• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

Hi everyone
The visa bulletin had revealed last week .. and my interview should be in October..
but,i didnt receive an email with 2NL .., and my entrant status check page doesnt change..
My question : How much time i need to wait for the second letter to start worry aboout ??
OR ..not all applicant who submitted DS260 are called for the interview??
THX

They can take a week to send out all the notifications. And remember they work on Kentucky time....
As long as you submitted your DS form you will get an interview.

IF they ask for the old passport, just tell them you don't have it anymore. Which is not a lie. I don't think this should have any impact on your case.
Yeah, That is true, Y're right Idon't have to bother about expired passport, but my concern is Why do they ask for it?

Yeah, That is true, Y're right Idon't have to bother about expired passport, but my concern is Why do they ask for it?

Lots of embassies ask for them, they don't always take them. UK embassy wants them for a UK tourist visa too, but they sometimes take them and sometimes not. Our embassy listed them for the Dv visa, we took them, but they didn't want them.
I guess they want them in case of old overstays in the US or something. But I don't see how they can expect everyone to have their old passports.

Hi! I have won and have an arranged meeting in October. My questions are,

1. My plan is to go to US and study and work at the same time, in that case i can save money, cause i can't do that on a study visa. Will they deny me because of that?

2. Will they ask for a bank account with a lot of money in it? .

Hi! I have won and have an arranged meeting in October. My questions are,

1. My plan is to go to US and study and work at the same time, in that case i can save money, cause i can't do that on a study visa. Will they deny me because of that?

2. Will they ask for a bank account with a lot of money in it? .

1. No, that will be fine. It's an immigrant visa, there are no restrictions on working or studying.
2. Maybe. There is no definitive answer.

To be precise, you can do short "recreational" courses of study on a B1/B2 (like cooking, but not being a chef). You cannot do academic or vocational courses on a B1/B2.

Do option so since options 1 and 2 are not legal. You could apply for a student visa, but I would not recommend that. Oh, and by the way, you are about to spend almost a year waiting anyway, so focus on something else.....

All medical student take their steps with a B1/B2... Its like making the toefl, GMAT, SAT or and GRE... It just a test, passing the test wont warranty that you are able to begin your residency, it just the first steps of an application process....

Hello, has anyone received the 2nd notification letter about the interview date?

My Case number is 2015SA000001**. Which is very low. And for my region the september visa bulletin listed 500 visas available in october meaning my case has a visa number available.

Has anyone gotten the 2nd notification letter? I have not and I am getting anxious.

Thank you
Not yet... please write a post in the forum if you got it... I will do it two..

I have! They sent me an email last friday "15th" that i have more information waiting on the ESC page, and there the time date and place for the meeting stod.

Hello again, Britsimon, Susie,....Here is another headache

I had a dispute with someone about the deal we made, and we were not able to settle it.The deal involved huge amount of money that he claimed I owed him, but bcoz that was a friendly agreement none can sue another, as a result the guy detained my passport, but I abandoned the case since the passport was expired. I possess another passport which is valid.
The consulate I chose to be interviewed asks applicants to bring all current and expired passports.

1. Why do they need former passports? Is this relevant for those who never traveled to the USA?

2.Why rules differ from embassy to another, I think many embassies do not ask expired passports

3.Should I tell the truth during my interview that my old passport is detained by someone? If they ask me to bring it and I am sure the guy can not give it to me unless I give him huge money that I can not find? Could this lead to refusal?

4.If I tell the CO that I lost or misplaced the old passport( Of course that will be a lie) What impact should be there, Can them inquire on this?

5.Considering my case, What advice could you give on this passport issue.

Jah bless....

1. They sometimes ask for expired passports to look at your travel history.
2. Different embassies, different customs, different problems, different solutions.
3. No it should not lead to a refusal although it might increase your chances of AP if they suspected you were tying to hide something.
4. It isn't a huge problem - as Susie says, just say you don't have it.
5. Advice? Be very careful with whom and how you do business. It isn't "normal" to hold someone elses passport - but the fact that you gave your passport away could be seen as evidence that you do have some obligation to this person. So - I would never have given anyone my passport, but perhaps customs are different where you live. IF someone was holding my passport I would either get it back myself or call the police. Someone holding your passport is probably breaking a law by doing so. However, again - things may be done differently where you live...

Hi again,
I have submitted my DS-260 to have my interview in France and I am now looking for form DS-2001: Notification of Applicant Readiness.
The Paris embassy mentioned the DS-2001 form but does not provide any link, I found several versions online but not from trusted sites so I just want to make sure I have the official one. If anyone has the link to this form that would be so great!
Thank you all so much.

Hi again,
I have submitted my DS-260 to have my interview in France and I am now looking for form DS-2001: Notification of Applicant Readiness.
The Paris embassy mentioned the DS-2001 form but does not provide any link, I found several versions online but not from trusted sites so I just want to make sure I have the official one. If anyone has the link to this form that would be so great!
Thank you all so much.

I don't think you need that form for DV processing - but if you want it - here you go. http://photos.state.gov/libraries/unitedkingdom/164203/cons-visa/ds_2001.pdf

Thank you for your prompt reply! I didn't think so either, but I the instructions from the Paris embassy mentioned the following:
"STEP THREE: As soon as you obtain all required documents that apply to your case, carefully read form DS-2001: Notification of Applicant Readiness. Sign form DS-2001 and mail it to the address at the top of this form. You will not be scheduled for an appointment until form DS-2001 is signed and returned to our office."

Thank you for your prompt reply! I didn't think so either, but I the instructions from the Paris embassy mentioned the following:
"STEP THREE: As soon as you obtain all required documents that apply to your case, carefully read form DS-2001: Notification of Applicant Readiness. Sign form DS-2001 and mail it to the address at the top of this form. You will not be scheduled for an appointment until form DS-2001 is signed and returned to our office."

Was that in an email you got since you got a 2NL. I'm thinking not because 2NLs are only just going out now. - it sounds like something you found on their website - but I don't know where you got that. KCC schedule the interviews so whilst some embassies send some pre interview checklists it doesn't really make sense that they would say your interview will not be scheduled until they have the DS2001.

I received the DS-260 confirmation and it said: "Review the information specific to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General where your visa interview will occur." From there I went to http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...re-selected/prepare-supporting-documents.html and downloaded the Paris embassy instructions: http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/pk 3 supplements/PRS - Paris.pdf
I found that information in this document. I really thought I was all set by submitting the DS-260, so now I'm confused. I did not get the 2NL, when is this supposed to happen? I submitted my online form on August 11 (I had to delay this step so now I have no idea when my interview will be scheduled: 2015EU00004XXX).

I received the DS-260 confirmation and it said: "Review the information specific to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General where your visa interview will occur." From there I went to http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...re-selected/prepare-supporting-documents.html and downloaded the Paris embassy instructions: http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/pk 3 supplements/PRS - Paris.pdf
I found that information in this document. I really thought I was all set by submitting the DS-260, so now I'm confused. I did not get the 2NL, when is this supposed to happen? I submitted my online form on August 11 (I had to delay this step so now I have no idea when my interview will be scheduled: 2015EU00004XXX).

Right - so that has nothing to do with DV lottery cases. Your case will be scheduled regardless of the 2001

Since it was also highlighted at the end of the document I thought it may also apply to the DV lottery cases, but you are totally right, it does not.
For the timeline, do you have any idea when I can expect to hear from KCC and when my interview might be scheduled? DS-260 submitted on August 11, case number 2015EU00004XXX.
Thank you so much for your help!

Since it was also highlighted at the end of the document I thought it may also apply to the DV lottery cases, but you are totally right, it does not.
For the timeline, do you have any idea when I can expect to hear from KCC and when my interview might be scheduled? DS-260 submitted on August 11, case number 2015EU00004XXX.
Thank you so much for your help!

Well we think DS260 processing will take around the same time as the old paper based process - and that was 4 to 6 weeks. So, you might squeeze into November interviews, and failing that you would be in December. Your case cannot be scheduled until it is processed. If you make the November interviews, you will get an email around 4 or 5 weeks from now. December interviews will be notified about a month after that.

Yeah, eventually he will lose the GC fir not being resident. And in the meantime he will have to be reporting tax every year in the USA so the attraction of working in Saudi may not be the same. ..

The GC isn't a super traveling visa, it's a living in the USA visa...
dear britsimon,

After we get Green Card can we leave US and go back home one time, and stay at home for another 1year, ( less then a year) and then go back to US permanently, thanks

Well we think DS260 processing will take around the same time as the old paper based process - and that was 4 to 6 weeks. So, you might squeeze into November interviews, and failing that you would be in December. Your case cannot be scheduled until it is processed. If you make the November interviews, you will get an email around 4 or 5 weeks from now. December interviews will be notified about a month after that.

Thanks a lot!!

dear britsimon,

After we get Green Card can we leave US and go back home one time, and stay at home for another 1year, ( less then a year) and then go back to US permanently, thanks

You can do exactly that, yes. The general advice is that the first trip home (to clear up loose ends) should last no longer than 12 months. If you were to do that often you would sooner or later be challenged to prove that you were "living" in the USA.