• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV Lottery 2016 Applicant

Hello all,
So, dv-2016 applications made. one each for Hubby and I. Very simple and straightforward. Im now feeling slightly, waaaaaaaah we did it.

I took images on ipad using USCG Photo app. Emailed the images to myself, enabling me to access them on laptop, then downloaded images to laptop and used photo validation link. Probably a long winded way of doing it but it worked 1st time.

Now time to get on with daily life and await 5 May 2015 (edt). It will come around soon enough !!

Regards to everyone x

I also applied few days back ( 2 entries - me & my wife) ....... and I agree its very simple & easy. Sometimes one feels is it really an application for US Green Card --- ;)

Question. Using hubby's Irishness to apply. We live in England.
Assuming we got to interview stage, would we have to go to Embassy in London or Dublin?

i have got a diploma in mechanical engineering. which box should i tick - high school degree,some university courses or university degree?

i have got a diploma in mechanical engineering. which box should i tick - high school degree,some university courses or university degree?

We'll the detailed answer would involve asking you what type of diploma it is to ascertain where it sits in those three levels.

The short answer is pick any one, it won't make any difference to your chances.

So really, just make a sensible choice.

We'll the detailed answer would involve asking you what type of diploma it is to ascertain where it sits in those three levels.

The short answer is pick any one, it won't make any difference to your chances.

So really, just make a sensible choice.

Hello! i plan to enter my father for dv-2016, my question what do you call a medical degree (MD) in the US, i am unexpereinced;
is it a (university degree) or (doctorate degree)?

your help is apreciated :)

Hello! i plan to enter my father for dv-2016, my question what do you call a medical degree (MD) in the US, i am unexpereinced;
is it a (university degree) or (doctorate degree)?

your help is apreciated :)

The clue is in the names.

MD (Medicinae Doctor) means "Doctor of Medicine" and that seems pretty well aligned with a "Doctorate Degree". :rolleyes:

Hm... I would have put an MD as university degree, not doctorate. But I don't think it matters anyway as far as the DV forms are concerned.