• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

Thank you and good luck with your adventure as well, I have all supportive docs for my military services and discharge docs translated and ready to be seen at interview, but it is not omission cz, in the part C I already said that I served, and yes/no qs coming later, it is mistake, with yes no answer. I hope that I can explain this mistake on interview if this qs arise.

Thank you and good luck with your adventure as well, I have all supportive docs for my military services and discharge docs translated and ready to be seen at interview, but it is not omission cz, in the part C I already said that I served, and yes/no qs coming later, it is mistake, with yes no answer. I hope that I can explain this mistake on interview if this qs arise.

You should be fine, just explain it as a typo. I will actually suggest you point it out to the IO even if the IO fail to see the error, you want to make sure that your immigration record is clean from the get go. (This is one of the rear times I will suggest for anyone to ignore the "less is more" mantra during immigration interview). Everything being submitted now is usually given a much more detailed scrutiny at the time of applying for citizenship, so you want to make sure there's nothing in the record being created now that they may possibly use as a "gotcha" one years down the road.

Thank you again mom and Sm1, this was the idea to say that I made a mistake, cz I already wrote down that I served in previous section, so it is more typo, that omission. And also it was field supportive services which hardly could be consider as military. Thank you folk again for sharing info.

My case Cn Eu24000, my FO is Detroit, my BIO was on March 28, I visited infopass first time may8, and right away got my EAD and Advanced parole, from this time I was coming to see FO every 2 weeks with Info pass, I got IL on July 23, 2014, for interview Aug 18. If this is not frustrating? Each time was explanation, your file is actively working on, you need to wait for your IL, and wait, wait, wait.
Now I found that in my I485 I wrote down in organisation part, that I serviced in Military services, and under yes/no qs number 15, I mistakenly wrote no under military services instead yes, what will be my explanation on Interview if this qs arise? I did mistake, when was filling it up, cz, my services was actually just supportive, no any military activity, no any training, did not hold weapon even once.
Any suggestions, advises?

You tell the truth at your interview and provide clarification. The IO will make corrections on the form and put some notes as to what the correct answers should be. Done!

No need to worry at all. Mistakes happen. Make sure to provide truthful answers when under oath at the interview.

Some cases running not bad, my is running very slow, 5 months from application till IL, crazy slow, and cut off was in April EU24000, Detroit is ruling :( Thank you for all help from the folk, good luck to everybody.

I realized why my case was stuck, I called today to KCC and asked if my file was transferred to Detroit FO, lady said yes, I asked when it was transferred she said on June11/14. I checked correspondence with KCC, they sent me request to pay all my family 330$ for AOS, or to explain why they not applying with me for AOS. As well it was letter in pdf format attached to KCC e-mail saying that USCIS has requested that my DV case file be transferred to immigration office for future processing. The Dep of States requires as follow: Lottery rank number be current and DV fees be paid prior to transfer to USCIS. Before your DV case can be transferred to USICS and continue to process, you must pay to the Dep o State a fee in the ammount of 330$ per person. I did explain by e-mail taht my family is not applying for AOS cz they all outside of the USA. All this correspondence was on June 7-10, 2014, so they sent file to USCIS on June 11/2-14. Each time I was taking info pass, was different explanation, why my file was not moving, till the last time, when lady explained, that they still waiting some docs to arrive, I assume that was still waiting from KCC file, but from June11, till June 23, kinda long wait from KCC to Detroit, more than 1 month in the way :( And from IL till interview July 23 till Aug 18, they took it easy arent they?

No because I couldn't reach Them ;( in our CA time They work until 1pm and this hours I couln't use phone in work :( we will try before our inteterview Tomorrow. Will keep You posted how it goes.
I called yesterday and they said my file was sent on August 4th. So, the IO probably requested after the interview. What time is your appointment?
Good luck

I called yesterday and they said my file was sent on August 4th. So, the IO probably requested after the interview. What time is your appointment?
Good luck
Uf so good for You! I have appt 9.30am my Wife 10.30am but I believe we will go at same time. I am so stressed out ;(

Since you already have your NOA which means you have a MSC case no, call USCIS to find out if the bio letter has been mailed out or not. It's possibly on its way, but you don't want to seat back and be wringing your hands without doing anything else. Earlier this year, someone was equally in that same situation only for USCIS to inform them the bio letter had already been mailed - but it never got delivered. He was told to call back after a couple of days if he still didn't receive it, and he still never got the mailed one - USCIS eventually had to fax him a copy maybe a day or two before the bio appointment.
Called to USCIS, was told that the biometrics letters were emailed to me on Aug 1st. Still did not receive them. I am in panic now and just losing hope.

Called to USCIS, was told that the biometrics letters were emailed to me on Aug 1st. Still did not receive them. I am in panic now and just losing hope.

Call them again on Monday if you haven't received them and let them know. Ask them to tell you your bio date and request for them to fax you the letter.

Call them again on Monday if you haven't received them and let them know. Ask them to tell you your bio date and request for them to fax you the letter.
They told me that our bio date is Aug 19th. I have no chance now. They did not want to fax it to me. I asked 10 times......

Uf so good for You! I have appt 9.30am my Wife 10.30am but I believe we will go at same time. I am so stressed out ;(
Ya I think he will interview both of you at the same time as he did with us. Relax and do not stress out. The IO is nice and friendly guy.
Good luck for you

I got my receipt on July 28 and still no bio letter. I checked the stats and it looks like people are getting it in 4-6 days. Mine has been 9 days already. Can anybody help me what to do about it. Should I call USCIS or my field office?

I got my receipt on July 28 and still no bio letter. I checked the stats and it looks like people are getting it in 4-6 days. Mine has been 9 days already. Can anybody help me what to do about it. Should I call USCIS or my field office?
The same here. My receipt notice was on July 25t.

They told me that our bio date is Aug 19th. I have no chance now. They did not want to fax it to me. I asked 10 times......
This is my first post here in this forum. I had already filed my application before seeing this forum and out of the frustration that usually follows the long waiting waiting and waiting I found this forum. But from my experience so far, I would advise @MK999 and every expectant permanent resident out there that there is no need to panic if you are already current up until August at least. The receipt of a case number almost certainly means there is a VISA number reserved for you and unless you screw up eventually, it is certain that you will get approved for your Green Card.

Here is my story........
I got my Green Card today (it was indeed Green :D:D:D:D) and validity date on it is from the date my adjustment of status package was received. I had my biometrics mid June and was waiting like every other person for the almighty interview letter (I eventually didn't get one, LOL). Then sometimes in July, I scheduled an infopass to my FO for ending of July. On getting there, the lady looked at my case and asked me if I was ready for an interview there and then. I was hesitant at first, thinking that I didn't have all the required documentation. I later grabbed the opportunity. I had my interview 30mins later and it was a short one just like every other person had confirmed here in this forum. And to cut the long story short, today I now have my green card.

Here is my "little understanding" of the entire AOS process (all due respect to @Sm1smom and @Britsimon).
1. Your file is sent to your FO after your data has been entered into the system (i.e. the moment you have a receipt number and you can track your application.)

2. Whether or not you have your biometrics taken, you are due for an interview after step 1. (this is because I was asked if I had taken my biometrics when I went for the interview)

3. If you have not taken your biometrics as at the time of your interview, this can be done for you at your FO.

4. Anytime you schedule an infopass appointment, prepare for it like you are preparing for your interview, go with all the supporting documents you have (you never know, you might have your interview that day, it happened to me).

5. For those who think VISAs get exhausted, VISAs don't get exhausted. I think there are Visas available for every number that ranked below the number given in the Visa bulletin. Here is why - I had a couple of infopass visits and from the conversation I had with the immigration officers I have come to this conclusion - Everyone who can do AOS will eventually get a Visa number (unless they screw up something before the sept 30 deadline).

Finally, I'd implore everyone to stay calm. Schedule an infopass ASAP try to see if you can get them to schedule you for interview. Ask questions about why your processing is being delayed etc...Good luck to you guys

Cheers everyone

Last edited:
This is my first post here in this forum. I had already filed my application before seeing this forum and out of the frustration that usually follows the long waiting waiting and waiting I found this forum. But from my experience so far, I would advise @MK999 and every expectant permanent resident out there that there is no need to panic if you are already current up until August at least. The receipt of a case number almost certainly means there is a VISA number reserved for you and unless you screw up eventually, it is certain that you will get approved for your Green Card.

Here is my story........
I got my Green Card today (it was indeed Green :D:D:D:D) and validity date on it is from the date my adjustment of status package was received. I had my biometrics mid June and was waiting like every other person for the almighty interview letter (I eventually didn't get one, LOL). Then sometimes in July, I scheduled an infopass to my FO for ending of July. On getting there, the lady looked at my case and asked me if I was ready for an interview there and then. I was hesitant at first, thinking that I didn't have all the required documentation. I later grabbed the opportunity. I had my interview 30mins later and it was a short one just like every other person had confirmed here in this forum. And to cut the long story short, today I now have my green card.

Here is my "little understanding" of the entire AOS process (all due respect to @Sm1smom and @Britsimon).
1. Your file is sent to your FO after your data has been entered into the system (i.e. the moment you have a receipt number and you can track your application.)

2. Whether or not you have your biometrics taken, you are due for an interview after step 1. (this is because I was asked if I had taken my biometrics when I went for the interview)

3. If you have not taken your biometrics as at the time of your interview, this can be done for you at your FO.

4. Anytime you schedule an infopass appointment, prepare for it like you are preparing for your interview, go with all the supporting documents you have (you never know, you might have your interview that day, it happened to me).

5. For those who think VISAs get exhausted, VISAs don't get exhausted. I think there are Visas available for every number that ranked below the number given in the Visa bulletin. Here is why - I had a couple of infopass visits and from the conversation I had with the immigration officers I have come to this conclusion - Everyone who can do AOS will eventually get a Visa number (unless they screw up something before the sept 30 deadline).

Finally, I'd implore everyone to stay calm. Schedule an infopass ASAP try to see if you can get them to schedule you for interview. Ask questions about why your processing is being delayed etc...

Cheers everyone

Congratulations on getting your Green Card. Most of us DREAM about an INFOPASS turning into an interview - so good for you that you were ready for that!

Most of what you have said above is accurate. However, I can assure you that the visa can in fact not be available for the AoS applicant - it is not reserverd. The policy memo below is an explanation to USCIS staff about the processing of DV cases. In it, there is a clear description of the ISO needing to confirm the number is current (as you said) but "As a last step, the ISO must then confirm that a DV visa number is actually available at the time of final adjudication by submitting an electronic request for the DV visa within IVAMSWEB. "

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...013/August/DV-Related I-485 Applications .pdf