Yes!!! There is a GOD!!

HaraPutta...

Now ur (nick)name os 'sakaratmak' (literally means so).

BTW, have u gone for stamping or have got it done already?

Do post.

StillWaiting...

CONGRATS MAN

enjoy it I am still in the endless waitin loop, but can imagine your joy. I feel as if I am in:

while (1 && waitingForI485) {
beFrustrated();
}

Bye.

now it makes me thinking that

the scripts we run like greenland report etc. don't have any credible result if they don't even update online after approval.
This makes those scripts output pretty much invalid.
Another way they have fooled us.
On the positive note: at least we are seeing some movement there, glad that your's have come through this maze.

ghee

You are right. I am still amazed as to how in the world my case made it all the way to the end of the tunnel. To be honest with you, I never expected to get my approval so **Soon**. It is ironic that I just termed fiver years of wait as SOON, but the fact of the matter is that there is so much going on at BCIS, even its own employees appear clueless to the simplest of questions.

When I first saw the letter from BCIS, I told myself "OOPS! here is second fingerprinting notice", as my fingerprints were going to expire pretty soon. I just received official copy of the approval from my lawyer.

Just hang in there, yours and rest of the gang's approvals are around the corner :)

God bless you all!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats haraputta. You are a free man now. Seems like BCIS is keeping stride with the President's awe & shock policy.:) :)

These script "Approvals", my guess is for the "Religious" category.

If I am not wrong, the AOS process for this group supposedly dies on 09/30.

And so this flurry of activity.

haraputta, curious here again

did you talk to the iio right after approval? I know it doesn't make any sense now because you have received official approval notice already and this is the end game. Did you talk to them right after you checked online and avm? I wonder even after that their record showed your 'received on' message! That could have been the worst thing that INS could ever offer to us!

Ghee

I have not talked to an IIO after the approval. The online status still says 'RFE Received'.

All hang in there... your approval is just around the corner...

Thanks.

Passport Stamping Done!!

Just got back from a 5-hour ordeal of passport stamping at local INS office, but those 5-hours felt like a breeze to me :)

The officer took my I-94, had me signed the I-551 form, and used my right hand index finger to take the fingerprints on the same form. She stamped my passport, validated the stamp for a year, and finally jotted my Alien Number on the same page.

She told me that I should give the actual card a year or more to arrive.

Sadiq, ghee, pork chop, M2001 and all others... any updates on ur cases?

Thanks.

haraputta,

nope nothing, rd of 2/1/02 so long long way to go. yours at Bloomington office, right? was the line pretty long? why took you that long, usually I have heard taking about 3 hrs.

Ghee

yepp.. Bloomington Office. The duration of wait varies from person to person and from day to day, but trust me I did not mind the wait a bit :)

Bloomington office, now a days, accepts only first 300 people every morning, so "Early bird gets the first worm" deal is in action there.

Thanks.

No change on my case: RD 12/18/01

I'm expecting a wait of 5-6 more months. Right now I need to get BCIS to schedule a 2nd fingerprinting appintment ASAP since mine occured on APril 2002.

rgds,
sadiq

RD: 12/18/01
ND: 12/26/01
AP Filed: 12/4/02

sadiq, did you

file AP in December? Have you heard anything? I am thinking of filing mine since it is expires on December. The bad thing about AP is that it never gets backdated. if you file early and gets approved then you get from the approval date not from the first AP expiration. Is this your second one?

Online and AVM statuses updated

Today my application status was updated on both AVM and BCIS status check site.

Just wanted to let you know that BCIS must have recently updated their records for consumers.

Thanks.