• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Hey there, you can get the Ministry of Justice report however this wont be enough for your interview for a immigrant visa, however still get it. I emailed the consulate in Auckland and they forwarded me a "New Zealand Police Clearance Authorization" form, you sign this, send it back directly to the consulate and they will then obtain from the New Zealand police and information held about you but you have to disclose any convictions you have. The email is AucklandIV@state.gov I suggest doing this ASAP so that they can send it to the NZ police. If you have any problems message me and I can email you the form.

Thanks for this Cody. Definitely didn't know anything about the police clearance form. So does this form just give the consulate authority to our records? Does it matter if we do it now as opposed to closer to the interview date?

Thanks for this Cody. Definitely didn't know anything about the police clearance form. So does this form just give the consulate authority to our records? Does it matter if we do it now as opposed to closer to the interview date?

Kiwione, you need to seriously read ALL the posts on the page before this one.

Also go back to the DV lottery web page and carefully read the instructions on what documents you need.
They give you a drop down box for where to get your police cert. It really is all there in black and white.
As I said earlier I think we need to be careful not to over think all of this.
FYI. I believe Cody's situation is a little different. Please read the other posts.
Hope this helps and all the best!

I'd like to recommend getting an American Express card now too.

When I moved to Canada the bank gave me a $500 limit and AMEX global transfer gave me a $11,000 limit. You need a card with at least 3k+ to buy plane tickets and book hotels and rental cars.

This definitely helps, no credit history, no problem if you've had an Amex in Australia and have a good record with them they will give you a US credit card.

My situation is that I am a New Zealander and have lived in Australia for 6 years previously, and I will be going via the Auckland embassy, so definitely try to get in contact with the embassy that your having your interview. Reason the Auckland consulate wants a Police authorisation is due to the Clean Slates Act and the US does not recognise this (basically if your clean in the past 7 years the Ministry of justice report makes you look like a model citizen) so the US consulate wants a FULL history directly from the NZ police. The NZ police do not offer this service directly to citizens, they send all information they have directly to the consulate (exactly like the medical), so that they can review it before your interview. As I lived in Australia the consulate has instructed me I must get a full finger printing and name check which I must provide at the interview. If your a Kiwi in Australia currently it may be different again. From my experience however getting the police clearance and Ministry of justice report, it can take the full 20 days, as this is a free service, so do plan ahead.

Try and figure out via previous bulletins when your interview may be. I dont know about the NZ police report but the clearance from the NZ justice dept is only good for 3 months. I spoke to them yesterday and they said they are busy and working to the 20 day turn around.

Hi Guys,

Has anyone done the UK polcie check before? Ive downloaded the application and its fairly self explanitory except for the section where it asks for the 10 previous addressess. I'm an aussie who used to live over in the UK but I only had one UK address, Im assuming its not asking me for my 10 previous address from Australia but just from the UK?

Cheers

Hi Guys,

Has anyone done the UK polcie check before? Ive downloaded the application and its fairly self explanitory except for the section where it asks for the 10 previous addressess. I'm an aussie who used to live over in the UK but I only had one UK address, Im assuming its not asking me for my 10 previous address from Australia but just from the UK?

Cheers
Hey ozimattskey, when you filled out your DS260 what addresses did you put on that? They wanted everywhere that you had lived since I think 16.
It sounds like you are back in OZ........ yes?

Last edited:
Ah yes very true so as long as I submit the same address and dates on the acro police form it should be sweet. Thanks OC_Ems. Hopefully the police check from the UK wont take more than two months as I have a number of OC6X and am hoping once the bulletin comes out for September I should be good to go.

Yeah I live in Sydney. Well I had residence in the UK at a pub for a while which I put down on my online form so I thought I better include a police check from the UK. Maybe I should've left it out? On my previous passport it has me living in the UK for 2 years so I thought I better put down everywhere I lived.

Ill definetly keep you posted in regards to how I go if I have an interview in October.

Also yes Im getting one for OZ as well, basically just going back to when I was 16 which the form asks which was in the year 2000. If you werent living in NZ when you were 16 I dont believe you need one.

yeah its hard to know isnt it. I haven t been in NZ for 14 years. Spent 4-5 living in the US then came here.
If we go by the DVweb page instructions theoretically we dont need overseas PC's HOWEVER Im looking at it from the point over covering all bases. Cant hurt I dont think.
Again good luck!

What page are you looking at? You need PCs from all places you lived in for a year or longer since you were 16. I don't know what your particular situation is, but someone just coming in and reading your last couple of posts might be misled.

Hi all, have been reading through this forum and it's helped a lot.
I've been accepted and have a no of OC3XX so seems like that quite low which may work in my favour.
Only snag is that my fiancé and I were only due to be married in Dec, so we have brought this forward to this month. Provided we get our forms submitted following this, does anyone foresee any issue with late submission due to waiting on the ceremony? Do estimated interview times depend solely on the no. provided all the firms are submitted?

Ok.............. so now I need to ask if anyone is getting a police clearance from the USA? or does anyone know if the consulate automatically does a background check prior to or as part of the DV interview.
Said it before and will say it again...... will be glad when this is all done and dusted.
Ive been entering this lottery for 16 years now so yes Im delighted to have been selected. Not complaining at all.

PCC from the US is not required.