans on adding as a derivative. The embassy should be able to provide further guidance going forward.

If the baby arrives after the interview, the baby wouldn't need a visa, baby will be processed at the POE when she also enters the U.S., although she may need to contact the embassy for them to issue her win a 'Transportation Letter' to be presented to the airline to enable her board the plane with the baby.

If the baby arrives after the interview has been scheduled and before the scheduled date, she will need to contact the embassy and let them know she just had a baby that she plans on adding as a derivative. The embassy should be able to provide further guidance going forward.

If the baby arrives after the interview, the baby wouldn't need a visa, baby will be processed at the POE when she also enters the U.S., although she may need to contact the embassy for them to issue her win a 'Transportation Letter' to be presented to the airline to enable her board the plane with the baby.

Thank you !! :):)

@Britsimon

What's your interest? Even as a volunteer here you must have an interest may be to promote your Blog? My interest is only to get my visa and know how the program works, nothing else! We can't talk about education here - keep it simple and friendly...

Your interest is only to get your visa, and yet you have a problem with the fact that people here help people get their visas.
Huh?

@DREAM GUY

cleardot.gif
FYI
I have written to the KCC and let's hear from the official source. Please find the excerpt of my message below:

"Greetings! I am writing because the Visa Bulletin numbers for Africa do not seem to resemble my case number this far. Have I been left out? Regards,"
cleardot.gif

Rofl.
Please let us know how they respond. I predict you will get a standard response about watching the visa bulletin until your number becomes current.

Your interest is only to get your visa, and yet you have a problem with the fact that people here help people get their visas.
Huh?

@SusieQQQ

Cool, that's my interest but the by-product is that I am contributing to the Forum by instilling some fairness in here as I process the visa. I have already sent an email to the KCC as regards my CN worries and will inform others who are scared of talking to the officials who gave them winning lottery numbers. I hope this helps...

Last edited:
@SusieQQQ

Cool, that's my interest but the by-product is that I am contributing to the Forum by instilling fairness in here during my visa processing. I have already sent an email to the KCC as regards my CN worries and will inform others who are scared of talking to the officials who gave them winning lottery numbers. I hope this helps...

please stop this okay because you do not know better than those of us here. We chose to be here so please leave us alone.

I find you confusing... Instilling fairness? There is nothing unfair about this forum.

There are people who think it is important to always be "nice" by giving everyone hope. Maybe that is what you mean, even though the selection letter itself says there may not be enough visas for everyone selected. Others think it is better to be realistic. Some people don't like being told their CNs are probably too high to be current. I personally think that making sure people understand they might need a Plan B is nicer than giving false hope.

Anyway, whatever. It generally is not a good idea to arrive on a forum and start criticising the people who are giving up their time to help others, especially when you are there for the same help. Of course, no-one forces you to either read or post. You choose.

Peace.

@SusieQQQ

Cool, that's my interest but the by-product is that I am contributing to the Forum by instilling some fairness in here as I process the visa. I have already sent an email to the KCC as regards my CN worries and will inform others who are scared of talking to the officials who gave them winning lottery numbers. I hope this helps...

@SusieQQQ

Cool, that's my interest but the by-product is that I am contributing to the Forum by instilling some fairness in here as i process the visa. I have already sent an email to the KCC as regards my CN worries and will inform others who are scared of talking to the officials who gave them winning lottery numbers. I hope this helps...

What you're doing has nothing to do with "fairness". It is called giving false hope and providing misleading information to gullible members with higher CNs who will like to believe all the regions will become current, everybody will be invited for an interview and the world lives on happily ever after!

"Fairness" here means you should have both a Pessimistic view and an Optimistic view in the Forum. I believe you are mostly pessimists and someone has to come in to play the optimist. You may not know how much damage you are doing to those with large CNs.

At the end of the fiscal year when people get visas with their large CNs, how are they going to view you guys?

Take it easy, it's not the end of the road. I understand that not all of you went to the US through such an opportunity as the DV lottery or may be you were even born in an ineligible country in the first place. Be open minded and accept it as there are many other ways to be successful.

Amen!

Last edited:
"Fairness" here means you should have both a Pessimistic view and an Optimistic view in the Forum. I believe you are mostly pessimists and someone has to come in to play the optimist. You may not know how much damage you are doing to those with large CNs.

At the end of the fiscal year when people get visas with their large CNs, how are they going to view you guys?

Take it easy, it's not the end of the road. I understand that not all of you went to the US through such an opportunity as the DV lottery or may be you were even born in an ineligible country in the first place. Be open minded and accept it as there are many other ways to be successful.

Hmmmn! I suppose you need to read the 2014 Threads to see all the "damage" we caused to those with high CNs whose numbers never became current.

As to the last part of your post, I'm not even going to address it as it is so ridiculously contradictory!

@SusieQQQ

Amen!

Everyone here went through the DV lottery. Why else would we be in this forum?

I agree with mom, read the DV2014 forums and see how "helpful" the "optimistic" view turned out to be then...

Because Britsimon mentioned that he and Sm1smom are lawyers from India; so it's questionable as anybody can read about dv information and advise! Moreover, the bias I see in them reflects just that...
Please tell me, as an immigrant from an ineligible country, can you provide fair advice about this program??? No way because even those back here who are ineligible will not want to talk about the program even if you bring it up in a conversation!!!
You are just fooling these Africans here. All these questions they are asking you are mostly trivial questions they are supposed to know by reading about the program!!!
And I noticed that you do not allow them to feel free and post their views. A guy was apologizing recently for posting his AP experience when he was told that "we know all that here already". I didn't find this user friendly at all...

Last edited:
Because Britsimon mentioned that he and Sm1smom are lawyers from India; so it's questionable as anybody can read about dv information and advise! Moreover, the bias I see in them reflects just that...

Hahahahaha this has me and the baby in my currently huge belly laughing so so hard. First I was extremely offended that you made it sound as if being from India is a bad thing. To prove you wrong I am of Indian origin and my husband is actually Indian and guess how we will move to the USA Godwilling? Tada! Green Card.

Also FYI sm1smom and Britsimon ACTUALLY work for the KCC which selects the dv winners. They spy here to find out if people are trying to commit fraud and I think they know enough about you to get vengeance! I hope you are using a cyber cafe as they might get your Case number from your IP address. (I am allowed to fib if he's allowed right sm1smom?)

Seriously, i should stop laughing now but I cant.

I'd written this earlier in week but i'll post it here again. If they are in Kenya. Check this out. Someone delivered in March, the interview notification for June already arrived without the newborn..I asked around found this out..

"FYI if you have an 'add on', got a baby after sending your forms to KCC. You need to write an email stating that fact and attach a birth certificate proving you are the parents of the new born before the date of the interview. The email to write to is immigrationvisanairobi@state.gov and you can also call the embassy on this no. 020 363 6622 Monday to Thursday 1pm to 4pm.

Just FYI for those who might be in such a situation."

Hahahahaha this has me and the baby in my currently huge belly laughing so so hard. First I was extremely offended that you made it sound as if being from India is a bad thing. To prove you wrong I am of Indian origin and my husband is actually Indian and guess how we will move to the USA Godwilling? Tada! Green Card.

Also FYI sm1smom and Britsimon ACTUALLY work for the KCC which selects the dv winners. They spy here to find out if people are trying to commit fraud and I think they know enough about you to get vengeance! I hope you are using a cyber cafe as they might get your Case number from your IP address. (I am allowed to fib if he's allowed right sm1smom?)

Seriously, i should stop laughing now but I cant.

Girl, you just made my day. You're absolutely allowed!! Even my brother ;) can't keep a straight face after reading some of the stuff on this Thread

Am+I+the+only+one+that+started+laughing+hysterically+upon+_fa30bdf9bbb8a1f78d19d51c869437ab.gif

@usamommy2015

I did not say that being of Indian origin is bad please!
I was only referring to the dv program so please don't take it hard on me. What I mean is that those who did not go to the USA via this program would be biased in providing advice.
Well, if they work for the KCC then they should just do their government jobs well and and forget about this kind of activity here because it can land someone into trouble very easily. That's what I started talking about when I saw the nature of information shared in the Forum.
I am not here to commit any fraud and I have not committed any fraud by cautioning members in here not to spoil the visa process. I have expressed my respect and admiration for the US government in all my postings.
Regards,