• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV Lottery 2016 Applicant

wow, that is an interesting statement. Can you provide a link or a reference or example where they have rejected cases based on picture edits? I have been editing photos with significant steps. I doubt your statement is correct though, or are you just postulating this? please elaborate. Thanks..

Do you doubt the official instructions???

"Photos must not be digitally enhanced or altered to change your appearance in any way."

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/general/photos.html

Hi Super moderator, if i win the lottrey can i pass the process without relative who live in US, because i'm planning to use US virtual address as my green card mail destination. please advise

Hi Super moderator, if i win the lottrey can i pass the process without relative who live in US, because i'm planning to use US virtual address as my green card mail destination. please advise

You don't need a relative but you do need a real street adress for your green card.

Hi, everyone!

I applied for this year's DV lottery. Me and hubby each applied. I found the process super easy and i was done really fast. I hope i didn't take the photos too easy - i took them with iphone and just choose square shape later and re-sized them to 600 by 600 pixels in the computer. I validated them before using them and it all seemed fine. I applied once before, when i was still single and at the university - it was my university project to present this lottery and applied as an experiment. I wasn't selected :)

I hope we get lucky this time as a family :) It's going to be a long wait :p

Ok Im here and I am in

10687054_10204221051218812_6000854863487491326_n.jpg

So, what do we do in between? :) While waiting for the results...
Are there any statistics of how many people applied so far?
Would be interesting to know...

This is my first time and I don't know what I can do. I just keep reading threads here.

What we can do is limited and I think we just only need to wait for the result.

So, what do we do in between? :) While waiting for the results...
Are there any statistics of how many people applied so far?
Would be interesting to know...

I would recommend forgetting all about it until May. If you're selected there will be a whole lotta conversation, stress and worry to follow. Believe me, I know.

I am from Macau. So I am considered to be in EU region right? It's kinda weird that Macau is in EU while HK and TW are in AS.

I am from Macau. So I am considered to be in EU region right? It's kinda weird that Macau is in EU while HK and TW are in AS.

Yeah, Macau is basically listed as a sub region of Portugal...
Does seem inconsistent with Hong Kong.

I would recommend forgetting all about it until May. If you're selected there will be a whole lotta conversation, stress and worry to follow. Believe me, I know.
Oh, man. Tough luck there with DV14!
Where are you from? I fall under Europe (Slovenia) my hubby is "taking" my country as his doesn't qualify (India).

Oh, man. Tough luck there with DV14!
Where are you from? I fall under Europe (Slovenia) my hubby is "taking" my country as his doesn't qualify (India).

Yes it was a pretty devastating end to DV14. Im from Australia currently living in NYC on an E3 visa. Fingers and toes crossed for DV16!

Any idea if it is fine to use the same address for 8 different applications for different people that live at the same address or share the same address. Is there any limitation on that?

Any idea if it is fine to use the same address for 8 different applications for different people that live at the same address or share the same address. Is there any limitation on that?

Well if those 8 people are truly different people that would be ok, but the fraud systems will probably red flag them meaning they are more likely to be scrutinized carefully.