Your Location/NSC/Status Message Update - Read this ...

flamboyant

Registered Users (C)
Reply only -

1) If your location(where you residing) is not within NSC region
AND
2) If your status message not changed since the day one.

If so, reply with your location(city or state), so that we can determine why only certain number of people are not getting their status updated even after FP2 is done. Bcos, FBI will send FP results to the region where your location belongs to. In my case, FP results have been sent to TSC in Dallas.

[Well, it's difficult to rely on their automated system ...]

My loc - texas - filed 485 at NSC

My situation

Thanks for this idea and I have exactly the same situation as you. My case was filed in NSC, but my second FP was done in Dallas of TX on 6/2/04, so far no status changed. My questions for you are:
1. How did you know you FP result has been sent to TSC?
2. How did you solve this problem? Please advise.

Thanks agaion and best wishes!

flamboyant said:
Reply only -

AND

If so, reply with your location(city or state), so that we can determine why only certain number of people are not getting their status updated even after FP2 is done. Bcos, FBI will send FP results to the region where your location belongs to. In my case, FP results have been sent to TSC in Dallas.

Could you please let us know where you got this information? Normally FBI sends back FP result to the very same sevice center that requests for FP review.

flamboyant said:
Reply only -

AND

Could you please tell us where you got this information from?

I live in a location serviced by TSC. I have my 485 filed at NSC. My finger prints - FP!-results were received by USCIS on July 9, 2003 (that what the status message says).

Our FP1 were completed in the rgion serviced by TSC. Back in August 2003, I had called FBI who had confirmed that our FP results were sent to NSC (yes NSC not TSC).

Has there been a change instituted recently?

Cheers

I live in NY area, and completed my first FP during May and I do not see any update so far...

Fp

my application was filed with nebraska. since I reside in MA my FP was done in boston. my status since has changed to " your FP results were obtained on......and we will let u know if any ...."

so I think place of residence made no diff to my case

Hi

When I called FBI to verify that FP results have been sent TSC or NSC ? She told me that it has been sent to TSC not NSC. I told her that it should be sent to NSC since my I-485 is filed at NSC service center. She said, it will eventually go to NSC(in my case). But, question is WHEN ? HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE TO REACH NSC ?

(Note: they might have sent it to NSC, but someone not updated...again why only for certain people)

But, it's been more than 45 days, still there is no change in status message.
It's the same since I filed 485.

Why I thought this, bcos it may cuase further delay as they may not approve the case unless they see valid current FP results.

Remember same thing can happen to FBI Name/background check ...

Since we are talking about FPs here

My ND/RD is Aug 19/20 2003.
Did my 1st FP on 8th June 2004. Did my FP from Raleigh, NC (my loc.) under TSC and the FP Notice had come from TSC (mentioned in the envelope)
Yesterday, on June 22nd (after around 2 weeks) the online status changed, saying the FP results have been received for my case.

2fp

I am in Little Rock, Arkansas.

Did 2FP on 05/05/2004 in Little Rock, Arkansas, online message was updated exactly after 20 days.

My wife had to do FP again for the 3rd time since it was not clear, this was done on 31st May on memorial day and the online message changed on 16th June 2004.

I hope this help you.

RD 08/2002
ND 08/2002
1EAD 08/2002
2EAD 08/2003
3EAD 05/2004 ( received receipts)
1FP 10/2002
2FP 05/2004

This is what happened

All:
Thank you again for htis idea, I called FBI again and told they sent my fingerprint to TSC, not NSC where I485 was filed. They let me contact TSC, but I can not find any contact info for it. SO guys, what should we do?
God bless!

zli1014 said:
All:
Thank you again for htis idea, I called FBI again and told they sent my fingerprint to TSC, not NSC where I485 was filed. They let me contact TSC, but I can not find any contact info for it. SO guys, what should we do?
God bless!
Here is a possibility ...

All FP records are updated at all centers... by contractors... since these are updated against receipt numbers and / or A#s (where available) .. I would think it would least matter where the information is sent by FBI .... as far as I can tell... My FP results did reach NSC ... and my FP2 notices came from NSC, as per the address on the envelope

Message Changed....

Myself and Spouse did 2nd FP on 06/15/04 and the message has changed today. The update has happened only to me and my spouse's status still shows the old one.

My location is in CSC (California)

LIN03024XXXXX
ND:10/31/2002
1stFP: 12/05/2002
2ndFP: 06/15/2004
RFE: None

I live in Sanjose (California), and i filed from Nebraska Region, and i completed my first FP during May in Sanjose and I do not see any update so far... it's been more than 45 days, still there is no change in status message. I called to FBI they said they send the Details on same Day, even they said exact date when i did my Finger printing.

Thanks,
Shekar PC

Sriram1, I received FP2 from local service center(TSC) not NSC, unlike you. This also implies my FP1(done on 2/1/2003) has not reached NSC, otherwise I would have received FP2 letter from NSC instead of TSC. Just a guess...

You are one of the lucky guys, whose FP has reached the right place.
But, what about others ????

thanks,
- Flam
I-485 Nov, 2002

Yes, Its true FP results will go to INS based on location...

Hello All

FP Done at San Jose, CA
I-485 filed at NSC.

I called FBI, this morning to enquire about my FP results, they said they sent the results to CSC(Yes CSC) on the same day itself. I told the Rep. that it has to go NSC. The rep. replied that CSC will electronically send the results to NSC.

So we have to wait !

FP notice after 485 approved and passport stamped.

Weird. Both my and my wife I485 approved in the middle of May/2004. We have our passport stamped in early June. But each of us received 2 FP notices after that....; When I call 1-800-375-5283 after got the first "post" FP, the lady on the other side of the phone asked me to read the FP notice to her, when I read the middle part of the FP notice that says "PLEASE DISREGARD THIS NOTICE IF YOUR APPLICATION HAS ALREADY BEEN GRANTED", she stopped me said that is the answer to my question.
After I we received we received the 2nd "post" FP. I also found my case online status changed from "This case has been approved...." to "On xxx day we send a FP notice to you ...." while my wife and my daughter's case status are still "This case has been approved...."
I call 1-800-375-5283 again, a different lady pick up the phone, after talking to her supervise, she told me to make dicision my self either go FP or not...

Anybody fall into the same situation?

RD 04/02/2002
FP 04/18/2003
AD 05/14/2004

SRC-xxxx

Regarding FP, this thread has confused me more than ever. I am now doubting everything. One of you please post the FBI phone number here, I will call again and find out....

I just FBI and found out. According to FBI, the FP results were sent to CSC, since the FP were done in CSC region. Is this a lesson to us that we should not move from one region to another while I-485 is pending????

Team up and let us do something!

Guys:
I called the national customer service center about this and they have exactly the same status message about my case with what I see on line. Also they do not believe the finger print result could be sent to a different service center by mistake. So this confirmed that our finger print results are stuck in Texas service center by FBI’s mistake and no body take care of it. Also this eliminate the possibility of NSC received our results but the on line status have not updated yet. In another word, the on line status message is accurate. Now we can not just wait and pray, we need do something.
Both FBI and the national customer service center suggested me to let TSC to forward the result to NSC. Unfortunately I can not find any contact info for TSC except the following general response address from their web site. Any way, we have to try and make noise, let them know this is an issue. My suggestions are:

Call the customer service center telling them the situation
Call FBI asking them what to do? It is their fault.
Write letters to the following general response mail box.
Any other ways you can think of bring this as a bigger issue. If we team up and shout, some body might hear it and take some actions. Waiting is not the option at the moment.

Now we get different answers from different FBI reps. I think they just confort us by their imagination. So guys, go ahead do it. DO not wait.

No Status update - FBI number?

All,
My status has not changed from day 1 i.e. ND 08/02. I have done two FPs. 2nd FP was done on May,6 2004 still no status update. I live in NSC area and filed in NSC.

Could someone tell me the FBI number to call to find out FP results and name check. I am interested to find out what happened. Peach_of_mind - looks like you called FBI today. Could you give me the number?

thanks,
ssmk