• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

First VB for 2015 dv winners!

Thanks a lot Simon. My interview will be in Kuala Lumpur where the embassy requires applicants to submit their documents in the morning and come back for the interview in the afternoon. Does that indicate anything?

It only indicates they can't read and talk at the same time. It's no problem as long as your paperwork is all in order.

winner winner chicken dinner!! We are number EU 4000 so we get to have the interview in October!

Some questions in case someone feels like answering them, really thankful to who ever does!

I'm guessing our interview will be on the 2nd week?

How do we get notified? if by email, do we get email to the original email we gave when we first applied last year or the one we supplied on the 260 form?

If we do not have vaccination history (we are both on our 20's) can we get them at the medical? (we are doing it in London)

Is the affidavit needed or can it be replaced by bank statements?

I lived in Ireland for just over 6 months, do I need a police certificate or would 1 from the UK be enough?

Many thanks, and good luck to everyone!

winner winner chicken dinner!! We are number EU 4000 so we get to have the interview in October!

Some questions in case someone feels like answering them, really thankful to who ever does!

I'm guessing our interview will be on the 2nd week?

How do we get notified? if by email, do we get email to the original email we gave when we first applied last year or the one we supplied on the 260 form?

If we do not have vaccination history (we are both on our 20's) can we get them at the medical? (we are doing it in London)

Is the affidavit needed or can it be replaced by bank statements?

I lived in Ireland for just over 6 months, do I need a police certificate or would 1 from the UK be enough?

Many thanks, and good luck to everyone!

Congrats on the win. Some answers for you.

1. The interview will be some time in October, the case number doesn't control when in the month your are interviewed.
  2. You will get an email (not sure which email address they will use - but most likely the 260 one). The email has no appointment details - you get the actual appoint detail from the ESC website (where you saw the selected letter).
  3. Yes the doctor will tell you want vaccinations you will need and will probably offer to do themj at Harley Street prices.
  4. You can use any combination of financial evidence you like - so yeah if you have good bank statements that is often enough. For a couple you should show around $20k (12k quids!)
  5. NO, the instructions require a police cert for stays of over 12 months. Make sure you read the instructions!!!

Congrats to all the 2015 'winners'! My CN is OC9xx so feeling hopeful of a March interview now the first VB is out.
I felt anxious watching the last few 2014 numbers and that anxiety flew through the roof waiting for this one and now I've crashed back down knowing the waiting starts again for another month. Bring on the emotional roller-coaster!!
Good luck and looking forward to taking this ride with everyone!

Many thanks mon!! super helpful!

Congrats on the win. Some answers for you.

1. The interview will be some time in October, the case number doesn't control when in the month your are interviewed.
  2. You will get an email (not sure which email address they will use - but most likely the 260 one). The email has no appointment details - you get the actual appoint detail from the ESC website (where you saw the selected letter).
  3. Yes the doctor will tell you want vaccinations you will need and will probably offer to do themj at Harley Street prices.
  4. You can use any combination of financial evidence you like - so yeah if you have good bank statements that is often enough. For a couple you should show around $20k (12k quids!)
  5. NO, the instructions require a police cert for stays of over 12 months. Make sure you read the instructions!!!

5. Sorry I didn't write the question right! I lived in Ireland for 7 months, then 2 years later went back for another 7, so 14 in total and over the 12 months, in the instructions it doesn't state if its 12 months consecutively or not?

Thanks in advanced!

Many thanks mon!! super helpful!

5. Sorry I didn't write the question right! I lived in Ireland for 7 months, then 2 years later went back for another 7, so 14 in total and over the 12 months, in the instructions it doesn't state if its 12 months consecutively or not?

Thanks in advanced!

That is arguable, but if in doubt apply for the police cert. Given you were there a short time it will come back clear (no record found is the same as clear) and then you are covered. Best to be overprepared!

That is arguable, but if in doubt apply for the police cert. Given you were there a short time it will come back clear (no record found is the same as clear) and then you are covered. Best to be overprepared!
Many thanks!! I will go ahead and do it, thanks for the advice.

Really looking forward to October!

I'm AS16xxx. I think my chances are slim.

They should not using numbering, but First Ready First Serviced. Also, diplomas should play a role...

They should not using numbering, but First Ready First Serviced. Also, diplomas should play a role...

If it was like that, you wouldn't have absolutely any chance! Believe me when I say that.

And maybe one day when they change the immigration rules to replace DV with skilled visas those factors will come in, but you entered a diversity visa with specific rules. And in any case I bet if your number were AS1x you would not be saying the same thing :rolleyes:

I would like to ask... Does everyone whose case number has gone current, receive second letter ?? Or there might be some cases who won't recieve 2nd letter although their number being current...?? Can there be such cases ??

I would like to ask... Does everyone whose case number has gone current, receive second letter ?? Or there might be some cases who won't recieve 2nd letter although their number being current...?? Can there be such cases ??

Well as long as the person had submitted their forms then they should get the 2NL once current. Of course - they may not go current....

Hi , my case number shows i am current in october , i have one problem if you guys have any solution . I have put my friend name who is sponsoring me . Does she have to fill any form ? Does she have to write any sponsor letter ? If yes then do you have any sample letter ? THANKS

Hi , my case number shows i am current in october , i have one problem if you guys have any solution . I have put my friend name who is sponsoring me . Does she have to fill any form ? Does she have to write any sponsor letter ? If yes then do you have any sample letter ? THANKS

Well in theory you don't need a sponsor in one sense of the word. However if you need to prove you ability to avoid becoming a public charge then someone can complete and I134 affidavit of support. That person must be legally resident in the USA and have an income in excess of the federal poverty level, accounting for their own family and you (plus family). The I134 should be accompanied by tax info such as W2 or 1099 forms.

As you said "Of course - they may not go current...."" ?? means ???

Well in DV2014 the Final VB was released without getting to the high numbers. For instance, the high AF number was around 116k and the numbers only went up to 81k. In AS region the high number was 27k and the VB only went to 13.3k. Same story in EU, SA AND OC. So, lots of people never went current, so never would have got a 2nl. Dv2015 will be similar.

Reminds me of players who go a play game and then want the rules changed in their favour...if you wanted your diplomas to count, this shouldn't have been the game to play...

Oh great, now some theory that the 19 day delay (5.5 months ahead of the opening bell) will cause a delay???? Sloner, do you just enjoy making dopey comments to bait me???
Simon I talk and read Russian forums in which a very large number of winners. In 2013, 2014 people with small numbers sent their documents on June 3, and did not get his interview in October. Exercise your brain and think, why?;)
Why 8000 was number in October, and then in January, added 700? Exercise your brain and think, why?
If you did not guess, then in the State Department sit your friends with zero education.:)