• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

one thing dv lottery helped me with is strengthening my patience as i saw my winner notification on may 2014 and have to wait for another may 2015 (1 yr) visa bulletin to go one step ahead ,
but now i donot care about the next visa bulletin as nothing will prevent me from being current after a mth

one thing dv lottery helped me with is strengthening my patience as i saw my winner notification on may 2014 and have to wait for another may 2015 (1 yr) visa bulletin to go one step ahead ,but now i donot care about the next visa bulletin as nothing will prevent me from being current after a mth
hehehehe. dv lottery teaches alot about patience and the Hope that one will recieve 2NL after becoming current;).

one thing dv lottery helped me with is strengthening my patience as i saw my winner notification on may 2014 and have to wait for another may 2015 (1 yr) visa bulletin to go one step ahead ,
but now i donot care about the next visa bulletin as nothing will prevent me from being current after a mth
You are right patience is great for a one year long process and things that are not totally depend on you. However, I was almost sure that we will be current for May interview. I am disappointed, but when I see the numbers on other regions/country, I think Ethiopia is good so my disappointment was gone. I hope we will be current on June. Congrats for those who will be current on May!!! The waiting continue.......

hello guys sorry for being lost I was busy on z medical examination,forensic and documents authentication... thanks to God am almost on the way to finish....one thing I want to ask you is am I expected to translate and authenticate my work experience?....

hello guys sorry for being lost I was busy on z medical examination,forensic and documents authentication... thanks to God am almost on the way to finish....one thing I want to ask you is am I expected to translate and authenticate my work experience?....
If you qualify for dv based on education (at least pass mark on ESLCE), you don't need documents on work experience. But if you plan to qualify by work experience, yes you need it and you may also need to verify about the type of work that is valid.

If you qualify for dv based on education (at least pass mark on ESLCE), you don't need documents on work experience. But if you plan to qualify by work experience, yes you need it and you may also need to verify about the type of work that is valid.

Dear all
Just to get over prepared and clear out the doubts’ of interview questions and answers , need kind advice on the under mentioned subjects .

I . Sponsor Part
  1. The address I filled on my ds-260 is a sister of my old intimate friend , she went with dv before three years ago , her annual income is less than 19,000used so as per poverty guidelines she couldn’t send the affidavit support for my family ( me, my spouse and our baby girl)
  2. Then I searched for other friend after I submitted the ds-260 and I got my intimate friend who is working at civil engineering business in Virginia and earning more than 69,000used per year, and secure the affidavit support even on i-134 under category 11 ,
#11, I intended part (she write)
To furnish room and boarding in addition to 155usd per week until they start covering their expense and supporting themselves. In addition, I expect that they would not be a public charge

3. The place our family want to go is to my sister in law she just went to USA last September Dallas Texas , the family couldn’t afford at all to send the support for us as per poverty guidelines.

Kindly your saying on this situation.
The answer for luckily question of who is your sponsor ?
and how we are going to update the address to where we really want to go during the interview,? because the co ask only one question who is your sponsor ? is it the address I put on the ds-260 or the i-134 form I got ? or is it appropriate to explain my host is my sister- in-law and my sponsor is my intimate friend ?

II. Marriage certificate

Our marriage ceremony was Feb. 15, 2009 , but due to various reasons mainly working condition like frequent travel to field place , neighborhood African countries we didn’t make the legal marriage certificate till November 16, 2011 which is even after our baby girl was born on January 2010.
Hence I am a bit confused for the answer of CO’s luckily question
When did you get married? is it the date that of marriage certificate which is 2years after our marriage and almost one and half year after our baby girl was born or the days of our marriage ceremony .

Thanks a lot in advance.

Dear all
Just to get over prepared and clear out the doubts’ of interview questions and answers , need kind advice on the under mentioned subjects .

I . Sponsor Part
  1. The address I filled on my ds-260 is a sister of my old intimate friend , she went with dv before three years ago , her annual income is less than 19,000used so as per poverty guidelines she couldn’t send the affidavit support for my family ( me, my spouse and our baby girl)
  2. Then I searched for other friend after I submitted the ds-260 and I got my intimate friend who is working at civil engineering business in Virginia and earning more than 69,000used per year, and secure the affidavit support even on i-134 under category 11 ,
To furnish room and boarding in addition to 155usd per week until they start covering their expense and supporting themselves. In addition, I expect that they would not be a public charge

3. The place our family want to go is to my sister in law she just went to USA last September Dallas Texas , the family couldn’t afford at all to send the support for us as per poverty guidelines.

and how we are going to update the address to where we really want to go during the interview,? because the co ask only one question who is your sponsor ? is it the address I put on the ds-260 or the i-134 form I got ? or is it appropriate to explain my host is my sister- in-law and my sponsor is my intimate friend ?

II. Marriage certificate

Our marriage ceremony was Feb. 15, 2009 , but due to various reasons mainly working condition like frequent travel to field place , neighborhood African countries we didn’t make the legal marriage certificate till November 16, 2011 which is even after our baby girl was born on January 2010.
When did you get married? is it the date that of marriage certificate which is 2years after our marriage and almost one and half year after our baby girl was born or the days of our marriage ceremony .

Thanks a lot in advance.

OK - the host/sponsor question. You seem to have lots of "intimate" friends. Lucky you. (FYI, when someone says they have an intimate relationship with someone it implies more than friendship).

As you know, at some embassies, when you provide a host, they question your relationship, but they do not question anything about the finances of the host. So - the low income host is probably sufficient. If that is genuinely your plan (to stay with her), that is all you need.

The second host/sponsor has a better income but the statement in Q11 contradicts the plan to stay with the low income host. So - decide to use one or the other - not both unless the sponsor changes the statement in Q11. Assuming that you are interviewing at a home embassy - just go with the host that you actually will stay with, as opposed to the other, more dubious intimate friend.

Marriage cert.

If the 2011 certificate refers to the 2009 ceremony, then you could put the 2009 date. However, if the 2011 cert implies you married on that date and that is the only evidence you have - then use that as the date of marriage - and the earlier date was a "traditional" ceremony. The date of birth of the child predating the 2011 date is not an issue. You can explain that all to the CO - but given all the dates are before the eDV entry - none of it will be an issue.

OK - the host/sponsor question. You seem to have lots of "intimate" friends. Lucky you. (FYI, when someone says they have an intimate relationship with someone it implies more than friendship).

As you know, at some embassies, when you provide a host, they question your relationship, but they do not question anything about the finances of the host. So - the low income host is probably sufficient. If that is genuinely your plan (to stay with her), that is all you need.

The second host/sponsor has a better income but the statement in Q11 contradicts the plan to stay with the low income host. So - decide to use one or the other - not both unless the sponsor changes the statement in Q11. Assuming that you are interviewing at a home embassy - just go with the host that you actually will stay with, as opposed to the other, more dubious intimate friend.

Marriage cert.

If the 2011 certificate refers to the 2009 ceremony, then you could put the 2009 date. However, if the 2011 cert implies you married on that date and that is the only evidence you have - then use that as the date of marriage - and the earlier date was a "traditional" ceremony. The date of birth of the child predating the 2011 date is not an issue. You can explain that all to the CO - but given all the dates are before the eDV entry - none of it will be an issue.
I also have same idea with you especially on the second issue.

Dear all

I . Sponsor Part

II. Marriage certificate

Thanks a lot in advance.
Hi @rolex123 ,

... @rolex123 , from my experience, the two questions we were asked about host: "Who is your host?" and "What is your relationship with your host?" are not difficult to answer with your original sponsor on DS-260. So I advise to keep it as is. For the marriage, I advise to be frank with the CO. After all both your wife and daughter are already on your initial dv entry. Another option could be to present a signed traditional marriage agreement to the manicipality and ask for new certificate as per the correct date.