• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

I'm guessing there was a language barrier going on.

So - when you say she said "The case will not take longer." I think she probably said something like "The case will not take long" - meaning they will get the AP done as soon as possible.

So they took it for 7 minutes - as we have said there are two aspects of your education that are an issue - the first is they would not be familiar with your qualifications and need to check it, the second if the retake of a year.

However, you are really overthinking this - you cannot do anything about it - just wait and relax.

Also my situation not change to AP what do you think

Hi guys, I would like to ask for an advice. My CN IS 2015AF 85xxx I submitted my DS-260 form, any zero hope to be scheduled. Thx

Normally people need to unlock to adjust their own marital status, but in this case it might be ok to just add applicant if the principal has the correct marital status already.
I got the same case here though I got a confirmation of submission. Perhaps it's is the case for all CNs that aren't current yet, or single applicants.
I believe if u got a confirmation page, then there's nothing to worry abt.

We had our interview yesterday in Kuala Lumpur. I’m glad to say that our visas were APPROVED :)

Thank god, :)

Hi Sammy,

Congratulation to your DV approval..
My friend got selected for DV2015 too however the number is not current yet. He got to be prepared for the interview in KL too. He is very nervous now.

Can you help to answer a few question below ?
1) Can you please share the complete list of document that was required in the 2nd Notification letter ?
2) when the officer ask for supporting document, did he ask according to the sequence of listed document in 2nd Notification letter ?
3) Since you prepare a lot of additional document, did you give it to the officer or you did not, since they only ask for the documents in the 2nd Notification letter ?
4) Is it possible you can share the notification letter to us ( of course with all your private/presonal information removed).
5) How long was the interview ? 2 mintues for you ? and 4 minutes for your wife ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi Sammy,

Congratulation to your DV approval..
My friend got selected for DV2015 too however the number is not current yet. He got to be prepared for the interview in KL too. He is very nervous now.

Can you help to answer a few question below ?
1) Can you please share the complete list of document that was required in the 2nd Notification letter ?
2) when the officer ask for supporting document, did he ask according to the sequence of listed document in 2nd Notification letter ?
3) Since you prepare a lot of additional document, did you give it to the officer or you did not, since they only ask for the documents in the 2nd Notification letter ?
4) Is it possible you can share the notification letter to us ( of course with all your private/presonal information removed).
5) How long was the interview ? 2 mintues for you ? and 4 minutes for your wife ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi Khchan,

Here are my answers to your questions:
1) The notification letter does not list any required documents. It basically gives you your interview details.
2) Your friend will have to submit documents by 9:00am in the morning where he will only meet an embassy local staff - Not a consular officer. Your friend will then return at 1:30pm to meet with a consular officer. The local embassy staff asked me for the documents in the order they are stated on the "Diversity Visa Process" website in the following link: http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...re-selected/prepare-supporting-documents.html
3) I was not asked for any additional documents other than those in the Diversity visa process list in the link I provided above.
4) Here's a sample of the 2nd notification letter: http://forums.immigration.com/attachments/1901916_1497288330542621_8731982442197240434_n-jpg.237/
5) The whole interview lasted around 10 minutes. Questions were directed at me, my wife, and sometimes the both of us.
If your friend meets the requirements and has all documents in order, then he/she has nothing to worry about. DV process is pretty straight forward and the interview is the simplest part of all, provided the applicant meets the requirements and has everything in order.
Hope this helps.

Hi Khchan,

Here are my answers to your questions:
1) The notification letter does not list any required documents. It basically gives you your interview details.
2) Your friend will have to submit documents by 9:00am in the morning where he will only meet an embassy local staff - Not a consular officer. Your friend will then return at 1:30pm to meet with a consular officer. The local embassy staff asked me for the documents in the order they are stated on the "Diversity Visa Process" website in the following link: http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...re-selected/prepare-supporting-documents.html
3) I was not asked for any additional documents other than those in the Diversity visa process list in the link I provided above.
4) Here's a sample of the 2nd notification letter: http://forums.immigration.com/attachments/1901916_1497288330542621_8731982442197240434_n-jpg.237/
5) The whole interview lasted around 10 minutes. Questions were directed at me, my wife, and sometimes the both of us.
If your friend meets the requirements and has all documents in order, then he/she has nothing to worry about. DV process is pretty straight forward and the interview is the simplest part of all, provided the applicant meets the requirements and has everything in order.
Hope this helps.

Hi Sammy,

Thanks a lot for the reply. Very detail and very helpful.

On the side topic, i wonder which part of US are you planing to move to ?
Hope to see you and your wife in US one day. I resides in California.

Regards,

KH

The alien number is on the paper tacked on your brown envelope. If there are not enough numbers put a 0 in front.
DoS ID is the Dv case number.
Both are also on your visa.
Thanks Susie, but if i can remember the paper was stuck on the package and i just gave everything to then at the port of entry

Thanks Susie, but if i can remember the paper was stuck on the package and i just gave everything to then at the port of entry
You can find both on your visa. The alien number is found on your visa as "Registration number". You just need to add A0 in the beginning. DoS ID is your case number. It's also found on your visa as IV Case Number.

Hi Sammy,

Thanks a lot for the reply. Very detail and very helpful.

On the side topic, i wonder which part of US are you planing to move to ?
Hope to see you and your wife in US one day. I resides in California.

Regards,

KH
Thanks Khchan,
Which part of California are you in? Initially I'll arrive to Brooklyn, NY but eventually planning to settle in San Jose, CA.

Thanks Khchan,
Which part of California are you in? Initially I'll arrive to Brooklyn, NY but eventually planning to settle in San Jose, CA.

Hi Sammy,

Haha... NY may not be suitable for you... given your phd in??? .. come to San Jose.. you will have much more job opportunity here.

San Jose, Fremont, Mountain View, Cupertino, Palo Alto... they are waiting for you

come and join me in SF bay area.. :)

KH

No, you cannot translate your own documents. It should be done by a third party with a none vested interest in your immigration success.
Cool, cheers for that.
So a simple translation from an official translator suffices ? Don't need to be with apostille and so, right ?

That is a good summary. From Step 5 onward the process is very different for aos. So - it would be best to stop aos people reading right there as a relatively small percentage of people doing aos.

For your own case, yes, travelling out of the US can affect you at certain points during your aos process. Depending on what sort of visa you have you might be best to delay your DS260 submission. I suggest you start logging in to the DV2015 AOS thread here, and ask Sm1smom for clarity about that (with some more detail about what visa you are on currently).

As you have rightly understood, there is no rush to submit the DS260. Your number does indeed mean you have to wait until May-ish - so your latest submission of the DS260 will probably be around Jan of next year - plenty of time to wait and get more info on how the process works.

My husband was selected for DV 2015 and since this is new for us, we didn't notice that we have to submit the visa application (DS-260) very soon. We have just completed fill in the application last night, and when we tried to click on the sign and submit button but it did not work. How should we do to submit this form?

My husband was selected for DV 2015 and since this is new for us, we didn't notice that we have to submit the visa application (DS-260) very soon. We have just completed fill in the application last night, and when we tried to click on the sign and submit button but it did not work. How should we do to submit this form?

Did you read the FAQ and ensure you have answered every question that requires an answer? It won't allow you to submit if you leave a non-optional field blank.

No, above.
Is there any time limit for submitting the application form?

Some people have reported having to open the page even if they are not liable for selective service, so try that.

The DS260 needs to be processed in time for you to get an interview before the fiscal year end. Interviews are scheduled two months in advance so the last interviews will be scheduled in July. And the forms take a few months to process generally, so you are already in a risky time range unless processing times speed up. See also http://britsimonsays.com/ds260-time-running-submit/

To submit it asks you to reenter some id information (as an electronic signature). You need to make sure that information perfectly matches the info previously entered. If you logged in using the format with zeros for CN (2015AS00001234), you need to use zeros at the signature page. If no zeros - 2015AS1234, then do not input zeros on the signature page. Otherwise it did not let me submit.
You can log in using both formats - no problem.