• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Hi all, have been reading through this forum and it's helped a lot.
I've been accepted and have a no of OC3XX so seems like that quite low which may work in my favour.
Only snag is that my fiancé and I were only due to be married in Dec, so we have brought this forward to this month. Provided we get our forms submitted following this, does anyone foresee any issue with late submission due to waiting on the ceremony? Do estimated interview times depend solely on the no. provided all the firms are submitted?

Your CN is low enough, late submission of the DS-260 form by a couple of months shouldn't be an issue.

Interview is scheduled based on the CN and time of form submission.

Hi all, have been reading through this forum and it's helped a lot.
I've been accepted and have a no of OC3XX so seems like that quite low which may work in my favour.
Only snag is that my fiancé and I were only due to be married in Dec, so we have brought this forward to this month. Provided we get our forms submitted following this, does anyone foresee any issue with late submission due to waiting on the ceremony? Do estimated interview times depend solely on the no. provided all the firms are submitted?
Just released visa bulletin is numbers less than 400 for interview in October, so I am guessing that once you submit your forms a interview would be ready for you.

Just released visa bulletin is numbers less than 400 for interview in October, so I am guessing that once you submit your forms a interview would be ready for you.

Not necessarily "once you submit your forms". If the form isn't submitted early enough for KCC to have had enough time to process it by, there will be no interview for that applicable month. KCC will schedule the person for the following month.

How exciting for you all, an adventure is about it begin. Trust me if you have a reasonably high number you are going to be in for a roller coaster of emotions. Pace yourself and try and stay positive.

How exciting for you all, an adventure is about it begin. Trust me if you have a reasonably high number you are going to be in for a roller coaster of emotions. Pace yourself and try and stay positive.
lol exactly, I was thinking they would open 250-300, so 400 is a good start, will be interesting between now and Christmas to see how many they move. I am lucky enough to have other visa options to look at, and Canada, but if my number doesn't get called I am going to sit on a beach in Brazil or Argentina for 3 months :)

Amen to that. It's really starting to feel real now, and we're getting so excited! Just need to wait for the 2NL to get the date for the interview so we can book flights etc :)

Wow - I can't believe opening number was 400! I'm less than 15 numbers away which means that I'm guessing I'll get a November interview. Wasn't expecting to get one until at least December. Now I've really got to start getting prepared...

Yeah I get this sneaking feeling they'll hit the brakes in March and just focus on the huge AOS numbers for our region, like they did in 2014. We'll see months of no VB movement.

I'm writing off any hope for this year. The density of responses is high and rising and our quota is more or less static. Here's my recommendation to high number hopefuls:
  1. <1450: You're sweet. Congratulations!
  2. 1450-1549: You're in with a very good chance - both for an interview and heart trouble as you watch the numbers inch forward
  3. >1549: You aren't going to be called up. Drawing you was an insurance policy for KCC. Try again in DV2016.
It's a painful thing to accept, because in earlier years, higher numbers weren't a big problem and we went current. But things change, sadly. More selectees, more desire to move.

Yeah I get this sneaking feeling they'll hit the brakes in March and just focus on the huge AOS numbers for our region, like they did in 2014. We'll see months of no VB movement.

I'm writing off any hope for this year. The density of responses is high and rising and our quota is more or less static. Here's my recommendation to high number hopefuls:
  1. <1450: You're sweet. Congratulations!
  2. 1450-1549: You're in with a very good chance - both for an interview and heart trouble as you watch the numbers inch forward
  3. >1549: You aren't going to be called up. Drawing you was an insurance policy for KCC. Try again in DV2016.
It's a painful thing to accept, because in earlier years, higher numbers weren't a big problem and we went current. But things change, sadly. More selectees, more desire to move.

So according to your calculations you are in the no chance zone and you have given up.

However, $5 says you'll be here all year driving yourself nuts anyway....

;)

OC6X

Hi All,

does anyone know from experience if the mebassy wants the police certificates ebnt directly to them or we bring them along? IM doing a NSW, ACT and UK police check.

The US Dept. of State Visa website says:

"If you are applying through the New South Wales or Queensland police, your police record will be sent directly to the U.S. Consulate in Sydney."

So all other states/territories will send the certificate to you and you will need to bring it with you to the interview.

Wow - I can't believe opening number was 400! I'm less than 15 numbers away which means that I'm guessing I'll get a November interview. Wasn't expecting to get one until at least December. Now I've really got to start getting prepared...

I'm high 400's so I'm thinking I'm going to have a December rather than January interview now..unless they jump 100 on the next VB! Though who knows how the numbers will jump between VB's, it all seems even more unpredictable now! Exciting!!