• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

The CRADLE of Humankind.....

Enough of all these senseless postings please! This thread has been littered enough with non Ethiopian DV related postings.

This is the only warning I will issue before embarking on mass deletes!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxOh no xxxxxxxxx means Thanks.
Noe back to business, let me still ask the same question: Is there any one in this forum who received 2NL for October interview so far? We are now @29August.
Am equally waiting for the answer as it will give us another line of thought,Susie,Britsimon & Euro2014 whats your analysis so far

Hi guys, this room is deserted since more than a day and is now chilling. I was away from connection for a day and when I comeback today, I was expecting more bombarding than I got. I should do the following to bring that water/bullet proof humor and all the birds that flock together back in this room. Personally, I spent most of my professional life in international and a multicultural environment that teaches me a lot about such things. Similarly, we (Ethiopians) like humor as it is part of the traditional communal living in countryside. The big picture here is, I have no objection to making humors. The only thing I am against is when humors are made at the expense of the pride/dignity of others. That was what I felt at the time and that is why I blamed my friend Britsmon and therefore now: “Britsimon, I am sorry for misunderstanding you, genuinely speaking, I had no intention to hurt you or anyone else but I tried to express my feeling at that particular time. I must be wrong for understanding it that way. I’m sure you would have reacted more than I did had you been in my place”. BTW, I thought Simon was a “gust” but letter on I understood that he is a “family” here and that makes everything clear to me and helped me to think of an apology on the matter.
You all have been resourceful and such supportive guys, but kindly please do not gang up like you have done against a poor guy like me who is in this forum as a guest to get some useful information (I just read some unpleasant words on your post to which I decided not to respond). Rather, as families of the forum, it would have been better to try to cool down any such dispute. Let peace prevail on earth and in our universe for all human being!
ሰላም means peace!!
I’m still waiting for any news about this long awaited 2NL?

Hi guys, this room is deserted since more than a day and is now chilling. I was away from connection for a day and when I comeback today, I was expecting more bombarding than I got. I should do the following to bring that water/bullet proof humor and all the birds that flock together back in this room. Personally, I spent most of my professional life in international and a multicultural environment that teaches me a lot about such things. Similarly, we (Ethiopians) like humor as it is part of the traditional communal living in countryside. The big picture here is, I have no objection to making humors. The only thing I am against is when humors are made at the expense of the pride/dignity of others. That was what I felt at the time and that is why I blamed my friend Britsmon and therefore now: “Britsimon, I am sorry for misunderstanding you, genuinely speaking, I had no intention to hurt you or anyone else but I tried to express my feeling at that particular time. I must be wrong for understanding it that way. I’m sure you would have reacted more than I did had you been in my place”. BTW, I thought Simon was a “gust” but letter on I understood that he is a “family” here and that makes everything clear to me and helped me to think of an apology on the matter.
You all have been resourceful and such supportive guys, but kindly please do not gang up like you have done against a poor guy like me who is in this forum as a guest to get some useful information (I just read some unpleasant words on your post to which I decided not to respond). Rather, as families of the forum, it would have been better to try to cool down any such dispute. Let peace prevail on earth and in our universe for all human being!
ሰላም means peace!!
I’m still waiting for any news about this long awaited 2NL?
Which Simon are you talking about? Am from Kenya with equal privileges as you of being a forum mate and an ordinary member.I understand the guys(family as you call them)They have the mandate to moderate and set things straight,but if you PRESS THE WRONG BUTTON: by poking your nose in reprimanding them,They will press the other BUTTON which might not be desirable to you.The good thing is that they dont't take anything personal and are quick to accept your apology.Please move on,the journey is long...Take my advice No one can give a clear and perfect answer on the NEW DS 260 process since there is NO PAST reference to it.Only assumption are given-One being the KCC could have been overwhelmed,secondly and for Ethiopia case is that probably some guys in your country have their 2NL but decided to be mute.Only 2 weeks remains for the 2nd batch of 2NL.. lets wait and see.

Am glad to see all those answers for my question , thanks so much all of you :D

i am feeling pretty down about the disputes which arise from my unconscious request ,

but people please lets have peace in our mind peace in our soul and peace in our words

post what you feel is right and leave the seclction for the one whom it concern , NO CONFLICT , NO BAD WORDS , .....

P: EOPLE UNITED AROUND THE WORLD
E: ND ALL THE CONFLICTS
A: LL HUMAN KIND HELPING EACH OTHER
C: OUNTRIES SHAKING HANDS
E:VERY ONE LIVING IN HARMONY

ONE LOVE , WE WILL KEEP THESE FORUM ACTIVE TILL THE END

CHEERS

Am glad to see all those answers for my question , thanks so much all of you :D

i am feeling pretty down about the disputes which arise from my unconscious request ,

but people please lets have peace in our mind peace in our soul and peace in our words

post what you feel is right and leave the seclction for the one whom it concern , NO CONFLICT , NO BAD WORDS , .....

P: EOPLE UNITED AROUND THE WORLD
E: ND ALL THE CONFLICTS
A: LL HUMAN KIND HELPING EACH OTHER
C: OUNTRIES SHAKING HANDS
E:VERY ONE LIVING IN HARMONY

ONE LOVE , WE WILL KEEP THESE FORUM ACTIVE TILL THE END

CHEERS
Sure,and that's why its called Diversity,we all come from different regions,continents.Since I was born I have NEVER had an opportunity to interact with such awesome creation of God.I have in that short space of time learn t a lot about people and Culture,people and religion,Regions and their patten of Social life. Personally I have learn t how to be more Humble,Appreciate others,Apologize where I have hurt others.For sure, I take everything in this forum positive and by the time I will be Inactive here I will be having alot to tell about Diversity and the Beauty of God's creation.Amen..

Please is zer any ethiopian who have received 2NL.
The big silence indicates NO one has received or those that have received have decided to stealthy pursue their VISA.Lets wait the 15th of Sept for direction..

The big silence indicates NO one has received or those that have received have decided to stealthy pursue their VISA.Lets wait the 15th of Sept for direction..

You really should not make such bold statements. There were just under 5000 selectees from Ethiopia in DV2015. How many of them are on the forum? Maybe 10, 15?

w
You really should not make such bold statements. There were just under 5000 selectees from Ethiopia in DV2015. How many of them are on the forum? Maybe 10, 15?
You misquoted me Susie,I think article "or" makes the difference in my statement regardless of the number.

Ok Simon. 4975 people not being on the forum counts as "stealthy". Right.
Precise Susie,am not good at arithmetic,but I thought the number(5000) is spread over the entire fiscal year-say 5000/12 and you get 416 for each month and may be in October out of the 416 majority never secured their passport due to the difficulties mentioned in an earlier post.So when talking of stealthy I am talking of a number not more than 5.In Kenya we have people who received their 2nl and are not willing to join the forum,the same may happen.

Precise Susie,am not good at arithmetic,but I thought the number(5000) is spread over the entire fiscal year-say 5000/12 and you get 416 for each month and may be in October out of the 416 majority never secured their passport due to the difficulties mentioned in an earlier post.So when talking of stealthy I am talking of a number not more than 5.In Kenya we have people who received their 2nl and are not willing to join the forum,the same may happen.

Precisely what Susie is telling you is to stop making generalize statements which you're found of and I agree with her. Of the roughly 5000 Ethiopian selectees, less than 50 are registered in this forum regardless of how high or low their CNs are. You could have clarified your response by saying something such as "the big silence indicates no one in this forum ..."

Precisely what Susie is telling you is to stop making generalize statements which you're found of and I agree with her. Of the roughly 5000 Ethiopian selectees, less than 50 are registered in this forum regardless of how high or low their CNs are. You could have clarified your response by saying something such as "the big silence indicates no one in this forum ..."

And the reason I do it is precisely because it is misleading. For example we have seen people here emphatically state no-one at X consulate ever gets asked for financial proof. But based on this tiny sample. When it is entirely possible that hundreds of people a year do actually get asked that, they are just not the people who post here.Then someone who has taken this literally gets put on AP because they didn't bring any financial proof....

Anyway, I also can't be bothered arguing with someone who uses nonsense arguments to back his right to say stuff. Hopefully other people can see how bad the excuses are.

And the reason I do it is precisely because it is misleading. For example we have seen people here emphatically state no-one at X consulate ever gets asked for financial proof. But based on this tiny sample. When it is entirely possible that hundreds of people a year do actually get asked that, they are just not the people who post here.Then someone who has taken this literally gets put on AP because they didn't bring any financial proof....

Anyway, I also can't be bothered arguing with someone who uses nonsense arguments to back his right to say stuff. Hopefully other people can see how bad the excuses are.
Susie and Britsimon,I was just referring my Numbers to this previous post by RIKI1XXX and I quote it "Britsimon please clarify why it is unlikely? Visa bulletin for Ethiopia shows 7000 for October but, so far, there is no single person in this forum or among the people I try to reach in Addis including those Internet cafes serving DV lottery winners who received 2NL. That means all the 7000 2NL are yet to come before October somehow or am I missing something about the meaning of Visa bulletin?"It has Nothing to do with MrX.Susie,please don't use harsh words for a post,remember all those in this forum knows me as a mere member leave alone a well known member and even the moderators have emphatically said that and I quote "
IMPORTANT NOTE: I am a Volunteer Moderator - one of you. The information and assistance I provide is not for any profit motive. I am just trying to help to the best of my knowledge, information and belief. If you rely upon any advice or information I give or any actions I take in the community forums, you do so at your own risk. I am not a lawyer. So act accordingly."my OPINION SHOULD IN NO WAY MISLEAD A PERSON.

Susie and Britsimon,I was just referring my Numbers to this previous post by RIKI1XXX and I quote it "Britsimon please clarify why it is unlikely? Visa bulletin for Ethiopia shows 7000 for October but, so far, there is no single person in this forum or among the people I try to reach in Addis including those Internet cafes serving DV lottery winners who received 2NL. That means all the 7000 2NL are yet to come before October somehow or am I missing something about the meaning of Visa bulletin?"It has Nothing to do with MrX.Susie,please don't use harsh words for a post,remember all those in this forum knows me as a mere member leave alone a well known member and even the moderators have emphatically said that and I quote "
IMPORTANT NOTE: I am a Volunteer Moderator - one of you. The information and assistance I provide is not for any profit motive. I am just trying to help to the best of my knowledge, information and belief. If you rely upon any advice or information I give or any actions I take in the community forums, you do so at your own risk. I am not a lawyer. So act accordingly."my OPINION SHOULD IN NO WAY MISLEAD A PERSON.

Why is this post addressed to me?