• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

I would like also know if refugee status scan have negative impact in the process because we are having refugee status here in south Sudan , do we need to explain it during the interview ?

And how do we know that they have receive our application, Is it only the confirmation page that show that they have receive?
I would like also to know if we need police record from home plus the one of sout sudan?

I don't know about refugee status but I don't think it will be a problem, unless it means you are unable to show that you won't be a public charge in the US. But it seems to me that African consulates north of South Africa almost never ask for proof of finances.

About the police certificates, please make sure you have read all the instructions on the dvselectee site (link from the winning letter) including the links to the "reciprocity by country" pages which will explain where you can and can't get police certificates from. This is better than us answering you question by question because there may be something important on the site that you do not think to ask a question about.

So, no need to correct ds 260 form ?just go to embassay n will they correct it? But second marriage will be very genuine after getting visa comming back to marry but for my new wife i have to fill i -130 form n to get visa for wife how long time will i hav e to wait i heard it will take upto 2 years.is that much time taken ?
I been checking your posts, and I ended up with this conclusion:
You always had a lover, and now that you got selected, you decided to get rid of your wife to marry your secret lover.
I don't judge you, but I feel sorry for your current wife.
And she gave you a son.
Good luck

Hi viladek, i am not giving divorce with her she wants divorce with me but i am not allowing i donot know what she will do ?better not to do anything going to embassy alone n tell to co that i will go n settle then i will fill i130 form for them may be she will change her mind latter i will do such a way. Is it good

You seem completely indifferent as to who the woman is as long as you have a wife. :confused:
I don't want to be judgmental about this, and I don't know where you are from and the culture there, but it's probably fair to warn you that attitudes to women and the laws protecting them in the US may be very different to where you come from. (For example a woman will not be unable to get a divorce just because her husband "won't allow it" in the US.) You should make sure you're aware of the laws and customs in the US when you move.

Hi viladek, i am not giving divorce with her she wants divorce with me but i am not allowing i donot know what she will do ?better not to do anything going to embassy alone n tell to co that i will go n settle then i will fill i130 form for them may be she will change her mind latter i will do such a way. Is it good
You have to attend the interview with all the existing familly members. Otherwise you will be denied. Unless if the divorce is finalized in between.

I feel divorce is not good for both of us.if we get divorce mainly it will effect our son.thats why i donot give her divorce but i donot know what she will do latter in my country,she can file divorce case as well but she is also a wife with one son.if she files divorce case it is not good for her in our society n it will take long time to settle down but if we go for mutual undersranding it will solve immidiately.

You can face interview alone as well if you are a principle applicant.but they are encourage you for convinience.you can see in usa official website

In my case, i can go to face interview alone .is it ok? I understood like that becsuse my wife n son donot want to go usa with me.

In my case, i can go to face interview alone .is it ok? I understood like that becsuse my wife n son donot want to go usa with me.
If ytou listed them on your form, and you said they will go with you to the usa, you will be in trouble, if they don't go with you to the interview.
No that's not true. Only the family members who want visas have to be there.
I was reffering to his specific case.

I filled in ds-260 that they will follow to join me latter date.in that case, i have to attend the interview myself only.so, when i go usa after settle down there n i will apply i-130 petition form for them if they wish to come to usa.

I filled in ds-260 that they will follow to join me latter date.in that case, i have to attend the interview myself only.so, when i go usa after settle down there n i will apply i-130 petition form for them if they wish to come to usa.
Follow to join, is a very tricky option, its usually used for people that are already in USA to adjust their status.
And even so you indicated that they also want the visa to join you later.
I will let @som1smom, to give you a way better opinion than mine on your case.

If ytou listed them on your form, and you said they will go with you to the usa, you will be in trouble, if they don't go with you to the interview.

I was reffering to his specific case.

I don't agree with you. I do not believe his case will be denied because they are not there. They will ask him why they aren't there, he will say they don't want visas and that they may apply later for them , and that will be that.

"
Who Must Attend the Interivew?
You, your spouse, and any qualified unmarried children immigrating with you must participate in the interview. If your spouse and/or qualified unmarried children will immigrate at a later date and travel separately from you, they are not required to participate in your interview. "

"I would like my spouse and/or children to follow me to the United States after I immigrate. Can they do that? - Yes, but remember that all diversity visas for a fiscal year must be issued by September 30. Available visas for some countries and regions may be used up prior to that date. If your spouse and children delay obtaining their visas, they may lose their opportunity to immigrate on the basis of their DV applications. If this happens, you will need to file a petition to bring your family to the United States at a later date. If they do not obtain diversity visas prior to September 30, your spouse and/or children may have to wait several years to join you."

http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...-visa/interview/visa-applicant-interview.html

There is nothing, anywhere, that says derivatives must attend an interview just because they have been listed on the form. And people have reported cases of exactly this happening and no problem with the interview.

Thank you susie, i have made conclusion that if my wife would not give me divorce than i shall attend the interview myself only because they will follow to join me latter date which i have filled in ds 260. N if they wish to come then they will arrange interview otherwise i will latter filled i130 for them if they wish to come but if she gives me divorce then again i will attend the interview myself only because i made up mind that i will not marry after getting divorce immidiately it looks suspicious in my case.

Hello again, Britsimon, Susie,....Here is another headache

I had a dispute with someone about the deal we made, and we were not able to settle it.The deal involved huge amount of money that he claimed I owed him, but bcoz that was a friendly agreement none can sue another, as a result the guy detained my passport, but I abandoned the case since the passport was expired. I possess another passport which is valid.
The consulate I chose to be interviewed asks applicants to bring all current and expired passports.

1. Why do they need former passports? Is this relevant for those who never traveled to the USA?

2.Why rules differ from embassy to another, I think many embassies do not ask expired passports

3.Should I tell the truth during my interview that my old passport is detained by someone? If they ask me to bring it and I am sure the guy can not give it to me unless I give him huge money that I can not find? Could this lead to refusal?

4.If I tell the CO that I lost or misplaced the old passport( Of course that will be a lie) What impact should be there, Can them inquire on this?

5.Considering my case, What advice could you give on this passport issue.

Jah bless....

1. Don't stay anywhere out of status.
2. Ask them to unlock, if they do it quickly it shouldn't delay your case at all. If it is a minor issue don't bother....
3. There is not a hard rule on that. try and make it less than 6 months.
4. Police certs do sometimes have an expiry. Again, within 6 months should be ok.
5. Things like being from or travelling to certain countries, being from or providing documents from countries with lots of fake document issues. Being found to be out of status in a foreign country would do it!
Really appreciate. Excellent Advice.Be blessed

Hi everyone
The visa bulletin had revealed last week .. and my interview should be in October..
but,i didnt receive an email with 2NL .., and my entrant status check page doesnt change..
My question : How much time i need to wait for the second letter to start worry aboout ??
OR ..not all applicant who submitted DS260 are called for the interview??
THX

Hello again, Britsimon, Susie,....Here is another headache

I had a dispute with someone about the deal we made, and we were not able to settle it.The deal involved huge amount of money that he claimed I owed him, but bcoz that was a friendly agreement none can sue another, as a result the guy detained my passport, but I abandoned the case since the passport was expired. I possess another passport which is valid.
The consulate I chose to be interviewed asks applicants to bring all current and expired passports.

1. Why do they need former passports? Is this relevant for those who never traveled to the USA?

2.Why rules differ from embassy to another, I think many embassies do not ask expired passports

3.Should I tell the truth during my interview that my old passport is detained by someone? If they ask me to bring it and I am sure the guy can not give it to me unless I give him huge money that I can not find? Could this lead to refusal?

4.If I tell the CO that I lost or misplaced the old passport( Of course that will be a lie) What impact should be there, Can them inquire on this?

5.Considering my case, What advice could you give on this passport issue.

Jah bless....

IF they ask for the old passport, just tell them you don't have it anymore. Which is not a lie. I don't think this should have any impact on your case.