• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

First VB for 2015 dv winners!

winner winner chicken dinner!! We are number EU 4000 so we get to have the interview in October!

Some questions in case someone feels like answering them, really thankful to who ever does!

I'm guessing our interview will be on the 2nd week?

How do we get notified? if by email, do we get email to the original email we gave when we first applied last year or the one we supplied on the 260 form?

If we do not have vaccination history (we are both on our 20's) can we get them at the medical? (we are doing it in London)

Is the affidavit needed or can it be replaced by bank statements?

I lived in Ireland for just over 6 months, do I need a police certificate or would 1 from the UK be enough?

Many thanks, and good luck to everyone!

Hey.

Don't worry about the vaccination records. Knightsbridge Doctors will happily give you all age appropriate vaccines and like Simon said, they will charge around 40 quid per vaccine (like MMR, TDAP) per person. You can also get a letter from them and get all the vaccines from your local GP for free.

Just remember to have your police check from ACPO ready for your medicals. It takes about 2 weeks to get it.

Regarding the affidavit of support it's not compulsory. I had just over $ 30 grand plus some other assets like equity in the house, car, etc.

Simon I talk and read Russian forums in which a very large number of winners. In 2013, 2014 people with small numbers sent their documents on June 3, and did not get his interview in October. Exercise your brain and think, why?;)
Why 8000 was number in October, and then in January, added 700? Exercise your brain and think, why?
If you did not guess, then in the State Department sit your friends with zero education.:)

After spending over a year arguing with people older and wiser than yourself who have been shown to have been more logical and accurate than yourself, I would have thought it was about time to cut the silly comments and just make your point. If you want to ask something I am happy to answer you, but please, stop the silly "clever" comments. After this year we know that DV is not your area of expertise.
Nor logic.
Nor math.
Nor history.
Nor politics.
Nor fast food chains.
Your English is doing better though.....

Hey.

Don't worry about the vaccination records. Knightsbridge Doctors will happily give you all age appropriate vaccines and like Simon said, they will charge around 40 quid per vaccine (like MMR, TDAP) per person. You can also get a letter from them and get all the vaccines from your local GP for free.

Just remember to have your police check from ACPO ready for your medicals. It takes about 2 weeks to get it.

Regarding the affidavit of support it's not compulsory. I had just over $ 30 grand plus some other assets like equity in the house, car, etc.

Thanks! Yeah thats the plan, I rather pay a few extra pounds to save us the hassle of having to take a day off to get them, and not having to worry about certificates etc..

We will just take some bank payments, we have been saving for a deposit on a house, but I have a feeling our £'s will go a lot further in the US (specially with a 1.7$ exchange rate!) its nice to leave the 'rat race' of the London property market!

How do we deal with Health Insurance if we do not have a job when we first arrive? (although chances are my currently employer will transfer me to the US branch) is there any resources or books about things we should know?

Thanks!

Hi all..

one quick question.

As everyone believe that DV 2015 Oct VB as very good start. just want to know how good it is compare to previous years for Asia?

As my CN is 15K+ for Asia and DV 2014 for Asia ended around 13K.

Want to prepare myself whether I will be current by the end or not.

Thanks
Afzal :)

Hi all..

one quick question.

As everyone believe that DV 2015 Oct VB as very good start. just want to know how good it is compare to previous years for Asia?

As my CN is 15K+ for Asia and DV 2014 for Asia ended around 13K.

Want to prepare myself whether I will be current by the end or not.

Thanks
Afzal :)

For Asia, Iran and Nepal are special cases - if you are not from those countries then yes,you have a good chance. As I have written before, the exclusion of Nigeria will be particularly helpful in Asia where the two big countries will not be able to benefit from the increased regional quota. So - an increase of 2 to 3k over the 13350 is very possible (although it will need KCC to operate a country limit on Nepal and perhaps Iran too).

I'm looking forward to the first 2015 CEAC data in early November. Then we'll really know how the DS-260 has affected the response rate..

Hi all,

My case number will be current in Oct. Does anyone know if I can't make the interview in Oct., could I reschedule it in Nov.? If so, could I pick any time which consulate is available? Thanks.

Hi all,

My case number will be current in Oct. Does anyone know if I can't make the interview in Oct., could I reschedule it in Nov.? If so, could I pick any time which consulate is available? Thanks.

Contact your consulate once you have the interview notice. Rescheduling is very consulate dependent. Some don't allow it at all, others do but you may have to wait a few months, etc.

Hello guys, I'm new here and I have some questions. My case number will be current in October, when exactly am I going to receive 2NL?! Second Q: my number is golden :))) i.e. AS000000## is there any order within the 2500?! Or, it depends on the embassy? Thank you in advance

Hello guys, I'm new here and I have some questions. My case number will be current in October, when exactly am I going to receive 2NL?! Second Q: my number is golden :))) i.e. AS000000## is there any order within the 2500?! Or, it depends on the embassy? Thank you in advance

We can't tell you exactly - we aren't sending the emails. Should be within the next few days, by the end of next week at the latest.

The exact order depends on the embassy.

To add to what Simon said, when you get to receive your 2NL also depends on when you sent in your DS-260. If the form was only submitted not too long ago, you will not be receiving the 2NL for an October interview even though your CN falls within the range of the numbers current for that month.

What happens if you submitted the form as early as May 19th but applied corrections at a later stage, let say in July - which date will be considered the date of sending the DS260?

thank you guys for replying so fast! @Sm1smom: actually, I submitted 260-form on 18th of May, a day before their official announcement! I know it sounds weird but I tried at that day and had access to fill the form and I simply did it :) I hope all DV2015 selectees to share and let us know when they get 2NL. Thank you again guys!

thank you guys for replying so fast! @Sm1smom: actually, I submitted 260-form on 18th of May, a day before their official announcement! I know it sounds weird but I tried at that day and had access to fill the form and I simply did it :) I hope all DV2015 selectees to share and let us know when they get 2NL. Thank you again guys!

In that case, you definitely should be expecting to get your 2NL in the next couple of days :)

wow you will be one of the first visas given out in 2015...

Thanks, @, Britsimon
But you know my biggest ..biggest.. worry , did you remember I seeked all of your advice for my case.?..I will go with UBC . I have collected all the documents according to my country reciprocity to prove my BC was not officially recorded. I also managed to get the paper from my home town authority!! so I am too stressed and nervous about my interview:mad::mad:( but I heard that some of them from my country, they passed the interview on the same condition as mine):D
I will update my experience in this forum as I haven't read the same situation like mine in here!
I am praying~~~~~~

Last edited: