• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

@MB1xxx thank you so much , but I want to ask you about uscis payment ,if we don't have MasterCard, how did someone from USA will create USCIS account for dv winner or will he use his USCIS account to pay for the dv winner? or is it possible to create account from here and inform the host to use USCIS account to payment for fee ?
thanks in advance
@rolex123 that is good question. My experience is paying it my self but creating your USCIS account and then giving your account information to your host must be ok in which case you should also be online to forward a pin number which you will receive on your email each time there is log in to your account. In any case, there should be someone in the forum who recently paid the USCIS fee through a host in the US using ELIS system and who can help with this information.

As you may recall, my family has gone a long way and has been lucky at the embassy to settle our travel plan for July (in relation to children exit exam). Now, I got a conditional academic job offer for fall 2015 (August) but the job needs a physical appearance (sort of interview) for formality.
Now, the issue is, even if I can afford to go and come back for the interview, it will be expensive to shuttle with my wife as she is the principal Dv winnerMy question is, how can I make a round trip with the DV visa? Can I ask for non-immigrant vasa just for this purpose from the embassy? Can I consult the embassy about the issue? Thanks.

As you may recall, my family has gone a long way and has been lucky at the embassy to settle our travel plan for July (in relation to children exit exam). Now, I got a conditional academic job offer for fall 2015 (August) but the job needs a physical appearance (sort of interview) for formality.
Now, the issue is, even if I can afford to go and come back for the interview, it will be expensive to shuttle with my wife as she is the principal Dv winnerMy question is, how can I make a round trip with the DV visa? Can I ask for non-immigrant vasa just for this purpose from the embassy? Can I consult the embassy about the issue? Thanks.

It's unlikely you could get a non immigrant visa for this. Can't you ask your potential employer if they will settle for a Skype interview in the meanwhile?

I must also say to you as one of the few who gets a job offer before arriving, well done!!!

It's unlikely you could get a non immigrant visa for this. Can't you ask your potential employer if they will settle for a Skype interview in the meanwhile?

I must also say to you as one of the few who gets a job offer before arriving, well done!!!
Thank you @SusieQQQ. I already requested the employer to allow me present my self through video conference (Skype or other). I am waiting for their response. I presented the issue here in the forum just in case their policy does not allow that. At the same time, I believe others in the forum my also learn something from the discussion. By the way, websites and recommendations through some personal connections are essential for such opportunity.

Dear MB1XX,
That is really great opportunity and congrats, at least you manged to apply before you arrival day. I think we will follow your way and try to contact some possible employers. As SusieQQQ said, there should be a possibility of having the interview via skype. I am sure they will do it. God be with you and have a successful interview!!!

Dear all
Look what I find on http://ethiopia.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas/pre-interview-registration-requirement.html
pre-interview registration requirement under transition instruction for applicant :
It say
‘ Please not that as of April 01 applicant without appointment registered at usvisa-info.com will NOT be granted access into the embassy

View attachment 421
thank you for the information....but i didn't understand it is it different from what we were registered before?mean dhl thing?

thank you for the information....but i didn't understand it is it different from what we were registered before?mean dhl thing?
yes it's dhl registration , before you can access to the embassy and interviewed even if you don't register , now it is mandatory as of April 1, else you don't have the access to enter into the embassy without registration mail print out.

@biah
here is the detail Ethiopian document authentication procedure which was posted during 2014
  • Ethiopian Academic Documents Authentication Procedures

High School Transcript Authentication
    First one needs to authenticate the transcript from grade 9-12 at the school where u attended your high school level and then bring the school authenticated transcript to the regional education bureau for final authentication. (This step is not necessary according to this years interviewed winners. If you can do it but if you can't don't bother.)

High School National Exam Certificates Authentication
    First one needs to authenticate the National Exam Certificates at the Ministry of Education and then take the authenticated Certificate to Mistry of Foreign Affairs for final Authentication

Higher Level Institutes Certificate and Grade Report Authentication
    First one needs to go to the university/college to authenticate the higher level Certificate but for the new curriculum graduates most of the Universities request the receipt of payment for cost sharing in order to authenticate. Once u authenticate the certificate and the grade report as well from your Institute then go to MoFA for final Authentication.

High School (Preparatory School)
    Place: The Place where u attended your Secondary and/or Preparatory Courses
    Price: 10 birr/Paper
    Requirement: unauthenticated High School Transcript
    Time: better to go in the morning and it took less than 30 minutes

Addis Ababa City Education Bureau:
    Price: 25 birr/Paper
    Place: on the road from 6Killo to Ferensai/Bella in front of Oromia Court or u can use the back gate which is in front of 6Killo Egypt Embassy next to International Leadership Institute
    Requirement: 8th Grade Ministry Certificate and School Authenticated High School Transcript
    Time: better to go in the morning and it took less than 30 minutes

MoE/NoE (Ministry of Education/National Organization for Examination)
    Place: 5Killo St. Marry Church in front of Abune Paulos Residence next to Menelik II Primary School
    Price: 35 Birr/Paper
    Requirement: unauthenticated High School Certificates [EGSECE(10th),EGSLCE(10th),ESLCE(12th),EHEECE(12th)]
    Time: if u give the Certificate in the Morning,u can take it back either 5:30 Local time in the morning or 10:30 in the afternoon

MoFA (Ministry of Foreign Affairs/Consular & Document Authentication Section)
    Place: Casanchis on the road to Bambis via Ministry of Labor
    Price: 150 Birr/Paper
    Requirement: MoE authenticated Certificates
    Time: better to go in the morning and it took around 30 minutes (works 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM

Documents Authentication Procedures for Private School Graduates
    1. If u have a diploma or degree form private school
    • Authenticate on the school you attend then go to the Federal Higher Education Authentication agency in front of the embassy of united state.
    • Price 200.00 per page
    • Finally MoFA
    1. If u have a diploma from technical school out of Addis Ababa
    • Authenticate on the school you attend then go to the Regional Technical and Authentication Agency
    • Finally MoFA
NOTE: - When you authenticate your document in any office don't forget beside the stamp you need a signature of the person who authenticate.
Dear @rolex123 , anything changed in 2015 ? because I am going for authentication of my docs , including my birth certificate next week .Thanks !

dear @ethSelam attached here with official addis ababa us embassy dv 2015 info hand out, it tells which document to be authonticated.
Thanks a lot @rolex123 for the list of the docs to bring with though it doesnt say which doc should be authenticated or otherwise :) . Hope the steps and places for doing so in Addis aren't changed ... thanks again !

Thanks a lot @rolex123 for the list of the docs to bring with though it doesnt say which doc should be authenticated or otherwise :) . Hope the steps and places for doing so in Addis aren't changed ... thanks again !
@ethSelam it does bro, look at the education document part on the checklist it says smtg about certfication , but please check @God-Is-Love post after her interview , she described clearly the doc which needs authentication during the interview. Good luck bro