• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

Hello.....
I sent an email to KCC asking my interview date ( because my case number is AF00002*** and filled Ds 260 on june 1st)
They replied me yesterday that my case is currently under processing and told me to check visa bulletin at 15th of every month
Does it mean I have no chance of having interview in october ?
Me too,and I think this just an automated answer where every time you email,they just submit the per-prapared answer.

Hello.....
I sent an email to KCC asking my interview date ( because my case number is AF00002*** and filled Ds 260 on june 1st)
They replied me yesterday that my case is currently under processing and told me to check visa bulletin at 15th of every month
Does it mean I have no chance of having interview in october ?

That is pretty unlikely now. Does it matter?

That is pretty unlikely now. Does it matter?
Britsimon please clarify why it is unlikely? Visa bulletin for Ethiopia shows 7000 for October but, so far, there is no single person in this forum or among the people I try to reach in Addis including those Internet cafes serving DV lottery winners who received 2NL. That means all the 7000 2NL are yet to come before October somehow or am I missing something about the meaning of Visa bulletin?

Britsimon please clarify why it is unlikely? Visa bulletin for Ethiopia shows 7000 for October but, so far, there is no single person in this forum or among the people I try to reach in Addis including those Internet cafes serving DV lottery winners who received 2NL. That means all the 7000 2NL are yet to come before October somehow or am I missing something about the meaning of Visa bulletin?

It's becoming quite clear that opening the DS260s so late this year (whereas in previous years people could submit DS230s immediately) has led to delays in processing everyone who is current. I would expect it all to be back to normal pretty soon.

hello mates , how you all rolling ?

thumbs up for all who are helping / answering queastions of these NICE forum members

so now am being curious about two issues
1. does it take more than 6 weeks to process the ds260 ? and why does some one with a very low case number have to wait after his number have become current ? we can guess that these will slow things down these year or it will not affect the VB ?

2. i have applied for a non-immigrant visa on Sep 2013 and i was refused ( A BAD RECORD ) the reason was not showing proof of economic and social tie , SO i am wondering if these refusal will have any negative effect on my upcoming visa interview ?? if ir have an effect how can i clear things ??

thanks in advance for your answers

thumbs up for all who are helping / answering queastions of these NICE forum members

1. does it take more than 6 weeks to process the ds260 ? and why does some one with a very low case number have to wait after his number have become current ? we can guess that these will slow things down these year or it will not affect the VB ?

2. i have applied for a non-immigrant visa on Sep 2013 and i was refused ( A BAD RECORD ) the reason was not showing proof of economic and social tie , SO i am wondering if these refusal will have any negative effect on my upcoming visa interview ?? if ir have an effect how can i clear things ??

DV Lottery(PERMANENT STAY) is totally different,it doesn't require financial proof.As a petitioner/sponsor,your level of education (high school and above) proves ability to work and earn a living.However on the Non-immigrant, you were required to shows financial and economic tie (back at home) which will make you come back after your (TEMPORAL STAY) in the USA. I guess..

DV Lottery(PERMANENT STAY) is totally different,it doesn't require financial proof.As a petitioner/sponsor,your level of education (high school and above) proves ability to work and earn a living.However on the Non-immigrant, you were required to shows financial and economic tie (back at home) which will make you come back after your (TEMPORAL STAY) in the USA. I guess..

Not quite true. There is a requirement for the CO to consider whether the candidate will become a public charge. That is not always discussed and some embassies almost always require financial proof, whilst others almost never require financial proof. But "almost" is a word that will catch some people out... So it is better to be aware and plan accordingly.

1 yes it seems they are taking longer to process the new forms - longer than 6 weeks, at least at the beginning of the year.

2. That won't affect your application for the DV.

Not quite true. There is a requirement for the CO to consider whether the candidate will become a public charge. That is not always discussed and some embassies almost always require financial proof, whilst others almost never require financial proof. But "almost" is a word that will catch some people out... So it is better to be aware and plan accordingly.

Absolutely right! I was about to respond to that misinformation when I noticed you had already dealt with this.

Absolutely right! I was about to respond to that misinformation when I noticed you had already dealt with this.
Good to note that,can you answer the same Ques based on Nairobi US Embassy?would they require proof

I thought he wanted to know whether the parameters set for Financial proof during his Non Immigrants VISA denial are the same that could be used during his DV Immigrants and more so basing on his specific case.Assume you are the CO who denied him earlier would you ask him the common question of "what has changed since the time you were here"?kindly advice

I
1 yes it seems they are taking longer to process the new forms - longer than 6 weeks, at least at the beginning of the year.

2. That won't affect your application for the DV.
I have always wondered the meaning of the phrase " WON'T AFFECT " It sound to me very simple and soonest but in reality it's the opposite.

I thought he wanted to know whether the parameters set for Financial proof during his Non Immigrants VISA denial are the same that could be used during his DV Immigrants and more so basing on his specific case.Assume you are the CO who denied him earlier would you ask him the common question of "what has changed since the time you were here"?kindly advice

You are confusing two things.

A non immigrant has to demonstrate they have ties to their home country and that might include financial ties such as a job, or a home they own etc. They might also be asked to show they can afford to pay for themselves whilst in the USA, but that is more a border check thing.

An immigrant (ANY immigration case) has to address the applicants ability to support themselves in the USA. For Employment based (EB) cases, the job covers that. For Family based (FB) , someone has to fill out an I864. For DV based applicants (where there is no third party "sponsor" as there is in EB/FB cases) the applicant is supposed to demonstrate their own ability to support themselves, and that is sometimes done by financial statements, or I134.

Good to note that,can you answer the same Ques based on Nairobi US Embassy?would they require proof

The Nairobi embassy may not routinely ask selectees for financial proof, it however does not mean the CO cannot ask for it or that all DV applicants interviewing in Nairobi should not prepare to show financial proof as a back up plan. The DV instructions Manual clearly addresses this issue:

37. If I receive a visa through the DV program, will the U.S. government pay for my airfare to the
United States, help me find housing and employment, and/or provide healthcare or any subsidies
until I am fully settled?

No. The U.S. government will not provide any of these services to you if you receive a visa through the DV
program. If you are selected to apply for a DV, you will be required to provide evidence that you will not
become a public charge in the United States before being issued a visa.
This evidence may be in the form of a
combination of your personal assets, an Affidavit of Support (Form I-134) submitted by a relative or friend
residing in the United States, an offer of employment from an employer in the United States, or other
evidence.

http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/DV-2015-Instructions-Translations/DV_2015_Instructions.pdf

I

I have always wondered the meaning of the phrase " WON'T AFFECT " It sound to me very simple and soonest but in reality it's the opposite.

It means will have no impact, will no change the outcome. In other words the denial of the previous temp visa is not important.

In addition to what Simon said, when a NIV application is denied because the applicant hasn't demonstrated a strong economic or financial ties to his/her home country, the CO is basically saying "sorry we can't approve your petition because it doesn't seem to me like you plan on coming back to your home country". The denial is not necessarily because the applicant does not a a strong financial proof. And the argument cannot be applied to an IV because clearly the applicant is interested in leaving the country and not coming back. These situations are completely different.

You are confusing two things.

A non immigrant has to demonstrate they have ties to their home country and that might include financial ties such as a job, or a home they own etc. They might also be asked to show they can afford to pay for themselves whilst in the USA, but that is more a border check thing.

An immigrant (ANY immigration case) has to address the applicants ability to support themselves in the USA. For Employment based (EB) cases, the job covers that. For Family based (FB) , someone has to fill out an I864. For DV based applicants (where there is no third party "sponsor" as there is in EB/FB cases) the applicant is supposed to demonstrate their own ability to support themselves, and that is sometimes done by financial statements, or I134.
My question then is ,why do certain Embassies apply it (to specific countries),yet the same immigrants would be equal with the rest once in the USA.Nairobi never ask for it...