• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

Is this supposed to be a sarcasm?
Why so denial? What i said true right..

Yes it was sarcasm. And no what you said was not true/accurate/sensible.

You said these things....

First ds260 fiasco - Yes that was a badly implemented change - but not something that KCC was responsible for.
Then selectees letter fiasco - I think you are talking about informing selectees that were misinformed. AS I have said before - that was the only fair thing to do.
Then iran ap - You can't blame KCC for that. Try blaming the Iranian government and understand that DoS have a duty to keep us safe from people who would do us harm.
Then asian europe and African cn massive reduction compared to last year - Well I'm not sure what you mean but probably that things haven't gone as you expected. However, with your case number you should always have known you were in a risky range.

Then you said this
"I wonder what the final numbers will be like last year

AS8,000
EU 30,000
AF 50,000 "

Those numbers aren't accurate and I think you know that. You are upset - and I understand that, but you keep taking a negative view and bring everyone down. I just don't see how that helps. Like it or not, KCC will probably achieve their goals and hit the quotas. So - around 50000 people will benefit from the program. It sucks to be one of those that missed out - but you can apply again. It is a lottery after all.

Hello all

My wife decide at the last mintue that she dont want the medical exam or go to the embassy interview , how that will affect me

Hello all

My wife decide at the last mintue that she dont want the medical exam or go to the embassy interview , how that will affect me

The CO will probably ask why and how you will feel about leaving your wife behind, but it shouldn't stop you getting a visa. Obviously she will not get one.

Hello all

Sorry Man, that's a real tough one. Any kids? it moth help to convince her that the move will do some real good to their future.
We too had opposing opinions about it and it took lots of research, advise from others and quote some time for us to agree.
You could reschedule the medicals till the very last chance as you try to talk to her.
Encourage her to at least follow this forum

I'm with @usken go who has given you great advice.

If she doesn't get the medical or go to the interview, she won't get a visa. What happens in six months if she changes her mind and wants to go? Her path to a GC becomes a whole lot harder. Plus, how will you guys maintain your marriage if you are living in the US and she in your current country?

Hi all ,
I want ask sbout sthg
we paid the grean card fees .. and we got the electronic reciept .
on the second day we got an UPDATING email that shows that our case IN PROCESS .
However , there are a couple of sentences mentioned in the beg. of the page that I don't understand :

PASSCODES : Represented Application / petitioners - if your representative provided you with a case passcode. Select enter case passcode.
EB-5 IMMIGRANT INVESTORS - If your Document library manager provided you with package passcode. Select deal packages to access and review your deal packages

Thank you in advance

Hi all ,
I want ask sbout sthg
on the second day we got an UPDATING email that shows that our case IN PROCESS .
However , there are a couple of sentences mentioned in the beg. of the page that I don't understand :

PASSCODES : Represented Application / petitioners - if your representative provided you with a case passcode. Select enter case passcode.
EB-5 IMMIGRANT INVESTORS - If your Document library manager provided you with package passcode. Select deal packages to access and review your deal packages

Thank you in advance

Hi all ,
I want ask sbout sthg

Thank you in advance

You can ignore both those passages.

Yes one of my child is Us citzen , i will take the advise and shift 2 more days ....my interview is next week and there is very short time now .
Thsyt is a bit interesting.
Implies that you And your wife have lived in the us before- and she is strongly against returning there. Do you mind giving us a few of her reasons and, in your view are they genuine concerns?

Hi everyone.

My no AS138xx

I think if everything goes well I will have interview in September. I am single now. I have already submitted DS260. I am getting married in August.

So should I ask KCC to reopen my DS260 and add my fiancé name as husband or should I do it after August? Will it be rejected that I submitted false information on DS260 by mentioning as husband even before marrying?

Hi everyone.

My no AS138xx

I think if everything goes well I will have interview in September. I am single now. I have already submitted DS260. I am getting married in August.

So should I ask KCC to reopen my DS260 and add my fiancé name as husband or should I do it after August? Will it be rejected that I submitted false information on DS260 by mentioning as husband even before marrying?

You cannot change your marital status from single to married and fill out a spousal DS-260 form on the basis of planning to get married in a couple of months' time. You should only make the change after the marriage has taken place.

Hi everyone.

My no AS138xx

It's ok for now, just when you become married inform KCC or Embassy (if you have interview scheduled already) and they will unlock your DS application so you can add your wife. Do not do anything until you get married. As of today you are single so that statement should be in your DS form until you get married or any other change in your life...

You cannot change your marital status from single to married and fill out a spousal DS-260 form on the basis of planning to get married in a couple of months' time. You should only make the change after the marriage has taken place.
Since wedding is in August and if interview is in September how can I include my wife name? I heard KCC takes 1-2months to reopen DS260

Tha
It's ok for now, just when you become married inform KCC or Embassy (if you have interview scheduled already) and they will unlock your DS application so you can add your wife. Do not do anything until you get married. As of today you are single so that statement should be in your DS form until you get married or any other change in your life...

If KCC unlocks closer to the interview date won't it result in a delay? What if I marry in in June and then ask KCC to unlock DS260? Will that result in a delay in getting an appointment for interview?

Since wedding is in August and if interview is in September how can I include my wife name? I heard KCC takes 1-2months to reopen DS260

You are sort of correct - KCC unlock a DS260 quickly, but adding a spouse requires around 4 weeks of background checks. However, KCC will not unlock a case that has been sent to the embassy for an interview. IF your number gets current you would probably not be able to open your DS260 because you would already have been notified and your case passed to the embassy for interview. Some people have just turned up at the interview with a new spouse, but it is a risky strategy and almost certain to fail at the end of the year because there would be no time to do the background checks on your new spouse. Some COs might approve it, but my guess would be, most would not.

Honestly, if your case number was lower I would strongly suggest you bring the wedding forward, because your present plan is more likely to fail than not. But, to be brutally honest, your case number is probably too high for any of this to matter. The reality is that the AS cutoff is probably going to fall lower than your number. The only way that won't happen is if Iranian AP cases have an even slower approval timeline than last year - and I cannot imagine that happening at this point. The Nepalese cases are more densely packed this year and have a high response and approval rate, so Nepal will cutoff at a lower number than last year, (probably not until August). Then August and September could see larger increases for Asia - but my estimates suggest the cutoff would come between 11000 and 12000.

Hi everyone.

My no AS138xx

Don't bother with that number, the chance of getting an interview is slim to none, just forget about it, same as me, AS136XX, the number will be much much much lower than last year. If you're confused, just blame nepal..

For Asia, it is quite difficult to predict the finale. Apart from other unpredictable variables, the density is 300cn per 1000 after 9000. So if 55% of those are responding and approvable cases, that's 165 per 1000. Thus, it is tough to say - 11k, 12k or 13k.
I know though, by looking at the current numbers, it does not look encouraging right now.

For Asia, it is quite difficult to predict the finale. Apart from other unpredictable variables, the density is 300cn per 1000 after 9000. So if 55% of those are responding and approvable cases, that's 165 per 1000. Thus, it is tough to say - 11k, 12k or 13k.
I know though, by looking at the current numbers, it does not look encouraging right now.

It got a bit easier. We got more information recently - the full list of entries for 2014 and 2015. That meant we could see the relative increase in density between Nepal and Iran - and it proves that Nepal will max pretty low in the numbers (low 8XXX range), but because of the density in Nepal that probably won't happen until August. I was then able to calculate the cases per 1000 for all the AS countries - and basing the success rate on 2014 I can see pretty clearly how things are going. The model is a bit complex and since I get some really basic questions when I post spreadsheets I was in two minds about posting that - and thought I would go through another 2NL/prediction cycle.

Also - AS has issued 2777 as of today with around 900 cases of AP (mostly Iranian cases on AP in Ankara). I expect the Iranian AP cases to start clearing soon and we can assume that the majority of those cases will be approved. So - the pace of issuance in AS will be picking up very soon....