• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

hello guys sorry for being lost I was busy on z medical examination,forensic and documents authentication... thanks to God am almost on the way to finish....one thing I want to ask you is am I expected to translate and authenticate my work experience?....

If you qualify for dv based on education (at least pass mark on ESLCE), you don't need documents on work experience. But if you plan to qualify by work experience, yes you need it and you may also need to verify about the type of work that is valid.
It is true that you need to present high school certificates if you qualify by education. But it is important to hold all available educational (including higher education) and work experience documents as you go for interview. Yes you need to translate all work experience documents which are in Amharic. No authentication.
The CO asked me to show work experience document even though I was qualified by education.

No but we collect our visa from DHL yesterday .

visa collected from DHL

yeay yeay yeay

flight will be one month from now
Congra guys.
Note that Ethiopian airlines has direct flights to USA, but a bit expensive. Fly emirates and Qatar airlines fly with connections, but cheaper. It is also good to know that you will save more that $60 if you book online and pay at offices. Early reservation is advisable.
Good luck guys.

@SusieQQQ 'nd @Britsimon , I need a police certificate from Italy . Is it not enough to get a ''certified record of pending criminal charges'' (The Certificato dei Carichi Pendenti) as I no more live there ? Coz on the reciprocity's page of Italy , there is in addition ''The Certificato Generale del Casellario Giudiziale ''- a certified national record of final court convictions and decisions regarding mental incompetency and bankruptcy or a statement that no such record exists (Nulla) , saying finally
'' both certificates are required from immigrant visa applicants residing in Italy ''
Thanks a lot !!

@SusieQQQ 'nd @Britsimon , I need a police certificate from Italy . Is it not enough to get a ''certified record of pending criminal charges'' (The Certificato dei Carichi Pendenti) as I no more live there ? Coz on the reciprocity's page of Italy , there is in addition ''The Certificato Generale del Casellario Giudiziale ''- a certified national record of final court convictions and decisions regarding mental incompetency and bankruptcy or a statement that no such record exists (Nulla) , saying finally
'' both certificates are required from immigrant visa applicants residing in Italy ''
Thanks a lot !!

If the reciprocity page says you need both, then you need both...
If it says you need less as you no longer live there then that's fine.
Always do what the instructions say.

@SusieQQQ . You right :) the '' both certificates are required from immigrant visa applicants RESIDING in Italy '' made me think so as am not living there anymore .As ' normally ' a mere police certificate is required . Thanks anyway !!

can anyone post a payment confirmation EMAIL from USCISELIS ??
Hi @ZGREAT. There are two types documents I have about the payment:

1. "Payment confirmation" email that contains information about total payment I made (825USD), name and address associated with my visa card.

2. "Case Receipt Notice" letter prepared by the name of every DV family member. I printed this official letter (letter with header and bar code) from the option buttons in the menu.

If you think it is important, I can post its anonymous version.

Hi @ZGREAT. There are two types documents I have about the payment:

1. "Payment confirmation" email that contains information about total payment I made (825USD), name and address associated with my visa card.

2. "Case Receipt Notice" letter prepared by the name of every DV family member. I printed this official letter (letter with header and bar code) from the option buttons in the menu.

If you think it is important, I can post its anonymous version.
That is very helpful information @MB1xxx.
Where did you get the second letter? Was it sent to you through your email or you printed it from
your account at USCIS?

That is very helpful information @MB1xxx.
Where did you get the second letter? Was it sent to you through your email or you printed it from
your account at USCIS?
Hi @God-Is-Love, initially I was not sure if the payment I made was properly communicated to the USCIS because the email simply says payment of the stated amount is confirmed. It doesn't show neither our names nor case numbers. I then continued to look in the menus of my USCIS account and finally found a formal letter under "View Messages" button (left side of the screen, see below). Just click on the button and you will get a table with one row for each family member. Then click on "Case Receipt Notice"under Subject column. This will display a letter in PDF format. Printing may not be that important as it will always be there but it is at least good to check it in order to make sure that everything is in order.
upload_2015-3-16_12-21-30.png Thumbnail that shows where you can find the "View Message" button

Hey Guys, I need support on the following issues.Currently I recognizes that my age specified on the high school transcript is different from the one I filled on DS260.
But the birth date specified on DS260 is consistent with My birth certificate and My birth date on My passport. What should I do about it?

Hey Guys, I need support on the following issues.Currently I recognizes that my age specified on the high school transcript is different from the one I filled on DS260.
But the birth date specified on DS260 is consistent with My birth certificate and My birth date on My passport. What should I do about it?
the birth certificate is all you need and that should be the first point of contact when issues of birth date rises.

Hi @God-Is-Love, initially I was not sure if the payment I made was properly communicated to the USCIS because the email simply says payment of the stated amount is confirmed. It doesn't show neither our names nor case numbers. I then continued to look in the menus of my USCIS account and finally found a formal letter under "View Messages" button (left side of the screen, see below). Just click on the button and you will get a table with one row for each family member. Then click on "Case Receipt Notice"under Subject column. This will display a letter in PDF format. Printing may not be that important as it will always be there but it is at least good to check it in order to make sure that everything is in order.
View attachment 418 Thumbnail that shows where you can find the "View Message" button
just fished printing it !! Thanks boss :D

View attachment 418 Thumbnail that shows where you can find the "View Message" button
just fished printing it !! Thanks boss :D
I had the same issue ; took me 15 min to correct the dicripancy take both your birth certificate and transcript to your high school and they will issue you a new one with out a problem ! Try to be 100 % clear and avoid possible AP !

update on document preparation
-medical result confirmation received from IOM , last Friday
-all civil documents authentication done.
- interview .... waiting with pray
by the way @MB1xxx , @ZGREAT and @God-Is-Love , I envy on you when I see your current discussion about USCIS payment process . 'yemechachu'
@rolex123 don't worry, you will get it for sure. Complying with the checklist is sufficient for the requirements. The interview is so straight forward and nothing will stop you from the Father Land:) Good Luck.

@rolex123 don't worry, you will get it for sure. Complying with the checklist is sufficient for the requirements. The interview is so straight forward and nothing will stop you from the Father Land:) Good Luck.
@MB1xxx thank you so much , but I want to ask you about uscis payment ,if we don't have MasterCard, how did someone from USA will create USCIS account for dv winner or will he use his USCIS account to pay for the dv winner? or is it possible to create account from here and inform the host to use USCIS account to pay for fee ?
thanks in advance

update on document preparation
-medical result confirmation received from IOM , last Friday
-all civil documents authentication done.
- interview .... waiting with pray
by the way @MB1xxx , @ZGREAT and @God-Is-Love , I envy on you when I see your current discussion about USCIS payment process . 'yemechachu'
we are waiting for our new crew members to join the flight : rolex good luck my dear