• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

Have you told them that you had been married before the date you went "kifle ketema?" otherwise they consider it as a new marriage. They may need an evidence for you had been married earlier. They give certificates with two dates as I explained earlier.
I've seen many certificates of friends who had been married in church and approved their marriage in "kifle ketema". Their certificates show two dates, the actual date and the registration date at "kifle ketema"
yes God-is -love , I have told them , but they put only the date when we signed at 'kifle ketem' (that was back 2011), but is it possible to request for the two dates? do u know anybody who got such exprience , i mean having marriage certificate then with formal request get the customary marriage date.
thanks

yes God-is -love , I have told them , but they put only the date when we signed at 'kifle ketem' (that was back 2011), but is it possible to request for the two dates? do u know anybody who got such exprience , i mean having marriage certificate then with formal request get the customary marriage date.
thanks
As @Suseqqq and @Fikir12 said, the CO will understand the case. We don't have habits of registering birth, marriage and death at 'wulena masreja' office unless requested for some processes. The CO or local adviser is aware of that.
But, if you want to correct your certificate, you can go to 'sheger' branch of municipality (inside 'sheger menafesha' around 'addisu gebeya'). This branch is dedicated only for correction of such certificates. Try to explain the case. Good luck.

Last edited:
did u make any call? I am really confused for early and late submission etc etc , there must be something got wrong because I saw one experience from .. request for unlock a number of times but ... here is his experience @RedSo

Hi Rolex, no problem:
Case number: SA000007xx. Current in november bulletin;
may 21, submitted form;
august 26, first change;
september 24, second change;
october 9, bulletin;
october 23, 2NL received;
interview date, december 04.

I noticed something, when i submitted the form at first time, the confirmation page said this:

"Your Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application (DS-260) was sent to the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC)
for review."

And when i submitted second time (first change in august) the confirmation page said this:

"Your Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application form (Form DS-260) has been automatically forwarded to
your interview location."

So, when i submitted the second time in august 26, i think the form was already processed and was on interview location.

I hope this information will be useful.

Greetings!

guys what do u say about early submission , unlocking request , late summation ? I am confused, because if yohanmar submit his early then why he did not get his 2NL?

Hi rolex123, I didn't call them but send e-mail them before two weeks, and they told me it's under process in the embassy.

@yohanmar, your case number is low, and you submitted your DS260 earlier (only 5 days away from the beginning date).
I think you should contact KCC to know what is going on your case.
If you use email, don't forget to include your case number, full name and date of birth.
Good luck.
Thanks God-Is-Love, I did send e-mail twice once they told me just under process the net time they told me it's under process in the embassy.

yohanmar

have you unlocked the form ?

how about calling them ? I think it is the fastest best way to get a feedback :

also are you checking the ESC : it might be there waiting for you !!!

check the spam folder of your email. too

Hi ZGREAT, I didn't unlock it, every thing was correct. Could any one send me the link for ESC and telephone number please ? And there is nothing in the inbox and spam my mail too.

Last edited:
Guys I hav question > I'm 12 grade compleat i hv ESLCE certificate .. Also I pass for university , but I didnt even go to university..coz I don't lik z field by z tim :p .but I don't hav 5pass mark.. On my ESLCE :: Dose it hav a problem.... Coz it's not clear for me z(education requirement)

Guys I hav question > I'm 12 grade compleat i hv ESLCE certificate .. Also I pass for university , but I didnt even go to university..coz I don't lik z field by z tim :p .but I don't hav 5pass mark.. On my ESLCE :: Dose it hav a problem.... Coz it's not clear for me z(education requirement)

what do u mean by u don't have 5pass mark, look what actually put on ADDIS ABEAB US EMBASSY DV15 fact sheet on education :
EDUCATION: The Government of Ethiopia has made changes to the educational system. As a result, many students enrolled in a Technical and Vocational program no longer meet the educational requirements of the DV. The DV program requires completion of 12 years of basic
educational courses. Purely vocational education or training does not meet the DV requirements. Therefore, to qualify for the DV you MUST have at least one of the following:
o An ESLCE (12th grade) or Higher Education Entrance Qualification certificate showing at least FIVE passing grades (A to D), or
o Certificate of completion of 10th grade plus three years of vocational school or professional study (10+3) that include three years of math, English and civics (common courses), or
o Graduation from an Ethiopian Military School.

check this link thoroughly boss http://photos.state.gov/libraries/ethiopia/956093/PDF Files/DV 2015 Info Handout.pdf

Last edited:
what do u mean u don't have 5pass mark? US addis abeba embassy dv immigrant requirement for ESLCE pass mark is at least 5 of the course we took out of 7 should be ( A-D) , check the link I uploaded previously for u.
@Boss role have cleared your confusion

we are talking about dv right ?? its no preparatory lolll

keep calm and collect your visa !!

yeah

hope is a dangerous thing to lose be carfull yelal ayate !!
ya ZGREAT , it might be dangerous to call again and again, what I mean try to call for sure once. but is it not strange the response he got that ' his case under process in embassy' if they send his document to embassy for further processing he must got his 2NL by this time.

what do u mean by u don't have 5pass mark, look what actually put on ADDIS ABEAB US EMBASSY DV15 fact sheet on education :
EDUCATION: The Government of Ethiopia has made changes to the educational system. As a result, many students enrolled in a Technical and Vocational program no longer meet the educational requirements of the DV. The DV program requires completion of 12 years of basic
educational courses. Purely vocational education or training does not meet the DV requirements. Therefore, to qualify for the DV you MUST have at least one of the following:
o An ESLCE (12th grade) or Higher Education Entrance Qualification certificate showing at least FIVE passing grades (A to D), or
o Certificate of completion of 10th grade plus three years of vocational school or professional study (10+3) that include three years of math, English and civics (common courses), or
o Graduation from an Ethiopian Military School.

check this link thoroughly boss http://photos.state.gov/libraries/ethiopia/956093/PDF Files/DV 2015 Info Handout.pdf
U kno wt z newESLCE Did not hav A-D it only hv 56,47,52 lik zt ... How can I kno zt I hv 5pass marks

U kno wt z newESLCE Did not hav A-D it only hv 56,47,52 lik zt ... How can I kno zt I hv 5pass marks
that means just like ZGREAT said, u did not take ESLCE, U need higher education entrance qualification certificate showing at least five passing marks, not from A-D

ya ZGREAT , it might be dangerous to call again and again, what I mean try to call for sure once. but is it not strange the response he got that ' his case under process in embassy' if they send his document to embassy for further processing he must got his 2NL by this time.
I will just wait, but am afraid may be i didn't know how to check. U know I was always checking in the immigrant visa status check. I didn't know whether am correct or not. But I need feed back from those who got 2nl.

boss and rolex

let me clear things out her

I think rolex is referring the old curriculum and boss is curious abt the new curriculum

1* the old curriculum * have only one exam taken at grade 12 and it was called eslc ETHIOPIAN SCHOOL LEAVING CERTIFICATE
2* the new curriculum have 2 exams
# grade 10 EGSEC (ethiopian general secondary education certificate )
# grade 12 EHEEQC (ethiopian higher education entrance qualification certificate )

so as the old curriculum the grading was only A-F
in the new curriculum the grading for grade 10 is A-F AND for grade 12 it is the number which is written on the certificate in my opinion they only see if you have results in all subjects you are registered for

so Boss relax you have passed the exam and as long as you have all the results on the certificate you will be fine !!

btw I have heard that the Co might ask you your academic results in the interview

are you good in maths ???
what is the highest grade you score from your exam ?? and
so on make sure you know your results for the interview !!

sorry for the novel