• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

Tnx @ZGREAT for the info where did i go to authenticate the marriage certificate and the Birth Certificate.. Kifle Ketema or Kebele or Foreign Affairs.
@biah just to add one information about marriage certificate authentication , there is two option
1. if you marry before 2000e.c (2006/7 g.c) you need to go around 'semen hotel ' first then MoFA
2. if you marry after 2000e.c (2006/7 g.c) you need to go to 'kefleketam ' then MoFa

Please tell me there is a typo in that hotel place?
it is actually a place named after the hotel ,
'semen hotel' means 'north hotel' , and normally a person who married before 2006/7 only at municialpality can get marriage certificate and those files kept know one office near 'semen hotel' but after 2006/7 the government decentralized such activity to sub-city (kefleketma).

No. No need to take "unmarried" certificate. I
observed the same thing on my interview date. The COs commonly
request family pictures for relatively old single ladies. It is good to prepare pictures with family whom the applicant live with.

I would caution against telling people "no need to take" a government issued certificate, especially if they already have it. It is better to be over prepared than to show up for the interview without adequate documents. While its a good idea for people to go with family pictures like you suggested, I don't see anything wrong with having an "unmarried" certificate on hand too, for a 'just in case' situation.

I would caution against telling people "no need to take" a government issued certificate, especially if they already have it. It is better to be over prepared than to show up for the interview without adequate documents. While its a good idea for people to go with family pictures like you suggested, I don't see anything wrong with having an "unmarried" certificate on hand too, for a 'just in case' situation.
Yaa. I agree it is good to be over prepared. But the main purpose of the form is to avoid selling of major assets without the knowledge of the other partner, and to avoid marriage over marriage.

Lol. . . No typo. It is amharic word to say "north"
it is actually a place named after the hotel ,
'semen hotel' means 'north hotel' , and normally a person who married before 2006/7 only at municialpality can get marriage certificate and those files kept know one office near 'semen hotel' but after 2006/7 the government decentralized such activity to sub-city (kefleketma).

Ahh I see - translations are fun. It reminds me of when Rolls Royce chose the name for the car that later became the Silver Shadow. It was originally to be called the Silver Mist - which sounds fine in English, but mist in German is "manure".

Ahh I see - translations are fun. It reminds me of when Rolls Royce chose the name for the car that later became the Silver Shadow. It was originally to be called the Silver Mist - which sounds fine in English, but mist in German is "manure".
Ha ha
Just now i realized that how funny what actually mean 'semen' in english.

when authenticating birth certificate granted from kebele; where should it be taken next for residents living outside addis as there is no thing called kfle ketema outside A.A
The other question is should the order of name written in passport be the same as the one filled on Ds260 (grand father name, middle name, father name)

Yaa. I agree it is good to be over prepared. But the main purpose of the form is to avoid selling of major assets without the knowledge of the other partner, and to avoid marriage over marriage.

Isn't an unmarried certificate issued to people who are single? What am I missing here? What has that got to do with people selling "major assets without knowledge of the other partner" or "having marriage over marriage"? I don't quite get what you're driving at.

Isn't an unmarried certificate issued to people who are single? What am I missing here? What has that got to do with people selling "major assets without knowledge of the other partner" or "having marriage over marriage"? I don't quite get what you're driving at.

I'm guessing to either sell major assets or get married, you need to prove you don't have an oblivious spouse somewhere...

I'm guessing to either sell major assets or get married, you need to prove you don't have an oblivious spouse somewhere...

So they issue a certificate - because that could not possibly be wrong.... :eek:

So they issue a certificate - because that could not possibly be wrong.... :eek:
Dont know about the asset and stuff :) . But one can get an '' am unmarried '' letter (certificate) from his local administration office ( sub city in Addis Ababa). In fact it is a must to have to getting married in civil (city municipality ).

when authenticating birth certificate granted from kebele; where should it be taken next for residents living outside addis as there is no thing called kfle ketema outside A.A
The other question is should the order of name written in passport be the same as the one filled on Ds260 (grand father name, middle name, father name)
@abi328 birth certficate from outside addis can be certified at local municipality (welena masreja)