Yahoo!!! Recent RFE Case Approved!! Can\'t beleive it!!

vine

Registered Users (C)
Today when I checked my mail after several days, I saw couple of letters from INS. I thought it must be those screwed up fingerprints again. I had not checked my mail or AVM for a few days now). But to my most pleasant suprise - there they were - the APPROVAL letters(mine and wife\'s). I could not beleive it since I had just replied my RFE. Recent RFE ers hang in there.. your approvals are on your way..

Am soooooo happy...

I have a question. My passport in expiring in next March. Would it be better to get the stamping on the new passport? What is the procedure for renewing passport at Indian Consulate? Can I go in the morning and collect it by evening? Otherwise how long will it take?

Now for the recognitions...
This has been a place of great relief. And thanks to all the folks who are helping each other out. And special thanks to CIBA. You are awesome man.

Here is the link to the RFE tracking tool.

http://www25.brinkster.com/vineins/tracking.asp

Now here are my case details
WAC-01-145-XX
PD : 04/17/00 (EB2 RIR India)
RD : 03/08/01
ND : 03/30/01
FP : 08/17/01 (scheduled 8/24/01)
2nd FP : 09/7/01 (schedule 9/14/01 - duplicate - but did it as per lawyers advice - two early FPs may the reason for the RFE I speculate)
RFE : 10/12/01
RFE Replied : 11/01/01
Approved Date : 11/05/01 (Yes mere 4 days after RFE replied) (AVM updated also)

Once again thanks folks. This place has been a source of comfort during the immigration process. All in all it is not too bad.. the whole thing took slightly more than a year..

Good luck to all those waiting. Hope u get ur approvals without an RFE and for those with RFE.. don\'t worry folks.. u will get it soon. Cheers

vine
Ps: sorry for such a lengthy post... but am really happy... feels great to vent out the happiness...

Congratulations. Do you think Early FP may trigger RFE?

EVery one here understand how happy you must be. and we all would love to cheer with you.

Do you think doing early FP triggered RFE?

What kind of RFE it was?

thanks.

No Title

thanks...
I don\'t think normally early finger print would trigger RFE. But I did it twice ahead of schedule. So its possible that the officer looking at the case got suspicious. There are several theories on RFE such as old PD.. but I think it is a combination of factors plus your luck - most IIO are unsuspicous.. but some might be.. depends on your luck..
RFE was for 4 recent paystubs, 2 year W2s and employment verfication letter.

vine: congratulations! Happy for you.

About passport stamping, we\'re in the similar situation.
My husband\'s passport was expired several months ago. As we know, the passport should be valid for at least 6 months before stamping. So my husband took his passport to Chinese Consulate in SF for replacement. Fortunately he was told only extension is necessary because his passport has only expired for 5 months(

Jony lever, maggie99, Proactive..

Jony lever,
   Thanks. I work for a large corporation.

Maggie99,
   Thanks. This is really helpful That means I will have to renew my passport first.. will have to go down to SF.. Congratulations on your approval too..

Proactive,
   Thanks and good luck with your interview - you will be fine.

congratulations ---- SRS

vine, congratulations and Cheers.
I am happy for you.

Maggie, I thought always that you are a man and you are an indian. sorry for my off-the-subject remarks. just my thoughts. no offense please.

SRS

No Title

I happened to get the fingerprint notice twice like many others on this board (something wrong with the CSC FP computer system i would presume)

My lawyer adviced me to do the FP again as they said that it is imperative to the adjudication of our case...

but the thing is that both times I did it ahead of schedule which could have thrown off some alarm..

This is contradicting. Early FP doesn\'t seem to be casue for a RFE. I have

Seen several people getting approved with early FP. My lawyer once said the RFE is done randomly, they just pull a few cases and ask for evidence. There is no logic behind this, unless and untill something is very fishy in the application.

thanks
SVS2000
Done Early FP at SFO

Indian Passport Rules are also somewhat similar

I suppose it should be easy to get extension of passport.

Try at SFO Indian consulate.

nope ins received it on 11/01/01

My lawyer sent it by fedex on the 10/31. According to tracking info, it was delivered to INS on 11/01/01. yeah.. it was surprisingly fast considering that there was a weekend in between...