• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

Recently,In fact 5 days ago ,abill was passed in Kenya parliament where all men who sire children outside marriage will be obligated to take care of their needs.regardless of whether you are married and this can be a loophole in ADVERSING PERSONAL INTERSTS

Well, that's great that Kenya has caught up to what has been law in many countries for years. But this is a law that is a obligation for the father - to support his child - not a right for him to piggyback on anything good the mother has managed to do for herself. It still has no bearing on the case.

Well, that's great that Kenya has caught up to what has been law in many countries for years. But this is a law that is a obligation for the father - to support his child - not a right for him to piggyback on anything good the mother has managed to do for herself. It still has no bearing on the case.
Superb comment,any new law has different interpretation unless a precedence is set.But I wish they borrow your comment and set it as precedence in future judgements.

Thats why at first posed a question before making my comment of what she indicated as her status during the initial application. Now the question she asked and I stand to be corrected is that "should I request her consent?"my question to her would be,the baby's dad has been visiting her residence and how sure is she to know whether he makes deliberately triggers a conversation that proves their relationship and may be he secretly records such talks for future defense.The lady is worried that the dad might bring some complications.i STAND TO BE ADVISED TOO

Sheesh dude. What complications? Unless there is a legal document he can produce showing he is married to the mother he can't do anything. So what if he records a conversation in which he says he pays for the child? It means nothing to anyone except you... It certainly means nothing to anyone at the US consulate.

Last edited:
No wonder we get posts from Kenyans every so often about how different the US is when it comes to how men treat women...

Get me right,A case number 2014 afxxxx I know goes like this ,a man sired a child (x) and they never got married.after 2 years the lady dumped the 2 years old baby in the mans compound and ran away.The baby(x) now turning 15 yrs has a one month difference in age with her step sister.During the interview which took place in Early January 2014,the child was asked about her mother and she stated that she only knows and lived with her step mother since she was 2 years,now after the interview and congrats from the CO but before the printing of the VISA ,the real mother sent a letter to the Embassy claiming the girl and this automatically put them on administrative.Since Feb 2014,the case got resolved in July 2014 and the VISA was finally granted after the parties agreeing about the child through a court process.The case might not be similar but to me it might pose some challenges if taken casually.

Get me right,A case number 2014 afxxxx I know goes like this ,a man sired a child (x) and they never got married.after a 2 years the lady dumped the 2 years old baby in the mans compound and ran away.The baby(x) now turning 15 yrs has a one month difference in age with her step sister.During the interview which took place in Early January 2014,the child was asked about her mother and she stated she stated she has lived with her step mother for all the time,now after the interview and congrats from the CO but before the printing of the VISA ,the real mother sent a letter to the Embassy claiming the girl and this automatically put them on administrative.Since the Feb 2014,the case got resolved in July and the VISA was finally granted after the parties agreeing about the child through a court process.The case might not be similar but to me it might pose some challenges if taken casually.

Well presumably the mother's name is on the birth certificate :rolleyes: so it is pretty easy to make a custody claim... If the father's name is not on it there is not much he can do...
And in any case you are adding two and two and coming up with fifteen. Nowhere has it been indicated the father is trying to cause trouble. If he was presumably she would have asked us for advice on that. I think you've been watching too many soap operas/nollywood movies.

How do I emigrate to Kenya?
We are catching up and we don't have to reason the same.Comment on this,why did the US take that long to acknowledge gay rights and allow them (in dv 2015) to process the DV lottery.Why did they take long to accept HIV Infected people the right to process IV.I think Democracy and Human rights should be a process that should not be rushed and that's why some countries are yet to enact their laws to accept such practices.Any way you are most welcome here in Kenya.

Well presumably the mother's name is on the birth certificate :rolleyes: so it is pretty easy to make a custody claim... If the father's name is not on it there is not much he can do...
And in any case you are adding two and two and coming up with fifteen. Nowhere has it been indicated the father is trying to cause trouble. If he was presumably she would have asked us for advice on that. I think you've been watching too many soap operas/nollywood movies.
Where does Nollywood comes in,This a serious matter not comedy and in any case your comment is personal yet the forum is public.Am neither good nor masted such ridiculous comments.I have read your beautiful comments and I at first thought somebody must have hacked or hijacked your account to post such comment.

Where does Nollywood comes in,This a serious matter not comedy and in any case your comment is personal yet the forum is public.Am neither good nor masted such ridiculous comments.I have read your beautiful comments and I at first thought somebody must have hacked or hijacked your account to post such comment.

Ok sorry if I offended you...what I was trying to say was you are coming up with all sorts of stories and scenarios ...but it's all conjecture. Like a script for a movie. The poster gave absolutely no indication that any of this is an issue. You yourself said you were reading between the lines to come up with all this...
...and then I guess I got irritated with myself realising I was wasting time debating about something that is not even happening!!

Come to SA ! The president has 5 wives, so you can get same amount lol :D

Ps: sussie I was just making a joke :p
Come to SA ! The president has 5 wives, so you can get same amount lol :D

Ps: sussie I was just making a joke :p
The Joke went too far although I got your message very clear,perfect and correctly,I have no hard feelings on that.Sometimes it would be hard to read the mind of some people unless you have lived with them for a long period of time.My comment was based on the initial question and if the lady would be very candid and sincere,I bet I know what she actually meant.Remember, or let me teach you about the African (kenya) society culture and tradition,regardless of what the supreme law says,sometimes tradition takes precedence.We have over 42 tribes in kenya .some believe children belong to men and some believe they belong to the women and during separation,the supreme law( the constitution) will always inquire and try to accommodate traditional mechanism of solving things as long as they don't infringe on personal rights.So my answer was based simply on the understanding of Kenya culture and at times the courts would advice people to resolve their Issues through the village elders.

The Joke went too far although I got your message very clear,perfect and correctly,I have no hard feelings on that.Sometimes it would be hard to read the mind of some people unless you have lived with them for a long period of time.My comment was based on the initial question and if the lady would be very candid and sincere,I bet I know what she actually meant.Remember, or let me teach you about the African (kenya) society culture and tradition,regardless of what the supreme law says,sometimes tradition takes precedence.We have over 42 tribes in kenya .some believe children belong to men and some believe they belong to the women and during separation,the supreme law( the constitution) will always inquire and try to accommodate traditional mechanism of solving things as long as they don't infringe on personal rights.So my answer was based simply on the understanding of Kenya culture and at times the courts would advice people to resolve their Issues through the village elders.

But the US consulate does not base things on customary law but on actual legal documents.

But the US consulate does not base things on customary law but on actual legal documents.
Had the Lady known the US consulate law,she would not have asked.In her heart she know she is obligated by the Tradition and that's why there is a culture shock ones African Men land in the US and Liberty may be to the African Ladies.Its called Diversity and westernization.

Ok sorry if I offended you...what I was trying to say was you are coming up with all sorts of stories and scenarios ...but it's all conjecture. Like a script for a movie. The poster gave absolutely no indication that any of this is an issue. You yourself said you were reading between the lines to come up with all this...
...and then I guess I got irritated with myself realising I was wasting time debating about something that is not even happening!!
SusieQQQ any comment that is posted,the poster will never ever (100%) reveal what he/she is up-to,I my selves would not.Don't expect the lady to say she is warming up for the re-union with the X,which am sure is the case.That's why I didn't bit about the bush.

It's very strange that trying to ensure she doesn't need to mention the father is the way she prepares for a reunion with him... to me it sounds more like she wants to ensure she can escape him.

However if you will insist on coming up with fanciful conjectures based on nothing I reserve the right to accuse you of watching too many movies ;)