• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

In addition to what Simon said, when a NIV application is denied because the applicant hasn't demonstrated a strong economic or financial ties to his/her home country, the CO is basically saying "sorry we can't approve your petition because it doesn't seem to me like you plan on coming back to your home country". The denial is not necessarily because the applicant does not a a strong financial proof. And the argument cannot be applied to an IV because clearly the applicant is interested in leaving the country and not coming back. These situations are completely different.
Very very correct,"it doesn't seem to me like you plan on coming back to your home country"

Are you sure they NEVER ask for it????
Absolutely sure and I wish those who have completed the process to confirm.I have always asked the question the interviewees are asked including one who went through today and have never come across one on finances.

Absolutely sure and I wish those who have completed the process to confirm.I have always asked the question the interviewees are asked including one who went through today and have never come across one on finances.

So you can be "absolutely sure" based on asking a handful of people. Wow.

I have a business deal I should talk to you about. I am "absolutely sure" you will make money from it....

So when they say UNLOCKING wont affect your case being current,what exactly do they mean:Kindly base your answer on this -I the principal filled and submitted my DS on May 19th 2014,due to passport issuance delay for my family members I submitted theirs on 11th July 2014, but on June 16th 2014 I requested for Unlocking since I had said i cant speak any other language other than my native.After several emails they UNLOCKED it on 21st August 2014,made the changes and resubmitted the same day.I again emailed them requesting to know whether I should expect the 2NL the same August and whether the UNLOCKING disrupted the processing.The email they sent me said "it won't affect"however, days before Unlocking I had inquired of whether I should still be expecting my 2NL and whether My request for Unlocking will affect.The lady on the phone told me the form cannot be Unlocked since its already current.3 days later and they Unlocked.What transpired here what the meaning of the word "wont affect" sorry for the long history.2015af000004**

I am sorry - although I am British, I am not responsible for the implementation and usage of the British language around the world - in fact I can barely get a glass of water in a restaurant around here....

:oops:

If you look through the threads you will find someone who interviewed at the Paris consulate and didn't bother getting any financial proof or AOS because no-one at Paris ever got asked for it. Would you like to guess what this person got put on AP for?

I wonder if he has come up with something...don't think I've seen any updates on his case since? Britsimon have you seen anything?

If you look through the threads you will find someone who interviewed at the Paris consulate and didn't bother getting any financial proof or AOS because no-one at Paris ever got asked for it. Would you like to guess what this person got put on AP for?

I wonder if he has come up with something...don't think I've seen any updates on his case since? Britsimon have you seen anything?

Yeah I know the one you mean, but no haven't seen an update on that. There are others who were surprised who no doubt were absolutely sure they would not be asked.

I do think there are some countries where the "reality" of the local economic situation means they don't ask for financial documents. If they ask "normal" people for proof of $10,000 per adult they know they may just as well ask people to go an forge a document. Also, the "host" concept in the AF region provides them (the COs) some comfort/wiggle room that is not as normal in some other countries. For example, being British, I could not imagine asking someone outside of my very close family/friends to host me at their expense and so on. That kind of support system seems more usual among our AF members, and the embassies probably rely on that system to some extent to justify how they met the public charge obligation. However, I don't think that is a 100% certainty - so I personally would make absolutely sure I was not going to get caught out.

So you can be "absolutely sure" based on asking a handful of people. Wow.

I have a business deal I should talk to you about. I am "absolutely sure" you will make money from it....
He!!! Heee!!! "Am out" ( Shark tank)
Yeah I know the one you mean, but no haven't seen an update on that. There are others who were surprised who no doubt were absolutely sure they would not be asked.

I do think there are some countries where the "reality" of the local economic situation means they don't ask for financial documents. If they ask "normal" people for proof of $10,000 per adult they know they may just as well ask people to go an forge a document. Also, the "host" concept in the AF region provides them (the COs) some comfort/wiggle room that is not as normal in some other countries. For example, being British, I could not imagine asking someone outside of my very close family/friends to host me at their expense and so on. That kind of support system seems more usual among our AF members, and the embassies probably rely on that system to some extent to justify how they met the public charge obligation. However, I don't think that is a 100% certainty - so I personally would make absolutely sure I was not going to get caught out.
The magical phrase is "That kind of support system seems more usual among our AF members, and the embassies probably rely on that system to some extent to justify how they met the public charge obligation"Africans have a very complex social aspect....Britsimon I am now absolutely sure you have answered my question as per my expectation.Thanks

I won't chance neither test the depth of waters...

I wouldn't want to read his updates.Am content with your answer susie.Thanks alot

I am sorry - although I am British, I am not responsible for the implementation and usage of the British language around the world - in fact I can barely get a glass of water in a restaurant around here....

But the Americans borrowed your language,who will translate it in my native language?.

Oh no Britsmon what happened? you have been a resourceful person in this forum. Is it like there are always two sides to any coin. The rule of the game is "if you can answer you respond, if can not you keep quiet and watch to learn from others response" You are not supposed to answer to all the questions. I am sorry to say but I'm smelling a kind of chauvinism (an old English word) It's simple, just apologies to the guy and that is all. አመሰግናለሁ means Thanks.
Noe back to business, let me still ask the same question: Is there any one in this forum who received 2NL for October interview so far? We are now @29August.

Oh no Britsmon what happened? you have been a resourceful person in this forum. Is it like there are always two sides to any coin. The rule of the game is "if you can answer you respond, if can not you keep quiet and watch to learn from others response" You are not supposed to answer to all the questions. I am sorry to say but I'm smelling a kind of chauvinism (an old English word) It's simple, just apologies to the guy and that is all. አመሰግናለሁ means Thanks.
Noe back to business, let me still ask the same question: Is there any one in this forum who received 2NL for October interview so far? We are now @29August.
In Kenya dv 2015,we only have two :-one for 1st Oct 2014 and 8th Oct 2014.Have sifted through the Ethiopian forum and found None,in Ghana forum we have two...So I really don't know where we are headed.

@Britsimon: Sound proof of British Humor not being equally appreciated around the world, I guess... ;)

Either that, or just a non-native speaker unable to interpret a forum post correctly... Sigh

Or someone who simply failed to appreciate that playful humour helps pass the time around here, and there is no forum rule against having a sense of humour.

Sheesh.

Or someone who simply failed to appreciate that playful humour helps pass the time around here, and there is no forum rule against having a sense of humour. Sheesh.
What is important here is the agreement of ‘Simon’ and brit‘Simon’ on "Don Rickles" style of hummer. In Amharic (Ethiopian language) we call it ‘qinie’ (the Wax and the Gold Verse). For example, if I put this situation in qinie expression, it is like I pushed the “wrong button” (with the Gold and the Wax meaning). Any ways, if you all agree, I'm not from the red planet ... Keep calm and enjoy your pastime with the Eek Susieqqq and the Gentle Euro2014 who are fond of reading your qinie! But, please be encouraged as usual to tell us how the October 2NL turns out vis-à-vis the published September visa bulletin on which I am not (no one for that matter is) clear about.
Psst

I'm not sure I got all that. However, and it may be a polite warning, that if your buttons get pushed by misunderstanding people it will be extra hard from a culture shock perspective to settle somewhere new. Britsimon has already indicated that there are even misunderstandings despite a common language.

"I paid the piper but the tune is different"I want my money back..
Well, nobody around here seems to complain about your personal form of humor - that's called diversity and accepting other cultures. Precisely the attitude the other person did not show to Britsimon.

Last edited: