• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV Lottery 2016 Applicant

hi guys! as i noticed there are some selectees here were once selected but were "Cut Off", what does this cut off mean? what had happened? plus, if we are selected ,but our address is messing up by accident, how do we recover it? should we inform the embassy or email to where? pls answer, my appreciation!:(:eek:

hi guys! as i noticed there are some selectees here were once selected but were "Cut Off", what does this cut off mean? what had happened? plus, if we are selected ,but our address is messing up by accident, how do we recover it? should we inform the embassy or email to where? pls answer, my appreciation!:(:eek:

Being selected does not guarantee you a visa. It just gives you the opportunity to apply for a visa.

When you are selected, you get a case number for your region. The US government work through those case numbers in order (from 1 to whatever) however, at some point, the visas available may become exhausted or time has run out (ie you get to 30 September and no further visas can be issued).

They select far more people than there are visas available. Whilst some people either won't apply or will be rejected, there will be some in some regions who, despite being selected and applying for a visa, will not succeed.

It's not enouogh to be selected. You have to hope that you are selected AND that your case number is sufficiently low that you will get an interview.

EmilyW thanks for help. But is there any way to receive low case? Or the department just give it to us by themselves?

There is no way to receive a lower case number. If there was, everyone would be doing it! You are allocated a number by the US and that's your case number.

There is no science as to how the numbers are allocated. As in, people who apply earlier in the month don't automatically get a lower number. We applied a couple of days before it closed last year and ended up with a (pretty good) mid range number.

Hi super moderator, what if the DV winner still have obligation such as mortgage or other debt, is it will be a problem in the future, please advise

Hi super moderator, what if the DV winner still have obligation such as mortgage or other debt, is it will be a problem in the future, please advise

No problem from an immigration pint of view - although I would recommend you pay anything you owe since you never know if you might have to move back "home"...

Not just that, but I have been told by my realtor that it is possible to get (for them to use) an international credit record. So it could bite even in the US.

Not just that, but I have been told by my realtor that it is possible to get (for them to use) an international credit record. So it could bite even in the US.
It might be very true coz many countries have some sort of what in our country we call Credit reference bureau where all loan defaulters records are centrally stored, so if any bank wants to know your credit history they'll just access that database, who knows maybe in the future all countries databases might be interlinked. So for me I think you defaulting on mortgage or debt might haunt you in the future if not sooner.

Hello all, 61 days ( 8weeks ) to go !!
I'm interested to know if anyone has done any forward planning ??
Personally, I have obtained hubbys Senior Leaving Certificate from Ireland as original has been lost/mislaid/destroyed !! through the passage of time.

:)regards x:)

Hello all, 61 days ( 8weeks ) to go !!
I'm interested to know if anyone has done any forward planning ??
Personally, I have obtained hubbys Senior Leaving Certificate from Ireland as original has been lost/mislaid/destroyed !! through the passage of time.

:)regards x:)

I've compiled a list of all the addresses I've lived in since I was 16 (there are many!) as required in the DS-260 form, but that's it for now. :)

Does one's list of addresses have to include 'short term temporary adresses', for instance renting a room?
Is it most recent first on DS-260?

Hubby and I will be setting to work on this promptly. :)

You don't list temporary rooms like a vacation rental for a month or two. The test is whether you maintained your permanent home address...

Hey folks, hop u r well. This count down is killing me, I can't wait to have my case number because I believe that I'm selected for the dv 2016! But in the meantime I'm busy organising all the documents including passports for my family so that I don't delay the submission of the ds260.good luck to you all.

I again made an error in EDV application, I made spelling error, is there any solution? DV2016

You cannot change or correct your eDV. As to whether this will cause a problem, it depends how serious the error is and on what detail you made the mistake. If you are selected you will have to enter the correct details on the DS260 and if the error is minor they may let it pass.

hey britsimon I made an error concerning my date of birth ts supposed to be 1991 and I used 1993 is it so serious im from Nairobi