Yellow Letter received. However, have not yet received Fingerprint Notice

dvngpt

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have received yellow letter. However, so far I have not received Finger Print notice. My local office is either NYC or new office in Long Island.

Has any one had experience same situation?

My information is in my signatures

Thanks for your help.

Application Filed: 9/4/2010
Priority Date: 9/8/2010
NOA Received Date: 9/17/2010
Fingerprint Notice: Not yet received
Yellow Letter Received Date: 11/5/2010

First of all, are you talking about an N-400? N-400's don't have priority dates, they have filing dates which is USUALLY the date it is received in the mailroom with proper fee and signature. An improper filing can be rejected and a bounced check will make the FILING date change when payment is honored.

What does case status online say?

Did you recently get fingerprinted for immigration? Like a recent N-400 that got denied? Had any address changes? Does an earlier notice show in case status history that you don't remember getting?

Hi,

I have received yellow letter. However, so far I have not received Finger Print notice. My local office is either NYC or new office in Long Island.

Has any one had experience same situation?

My information is in my signatures

Thanks for your help.

Application Filed: 9/4/2010
Priority Date: 9/8/2010
NOA Received Date: 9/17/2010
Fingerprint Notice: Not yet received
Yellow Letter Received Date: 11/5/2010

Did you previously have any FPs done in the last 12-15 months?

Thank you all for reply. This is a N 400 application. Online status was last updated on 9/14/2010 and reflects the status as "Initial Review."

I don't had any biometric other than at the Port of Entry in the month of August on my return from India.

It's obviously for N-400.Key words are yellow letter,and FP.

That's incorrect. The NOA for N-400 has "priority date" listed on it.

Just because the government has repurposed some stock stationary does not mean that "priority date" has any meaning for an N-400. Priority dates do exist but have specific meaning for immigration purposes. USCIS is at fault for mislabelling those notices.

Under Title III of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), the application for naturalization is filed and eligibility determinations are based on the proper legal "filing date". This may be one of the sources of all those miscalculations that people are so often talking about. See INA 316(a) and 319(a) and you will read about requirements "...immediately preceeding the date of filing his application for naturalization..." The "filing" terminology dates back to when petitions for naturalization were actually filed as a formal legal court document in a U.S. District Court and other U.S. State and County Courts dating back to just after the Revolutionary War.

"Priority dates" are used in the allocation of immigrant visas and appear in Title II of the INA.

Priority Dates for Family Sponsored Preference Cases

For family sponsored immigration, the priority date is the date that the petition is properly filed with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). A properly filed petition contains the required signature(s), filing fee, and any supporting documentation required at the time of filing.

Priority Dates for Employment Based Preference Cases

The priority date for an immigrant petition that is based on employment is either:

The date the petition was properly filed with USCIS, or

The date the labor certification application was accepted for processing by the Department of Labor (when a labor certification is required)

Just because the government has repurposed some stock stationary does not mean that "priority date" has any meaning for an N-400. Priority dates do exist but have specific meaning for immigration purposes.
"Priority date" has different meaning for different immigration benefits.
Priority date in the context of the N-400 refers the date the application is received.
To state that N-400 don't have priority dates implies that the long held terminology used on this forum (and other forums) is incorrect.

Thank you all for reply. This is a N 400 application. Online status was last updated on 9/14/2010 and reflects the status as "Initial Review."

I don't had any biometric other than at the Port of Entry in the month of August on my return from India.

Schedule an Infopass to determine status of your FP.

"Priority date" has different meaning for different immigration benefits.
Priority date in the context of the N-400 refers the date the application is received.
To state that N-400 don't have priority dates implies that the long held terminology used on this forum (and other forums) is incorrect.

Yes, Bobsmyth, that is correct. That is exactly what I am saying. It is a misnomer. I blame USCIS for being sloppy about it.

The Adjudicating Officers know the distinctions, it is drilled into them in legal training before they ever touch an application or petition, and from being overturned on appeal when they are wrong (they don't want to be wrong again on the same thing). The paperpushers and computer programmers who design forms and computer application and systems do not understand immigration and nationality law and the customers suffer for it.

There are a lot of dates on an N-400. The date it is signed. The postmark date. The mailroom receipt date. The pre-populated data entry date. The date a check bounces and the date proper payment is received. Travel dates. Arrest dates and conviction dates, periods of probation and incarceration, for GMC. Then of course, there is the initial examination or interview date (which starts the 120 day clock). Finally the Oath date. OR in the alternative, the denial date. The N-336 filing deadline. The N-336 hearing date.

Different dates have different legal applications and different importance attached to them for specific purposes.

In the N-600 realm, numerous other dates come into play: child's LPR date, legitimation date, 16th, 18th or 21st birthdates, physical presence, residence (in the U.S.), divorce, legal vs. physical custody, marriage, adoption, and death dates. Effective dates and repeal dates (i.e. the Nationality charts).

The correct date is not a thing that can be easily dismissed, especially when you consider how bad we can be at math in this country or around the world.

Thank you for your indulgence. It feels good to vent sometimes.

Schedule an Infopass to determine status of your FP.

Thanks BobSmith, I made an infopass appointment for 11/19. I will update with the outcome of the meeting.

Thanks for your help.

Yesterday completed the Finger Printing. Now I understand that my Local office is Holtsville, NY. Has anyone has any experince at this new USCISC Local Office?