• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

You can do exactly that, yes. The general advice is that the first trip home (to clear up loose ends) should last no longer than 12 months. If you were to do that often you would sooner or later be challenged to prove that you were "living" in the USA.
thanks Britsimon,
thanks a lot
:)

1. They sometimes ask for expired passports to look at your travel history.
2. Different embassies, different customs, different problems, different solutions.
3. No it should not lead to a refusal although it might increase your chances of AP if they suspected you were tying to hide something.
4. It isn't a huge problem - as Susie says, just say you don't have it.
5. Advice? Be very careful with whom and how you do business. It isn't "normal" to hold someone elses passport - but the fact that you gave your passport away could be seen as evidence that you do have some obligation to this person. So - I would never have given anyone my passport, but perhaps customs are different where you live. IF someone was holding my passport I would either get it back myself or call the police. Someone holding your passport is probably breaking a law by doing so. However, again - things may be done differently where you live...

Britsimon, Susie, Your help is wonderful... I now understand, I will stand firm and say that I do not have old passport anymore.
Of course we discover our old mistakes when such opportunities come.

My CN is around AF16k,
I still have some confusions in filling my DS 260, which I have to be very cautious and Iwant to reopen it,
If it goes current in December may be, Can you advise me exactly which time limit I will have to resubmit it i order to avoid delays in interview scheduling?
I do not want to rush filling it.

hey, my CN is AF 11*** and i made a mistake on z initial entry form. I put my date of year in local calender,1981 instead of 1988 but correct it in the DS 260 FORM. I also emailed KCC describing the mistake i made. They said they will unlock z DS-260 form which doesnt help. Do you think they will call me for the interview and make me explain the condition. i am worried. Please help.

hey, my CN is AF 11*** and i made a mistake on z initial entry form. I put my date of year in local calender,1981 instead of 1988 but correct it in the DS 260 FORM. I also emailed KCC describing the mistake i made. They said they will unlock z DS-260 form which doesnt help. Do you think they will call me for the interview and make me explain the condition. i am worried. Please help.

Date for what? Year of birth?

My CN is around AF16k,
I still have some confusions in filling my DS 260, which I have to be very cautious and Iwant to reopen it,
If it goes current in December may be, Can you advise me exactly which time limit I will have to resubmit it i order to avoid delays in interview scheduling?
I do not want to rush filling it.

KCC have reported before that re opening a DS260 does not result in delays to interview. It is only if you are late submitting it to begin with.

Yes i mean my Year of birth.

Hmm. I don't know if it will be a problem. Changing things like that is a trick sometimes used to get duplicate entries in and they will be suspicious if you get your own birthday wrong... I don't think anyone can say for sure. There is a chance you will be disqualified.

If a local person can understand the error then you will most likely be ok. They will have highlighted this difference to the embassy as a potential fraud, but only the embassy will make a decision once they have heard your explanation.

Thanks Britsimon, 2 more questions. 1. I filled my sponsor's address on the DS -260. Do i need to have letter or any paper from them?
2. I didnt still collect my police and medical certificate. Should i stay till i get email from them specifying my interview date???

Hi All!

Have you receive the 2NL? When I should enter in panic mode and contact the KCC?

--
Case No.: 2015SA3XX
DS-260 Sent: June 15th, 2014
2-nd NL:
Medicals:
Interview Date:
Interview Status:
POE:
SSN Arrived:
GC Arrived:

Hi every body,
Nice to meet u in this interesting and helpful forum
I really need ur help to verify this problem
My wife is been selected for the DV2015, the DV form was filled in by a third party and committed some mistakes like our children sir names and the date of birth of my youngest son (11 years), the day and month only.
All my wife, the principal selectee, was correct.
He CN AF00029, when she will be call for interview, if any.

kindest regards,

Hi every body,
Nice to meet u in this interesting and helpful forum
I really need ur help to verify this problem
My wife is been selected for the DV2015, the DV form was filled in by a third party and committed some mistakes like our children sir names and the date of birth of my youngest son (11 years), the day and month only.
All my wife, the principal selectee, was correct.
He CN AF00029, when she will be call for interview, if any.

kindest regards,

Minor mistakes can usually be rectified. However, lots of small mistakes could add up to a suspicion of fraud - and that could cause a problem. Make sure everything on the DS260 is accurate and I would imagine you will be fine (since this is only information for the child).

That number should be current around May, assuming you are not from Eithiopia or Egypt.

Hello everyone,

I created this forum in order for us to share any information about DV 2015 winners.
You guys can post any inquiry you have.

I hope we can work together until we get the Visa.

Cheers DV 2015 Winners Family !!!

Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/671695982883784/

Hi everybody,

I wonder if it is possible to see which month a i Will be scheduled for an interview basen on My casenumber? Or how does it work?

Thank you

Hi everybody,

I wonder if it is possible to see which month a i Will be scheduled for an interview basen on My casenumber? Or how does it work?

Thank you

It works exactly like you wrote. A guesstimate of your interview month could be made based on your CN.