• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

visa approved this morning.Firstly give thanks to God and also wanna thank Britsimom,Sm1smom,and susieQQQ for all the guidance.I am speechless.I Will give details later but 4 now I am over the moon
con·grats, i heard the embassy issues visas the next day so keep checking your email

Last edited:
hello, i was not selected but i want to know if the application process will be during the same month , i mean in October 2015, i have not yet lost hope but am sure i will be selected on my second application. thx alot

Greetings, I have just received an email notification from KCC which I thought would have been the 2NL but when I opened it I found it to be the first letter that notified me that I had been randomly selected for further processing in the DV immigrant program.is this normal or should I contact KCC?

Greetings, I have just received an email notification from KCC which I thought would have been the 2NL but when I opened it I found it to be the first letter that notified me that I had been randomly selected for further processing in the DV immigrant program.is this normal or should I contact KCC?

Give it some time, and check again. It sometimes take a while for the 1NL to get replaced with the 2NL.

My interview was more simpler than I ever expected. Even though I had played calm since I got selected..funny enough I couldn't find sleep last night.
I arrived at the embassy gate at around 5.20 am.I found a couple and their kids..There were also about three other individuals..We were allowed in shortly after 6am.went through the normal security checks and then got into the main embassy reception area.
A lot of people whom I presumed to be non immigrant visa applicants were called first and this went on for a while.I was the first person on a dv case to be served.presented my documents..paid the visa fee and was fingerprinted.After that followed a long wait till after 9am when i was called by the CO.
As usual and as indicated by those that have interviewed before.I was told to raise my right hand and swear to have stated the truth which I did..Then fingerprinting again.
CO ..R u married?
me...
Co...got any kid or kids
me....
CO...what did u do after high school
me...
CO..If I approve your visa which state are you going.
me...
CO..what's your relationship with the host.
me...Family friend..
CO..I See your documents are in order ..Your visa is approved.

OBSERVATIONS..The waiting area was very cold so for people interviewing now till August plan on wearing
warm clothing .Maintain eye conduct with officials during your interview.I was prepared with bank statements..property titles and even had my host also send an affidavit of support...should the public charge issue arise..but nvr got to use these documents coz they were never asked for.

Last edited:
Hahahahaha this has me and the baby in my currently huge belly laughing so so hard. First I was extremely offended that you made it sound as if being from India is a bad thing. To prove you wrong I am of Indian origin and my husband is actually Indian and guess how we will move to the USA Godwilling? Tada! Green Card.

Also FYI sm1smom and Britsimon ACTUALLY work for the KCC which selects the dv winners. They spy here to find out if people are trying to commit fraud and I think they know enough about you to get vengeance! I hope you are using a cyber cafe as they might get your Case number from your IP address. (I am allowed to fib if he's allowed right sm1smom?)

Seriously, i should stop laughing now but I cant.
I met some kenyan Indians in Chicago last year during an event and we dove right into talking Swahili. They were from Mombasa and so their Swahili was so much better than mine but I could imagine people around us baffled by how "different" we looked yet here we were speaking the same language bonding over our similarities... perceptions.
Good luck with baby, they are definitely a joy, I have two of my own...I am cautiously optimistic about my case # but I am already here and I have managed and will continue to if my number doesn't get selected... I know you will be interviewed for sure your number is good cheers

My interview was more simpler than I ever expected. Even though I had played calm since I got selected..funny enough I couldn't find sleep last night.
I arrived at the embassy gate at around 5.20 am.I found a couple and their kids..There were also about three other individuals..We were allowed in shortly after 6am.went through the normal security checks and then got into the main embassy reception area.
A lot of people whom I presumed to be non immigrant visa applicants were called first and this went on for a while.I was the first person on a dv case to be served.presented my documents..paid the visa fee and was fingerprinted.After that followed a long wait till after 9am when i was called by the CO.
As usual and as indicated by those that have interviewed before.I was told to raise my right hand and swear to have stated the truth which I did..Then fingerprinting again.
CO ..R u married?
me...
Co...got any kid or kids
me....
me...
me...
me...Family friend..

OBSERVATIONS..The waiting area was very cold so for people interviewing now till August plan on wearing
warm clothing .Maintain eye conduct with officials during your interview.I was prepared with bank statements..property titles and even had my host also send an affidavit of support...should the public charge issue arise..but nvr got to use these documents coz they were never asked for.

Congrats!

CO ..R u married?
me...
Co...got any kid or kids
me....
me...
me...
me...Family friend..

Almost a replica of our interview.
It somehow felt a bit of an anticlimax to carry a big bunch of documents which did not interest the CO at all.

Where are you headed and when?