Lets start with Feb Filers

cSantos was our rock. and now he is gone.
He dissapeared the day of his interview. It's unsettling to say the very least.
Hope he wasn't somehow kept in detention for deportation .... :( Cos thing is, he had to work for survival ... and that, as we all know is super illegal for us applicant types ...

CSantos, wherever you are, I hope you are well my friend. I hope that God and all the angels are with you, and carrying you.

Hi All

I did not follow the thread for a long time, looks like a lot has changed. Feb08 filer congrats.
My wife received the interview letter and is scheduled for Oct 30th interview. Afterall Fairfax DO is not all that slow, they are picking up speed.

JS360, congrats on the IL. same day for us too.

Can any of you point us to any link for all the documents we have to carry with us for the interview and also some sample interview questions link would be great.

well this is the week of the interview for a lot of us. good luck to all. getting a little nervous now and gotta start getting everything together. does anyone know if they take the pics you take to them.

interview

We just had our interview last Friday morning in Seattle DO. After security check, we got to the waiting room about 15 min before our scheduled time. There were quite some people in the waiting room, you need to pay attention when the IO calls your name because some IOs speak softly, so you can hardly it in that room. We were called in by a young lady IO (30s) after about 30 min wait. We were surprised that she didn’t ask us to sworn in.

• She opened up our files, and asked for our driver licenses. She looked at our licenses, and checked our names on the file (I-485). Then she asked what our current address is. I responded (We changed our address after filing), then she confirmed and then crossed out our previous address, wrote down the new one.
• She asked a few questions from I-485. I first entered the US with J-1 visa, so she said J-1 visa subjects to 2 year home residency rule. I knew they were gonna ask about this, so I provided the evidence that I’m not subject to this rule.
• She asked the date of our marriage, how we met, who proposed first.
• Then she asked what our future plan is (she was curious)
• She asked me about Yes/No questions.
We were able to answer those questions smoothly. During the interview, she had a notepad with her, she wrote down most of our responses (don’t know why, maybe she is a young officer?)

We were very prepared with a lot of documents (both original and copies), but she didn’t ask for any documents (joint accounts, photos, etc…) from us (Is this normal?). After the interview, she asked if we had any questions for her. I asked 1) if she needs any documents (EAD/AP, etc.) from us, she said no; 2) if my name check has been cleared, she said yes. At the end, she said we will receive the decision by mail in a month, then my wifey asked how long it takes for GC to arrive, she said: “I’m hoping you will receive your GC in a month” (good sign?)

What do you guys think; do you think we were approved?

Good luck to js360, and others who have interviews coming up.

hmm, shes probably new and ive heard that some IOs have to have all there cases reviewed by a senior IO or something. they prob just need to double check, but i have a feeling our interview will go exactly like yours and no decision will be made right away mostly because we have an attorney cause our case is not str8 forward and i heard with an attorney they tend not to approve on the spot, correct me if im wrong, thats just what ive heard. but all in all, it sounds good. you should have green card soon. congrats on getting everything over with atleast and now its just a wait.

Of course you were approved!!! :)

We just had our interview last Friday morning in Seattle DO. After security check, we got to the waiting room about 15 min before our scheduled time. There were quite some people in the waiting room, you need to pay attention when the IO calls your name because some IOs speak softly, so you can hardly it in that room. We were called in by a young lady IO (30s) after about 30 min wait. We were surprised that she didn’t ask us to sworn in.
What do you guys think; do you think we were approved?
Good luck to js360, and others who have interviews coming up.

I'm sure you were approved SuperTD, now the big question is when will you receive the welcome notice, and I think it'll be within a week (for what I've read in other posts, but Seattle is... well, Seattle, so who knows!) You seem to have done well. Thank you for posting the interview details! I'm taking a lot of documents with me and I'm going to be very disappointed if they don't even look at them, but as long as they approve our GCs who cares!!!! Right? :D

going to sleep, waking up and going to interview. wish me luck. will update yall when we get back. gotta be up at 530 for a 9am interview.

js360 and Kirkland, good luck to both of you for the interview. I'm sure you'll do fine.
superTD, congratulation. Hopefully you'll get the GC soon.

js360, good luck to your interview. Since you have a child with your wift, your case should be straight forward. I saw a couple had a child, they went in for 10 min, and came out with smile on their faces.

kirkland, thank you. Just be prepared, you will be fine. It was just strange that the IO didn't look at any of the documents or photos that we brought, other than that, it was similar to others. I just hope that I will receive welcome notice soon.

js360 and Kirkland, good luck to both of you for the interview. I'm sure you'll do fine.
superTD, congratulation. Hopefully you'll get the GC soon.

Hanging in there Rose, I'm sure your IL will come soon. Seattle timeline is kinda strange.

Be faithful!

Thanks!

Hanging in there Rose, I'm sure your IL will come soon. Seattle timeline is kinda strange.

Be faithful!

Thanks superTD. I'm not actually concern at all. It seems that my case is way off the normal timeline for whatever reason!! I went to the Seattle office 3 weeks ago and they told me my name check cleared on September 22 and everything should be fine!!! We'll see.

woah woah I missed a lot of action here.... js I hope your interview went well!

kirkland, good luck on yours too in case I don't log on before :)

back from interview all.....very confused at this time. here what went down

so we were up early and gave ourselves 2 1/2 hours to get there, normally a 1 1/2 hour drive, anyone who knows seattle mornings, knows we ran into some rough traffic, go there to check in 5 minutes before 9am, sat in waiting room for a few minutes until our lawyer got there and came over to greet us and give us a brief run down, was called in by IO after only about 10min waiting, she took me,my wife,my son and my lawyer to her office, swore us in. asked my wife some questions about criminal record and such which she answered all properly. asked us for our supporting documents, which we provided to her, our lease agreement, 2 joint bank accounts, rental insurance, car insurance, a letter from our old bank that we had as a joint account way back in 2002, car registration with both our names on it, and purchase agreement cause we just bought a new car in both our names. then she asked for some pics which we showed her our album and told her who the others in the pics were, she asked us to pick out some of the pics to leave with file, so my wife picked some out. asked us if we had any questions, we said no. she said ok, my lawyer said so will the cards be in the mail, and the IO said you can expect something sometime, maybe in a month. and thats it, we were done after no longer than ten minutes. my lawyer said that they do not approve on the spot because the IOs are new and they need to send it to a supervisor first. but yea, not how i thought it was gonna go down. hopefully well get the card production ordered email soon. right now were not dissapointed, maybe a little bit, but more confused. oh yea, and i got a speeding ticket on the way home. seems to be what happens to me, i got a speeding ticket on the way home after my naturalization interview as well. lol. well ill keep yall updated as we are updated.

Our Interview

We were called in by the IO within the first 5 minutes we were there. Our interview was for ten minutes. IO asked me the marrraige date I thought for a moment and gave her a wrong answer and was corrected by my wife(the look on my wife's face - I know I am going to pay big time for that). Then the IO asked me for my wife's first name and last name. She took some of the documents, vehicle registration, deed and bank stmt, and one picture from the album. She collected the I94's , EAD, and the AP. She said we are approved and stamped my wife's PP with the GC stamp.

Thanks to everyone with all the help and valuble information through this journey. Wish everyone luck and the best.

seattle just sucks ass. why cant they approve on the spot. my interview seems as if it went exact same as yours but with no outcome. frustrating as hell.

It sucks big time!!!

Seattle DO is one of its kind!!! I just hope that it's a matter of not wanting to give people an incorrect date, and not that for some strange reason they take longer to process the actual card!!!

Strange

js360, good luck to your interview. Since you have a child with your wift, your case should be straight forward. I saw a couple had a child, they went in for 10 min, and came out with smile on their faces.

kirkland, thank you. Just be prepared, you will be fine. It was just strange that the IO didn't look at any of the documents or photos that we brought, other than that, it was similar to others. I just hope that I will receive welcome notice soon.

Yeah... not looking at the documents was strange: js360 showed a ton of paperwork: he even left photos for the file!!! However, no GC approval yet. I hope they send you the email soon, so I know that we don't have to wait anymore. :)

card production ordered!!!

Well, it turned out Halloween to be a very good day. I didn’t expect an update or touch for my case today, but it’s my normal routine to check my case in the daily morning. After I typed in my case #, I couldn’t even believe what I saw:

Current Status: Card production ordered.
On October 31, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

To make sure that I typed in the correct case #, I logged on to the USCIS web, confirmed. Yaaaaaaay. But my I-130 is still pending. Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get I-130 approved? :confused:

Today is exact one week from my interview day. My lovely wifey was right about this from the day we had interview, she told me she felt we were approved at that time, IO just didn’t say it, and she had feeling we will get something this week, here it is “card production ordered”…WOW :p

From what I see, most people who filed AOS from Jan to April of this year received ILs around the same time, and have IDs in October and November in Seattle DO. Here what I’m thinking, Seattle DO either hired some new IOs or just transferred some their employees from other departments to do interviews in this couple of months, so they don’t approve it right away, and need supervisors to do further review. But this is just my guessing.

js360, I’m sure very soon you will get the same message. I thought your interview went well, nothing out of ordinary.
kirkland, good luck to your interview next week and others who have interviews coming up.

Happy Halloween, everyone! :cool:

Be faithful!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!!!!!

Well, it turned out Halloween to be a very good day. I didn’t expect an update or touch for my case today, but it’s my normal routine to check my case in the daily morning. After I typed in my case #, I couldn’t even believe what I saw:

Current Status: Card production ordered.

Happy Halloween, everyone! :cool:

Be faithful!

THAT IS AWESOME!!!! :D :D :D

So js360 should get his next Thursday ;)

Thanks for the information superTD!!!! Happy Halloween to you too.