• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

Nice move boss! How about police certificate?
To day I did a lot thing .. First... I go to ministry of education ... To authenticate 10th&12 grade EGSLCE & ESLCE it toke me 30min if u get zr early"...and also I hav not done >but an appointment for 2moro ..z police clearance (ASHARA ) first thing 1 photo copy of ur passport and copy of ur appointment letter and also 1 photograph...( location Tekur anbesa fit lefit bewanaw ber) ...that's it for today ;)

Not yet God-Is-Love, though I did send DS-260 on May 23, 2014.
@yohanmar, your case number is low, and you submitted your DS260 earlier (only 5 days away from the beginning date).
I think you should contact KCC to know what is going on your case.
If you use email, don't forget to include your case number, full name and date of birth.
Good luck.

yohanmar

have you unlocked the form ?

how about calling them ? I think it is the fastest best way to get a feedback :

also are you checking the ESC : it might be there waiting for you !!!

check the spam folder of your email. too

yohanmar

have you unlocked the form ?

how about calling them ? I think it is the fastest best way to get a feedback :

also are you checking the ESC : it might be there waiting for you !!!

check the spam folder of your email. too
yaa. Good point ZGREAT, Checking the ESC page and spam folders.

hello Accra, I envy on u , how do u feel planning to go dream of every ones living place ? when u r leaving Accra ?

Honestly I feel normal now. All the excitement happens the day your visa get approved after the interview and when you actually pick up your visa package. I'm however very optimistic about settling in the USA. Nonetheless I'm not expecting magic overnight, so I'm really prepared to face possible uncertainties. I'm likely to travel over the wknd, still not 100% certain tho. Goodluck to everyone on this thread. I wish you guys 100% Visa approval. No denial !!

here is documents you should provide during the interview :
1. original passport and its copy( the first two pages)
2. two photographs (see photograph requirement)
3. selection notification letter & interview appointment letter
4. original birth certificate and its copy
5. original marriage certificate with two copies
6. police certificate from Ethiopia (original only)
7. police certificate outside of Ethiopia (if you lived outside of Ethiopia for more than one year)
8. DV qualifying education documents ( copy of the front and back pages)
9. 10th grade and 12th grade( EGSLCE & ESLCE) OR 10+3 completion document. which ever applies to you ( authenticated by the ministry of foreign affairs and ministry of education) b. original high school transcript and its copy( no authentication required)
10 . work experience ( if you qualify with work experience)
11 . 330 USD. per applicant ( u can take birr)

good luck
what you mean by high school transcript i only have 11&12 only does they need 9&10 also

what you mean by high school transcript i only have 11&12 only does they need 9&10 also

the one given after we finish 12th grade, which has all grade results from grade 9-12 on one paper.

Right. From 9-12. It's good to have it in one paper. But don't worry if you can't. You can present it in two separate pages. One from 9-10 and the second from 11-12, specially if you went different schools.

I'm not from there but surely they just need 11-12 as long as it shows successful completion of high school - which is the requirement? Most other countries only have 12th grade results (or A levels), nothing before then.

any ideas for family likely question of
CO: How old is your marriage?
WE:___________

what is the answer for such question during CO interview for the couple who actually married before few years ago than the date on the marriage certificate , , I mean in Ethiopia wedding ceremony is usually done before we process legal marriage certificate, for example for mine case I am married & have baby girl but our marriage certificate says we married two years after our baby girl birth , usually people go for legalization to process something like dv etc etc, else people in Ethiopia most of married family did not have marriage certificate , anyways which one is the answer? , is its the one printed on the marriage certificate or we should explain and say we married before....

any ideas for family likely question of
CO: How old is your marriage?
WE:___________

what is the answer for such question during CO interview for the couple who actually married before few years ago than the date on the marriage certificate , , I mean in Ethiopia wedding ceremony is usually done before we process legal marriage certificate, for example for mine case I am married & have baby girl but our marriage certificate says we married two years after our baby girl birth , usually people go for legalization to process something like dv etc etc, else people in Ethiopia most of married family did not have marriage certificate , anyways which one is the answer? , is its the one printed on the marriage certificate or we should explain and say we married before....
In Ethiopia, there are three types of marriage that are legally accepted before law.
1. Marriage as per tradition (yesefer shimaglewoch yatsedekut)
2. Marriage in religious entities (most of them have certificate)
3. Marriage in municipalities.
The requirement for DV is to present the third one. So, the municipalities will give you a certificate if you are married in one of the three ways. They put two dates on the certificate, the actual marriage date and the one you appear in municipality. (Like "the marriage on 12/03/2012 in religious place is approved before the municipality officer on 21/10/2014)
so, you can say you were married on 12/03/2012 but registered in municipality on 21/10/2014.

In Ethiopia, there are three types of marriage that are legally accepted before law.
1. Marriage as per tradition (yesefer shimaglewoch yatsedekut)
2. Marriage in religious entities (most of them have certificate)
3. Marriage in municipalities.
The requirement for DV is to present the third one. So, the municipalities will give you a certificate if you are married in one of the three ways. They put two dates on the certificate, the actual marriage date and the one you appear in municipality. (Like "the marriage on 12/03/2012 in religious place is approved before the municipality officer on 21/10/2014)
so, you can say you were married on 12/03/2012 but registered in municipality on 21/10/2014.

Thank you god - is - love , but I did not see two dates on our certificate, which was given from 'kefle ketema welena masgrega'

Thank you god - is - love , but I did not see two dates on our certificate, which was given from 'kefle ketema welena masgrega'

Have you told them that you had been married before the date you went "kifle ketema?" otherwise they consider it as a new marriage. They may need an evidence for you had been married earlier. They give certificates with two dates as I explained earlier.
I've seen many certificates of friends who had been married in church and approved their marriage in "kifle ketema". Their certificates show two dates, the actual date and the registration date at "kifle ketema"

You need to be careful with marriage dates, if you tell them you were married before DV entry but a spouse was not on the entry they will disqualify you.
Surely you just say something like "legally married since XX but we have been together since YY and entered a customary marriage on ZZ". COs are usually aware of local traditions.

I think I have seen a post from 2012 or 2011 DV winner forum from Ethiopia regarding your question. If I remember correctly, he was asked regarding their marriage date(I think it is like you, they have customary marriage and the date in their certificate is 2 years after their marriage). so he explained to the CO and they understand it as Susieqqq said. I think, if you could be able to get the date (two dates) as God-In-Love said that is perfect. If you don't get it, I think you can answer that you got married on X date/year and got the certificate on Y date/year. That is what I would say if I am asked.

You need to be careful with marriage dates, if you tell them you were married before DV entry but a spouse was not on the entry they will disqualify you.
Surely you just say something like "legally married since XX but we have been together since YY and entered a customary marriage on ZZ". COs are usually aware of local traditions.
thanks SusieQQQ, the spouse and my child were in the entry, and I would definitely say legally .... together...... and customary marriage...
thanks again.