• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

Hi everybody,

It is really great to hear that everyone's case finally moving forward. I have my interview scheduled for next Monday. I have a few question and appreciate your opinions on them:
1) I can't get my tax transcript from IRS website. It says that my info doesn't match their records. So I filled out and sent the 4506-T form to IRS but it has been nearly two weeks and I haven't received anything yet. So, I found this website: http://www.veri-tax.com/ that claims it requests your transcript for you and emails it to you in 1-2 days for about 20$. Has anyone heard about this before and know whether they can be trusted?!

2) I hadn't got my second Varicella shot when I shipped my AOS package. I had it done a couple of weeks ago. Will my vaccination history that I get from my doctor be enough or do I need to have a civil surgeon confirm it?!

3) What is the KCC number you reach to see if your file has been requested by your FO. What would you exactly ask for when you call the number?

4) I am going to schedule an infopass appointment for preferably a week after my interview just in case things don't go smoothly! Do you think this a good idea? Would it affect my interview or would the interviewer mind?

Thanks for your time and help in advance.
P.S.: @wreck_it_ralph : My FO is Philly too. I let you how my interview goes as soon as I get a chance.

Please do share your interview experience ASAP. Mine's next Thursday. Hearing your story will be invaluable to me! Also, we should get together and celebrate on a Friday evening :)

1) Sorry can't help you with this question. I have printed mine online.
2) Did you submit I-693 with your application package? It has to include the info about your shoots and yes, civil surgeon has to write in it. Check the copy of your I-693 (your civil surgeon should have given you one).
3) Haven't done that yet, don't know if my file has been requested. If I were you, I would wait until Monday to find out. It's not too far away after all.
4) Yes, do it! I scheduled one day after the interview day. No one's going to mind. If things go ok you can cancel it.

HTH, good luck.

Hi, it's me, the late comer to the party :) Please do harass your HR and get a new employment letter. I vividly remember my IO checking the dates on our employment letters. As everybody says, you can't be prepared enough for the interview. Cheers!
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll think about it :)

I hear mom, but I also think giving birth in a strange country with no family support structure and then having all this stress at the same time, I do feel sorry for Andy's wife, it is not an easy thing to do. Andy are you sure she does not have post natal depression? It sounds a bit like that is or may have been an issue. But either way I am sure you will all be fine.

Thank you Susie. Yes, I think she has a little bit postnatal depression.
I hope she won't get worse...
Luckily, I am in my summer break, so I can take care of her and baby.
I hope everything will be fine after our interview.
I feel warm and relaxed sometime here.
really appreciate.

Please do share your interview experience ASAP. Mine's next Thursday. Hearing your story will be invaluable to me! Also, we should get together and celebrate on a Friday evening :)

1) Sorry can't help you with this question. I have printed mine online.
2) Did you submit I-693 with your application package? It has to include the info about your shoots and yes, civil surgeon has to write in it. Check the copy of your I-693 (your civil surgeon should have given you one).
3) Haven't done that yet, don't know if my file has been requested. If I were you, I would wait until Monday to find out. It's not too far away after all.
4) Yes, do it! I scheduled one day after the interview day. No one's going to mind. If things go ok you can cancel it.

HTH, good luck.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts wreck_it_ralph. Yeah, we all owe ourselves a big celebration after all this mess is over and we are "GREEN" :)
I did submit the I-693 form filled out by a civil surgeon. However since the two Varicella shots need to be at least one month apart I was only able to get one of them at the time and had only one check mark for Varicella on the form.

@Sm1smom and @Britsimon : Do you have any comments on the tax transcripts? I am not sure if I can trust the website that I found and I myself am not getting anywhere with IRS either! I do have copies of the tax return forms that I filled out though.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts wreck_it_ralph. Yeah, we all owe ourselves a big celebration after all this mess is over and we are "GREEN" :)
I did submit the I-693 form filled out by a civil surgeon. However since the two Varicella shots need to be at least one month apart I was only able to get one of them at the time and had only one check mark for Varicella on the form.

@Sm1smom and @Britsimon : Do you have any comments on the tax transcripts? I am not sure if I can trust the website that I found and I myself am not getting anywhere with IRS either! I do have copies of the tax return forms that I filled out though.

Take what you have - and make sure you have payslips.

Answer to Mammad
w2 will be good, last pay roll, dont stress about IRS
dont stress about vaccines, u already sent ur doctor report, u can bring to interview any docs and pass it to officer during interview if he/she will ask, but do nothing without officer qs u
kcc number is 606-526-7500, say ur number ur name to a person that answer u, ask how are u doing today, and u need help with info about ur file, the qs u ask is please could u tell me if my file was send to Phille FO, if yes when it was send, thank you and have a great day.
info pass afterr interview is good idea nad wil not affect at any way ur interviewer, they even advise to call or to have info pass if no change in ur status in computer will be shown till next day, so u save here
good luck Mammad

Thank you. I am glad to hear that the little mistake that you had in your I-485 form did not cause any problem and your interview went well. BTW, has there been any changes in the online status of your case since the interview?

Don't stress yourself if you can't get the IRS transcripts. And don't even give the website that wants to charge you $20 to retrieve this a second thought. Take the tax returns you have with you and every other thing you submitted and anything else you can think of that can be of help to your case. At the end of the day, the IO may not even request to see any tax document.

Mom quick question for you, have you ever heard of a case which got rejected during the AOS interview ?

I lost the zen and thinking of all things that could possibly go wrong...

Mom quick question for you, have you ever heard of a case which got rejected during the AOS interview ?

Very very rare for DV-based cases to be denied, although a few have been. And those were cases with status related or some other glaring issues, which I already had doubts about when I heard about them and I had told them of my doubts.

As far as I can tell from your case (based on what I know so far about it) I see no reason for a denial. So banish those negative thoughts from your mind.

Thank you. I am glad to hear that the little mistake that you had in your I-485 form did not cause any problem and your interview went well. BTW, has there been any changes in the online status of your case since the interview?
the same day I got change on line card production, after couple of hours switched to Decision with info that I have permanents status and Notice letter sent to my address.

I think before interview everything already suppose to be clear if Officer educated about DV cases, KCC file suppose to be requested, every doc suppose to be required before an interview, but if u can see from ppl reports some FO does not have clue about DV cases and did not request files and after interview it can take time and as results delay with decision. Hope ppl try to call KCC before interview and ask if everything done, and if not to go to info pass and ask to request docs from KCC. that how it is working.

as per my understanding two main request supposed to be done before USCIS can make decision one is payment 330$, second one cut off number, as well high school education and so on. But these two are the major.

Hi Urbanite. I know it is hard to remain calm in this final phase, but knowing your posts and remembering how thorough and detailed your paperwork preparation was, I am sure you are going to be just fine! Plus, as I recall, you are also an H1B holder which, I feel, helps simplicity and straightforwardness of the interview process.
Great job with securing your interview date! Bring originals/supporting documents, and your confidence and you will do great :) !

Almost there, good luck!!!

Hi everyone,
We are finally green. Today, we received our GC. I was not expecting it that fast because it was sent from Kentucky just yesterday.
I want to thank mom and simon for thier invaluable advice and suggestions. You guys are the best. You dedicated so much time helping other people. I reaally appreciate that.
Simon and kukiLaska, I wish you best of luck. My fingers are crossed for you.
Also, good luck for everyone going through the process.

Thank you all,
I am so happy for You!!! And so stressed out for us ;( I just called KCC again Today and USCIS did not request the file yet... If this is same FO and IO what is going on?! ;'(((( I will call again Friday and Monday we will go to USCIS check what is going on... Ehhhh

I am so happy for You!!! And so stressed out for us ;( I just called KCC again Today and USCIS did not request the file yet... If this is same FO and IO what is going on?! ;'(((( I will call again Friday and Monday we will go to USCIS check what is going on... Ehhhh

WOW. Just wow.

Just to share my experience - my case number became current in the August bulletin, so I applied in June (using attorney). About two weeks later got a BIO letter and did a successful walk-in early July.
Had my interview on July 21st, seemed to go fine and the interviewing officer said she sees no problems with my case but will need to request my file from KCC and review everything after August 1st.
No movement on my case after the interview, called KCC last week, they confirmed that my case has been requested and sent on July 31st.
Attorney said she saw the officer last week and that the officer said my case is being processed.

Just to share my experience - my case number became current in the August bulletin, so I applied in June (using attorney). About two weeks later got a BIO letter and did a successful walk-in early July.
Had my interview on July 21st, seemed to go fine and the interviewing officer said she sees no problems with my case but will need to request my file from KCC and review everything after August 1st.
No movement on my case after the interview, called KCC last week, they confirmed that my case has been requested and sent on July 31st.
Attorney said she saw the officer last week and that the officer said my case is being processed.

I think you should do a fast infopass. Take everything you have and do a walk in and kindly ask why your case hasn't moved. If that doesn't change anything, then you can reach out to your congress person. Just be kind to them and articulate well your concern. Keep us posted.

Interesting that you had your interview before you were even current. What Field Office are you working through?