Wyoming SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
WY Labor processing transferrd to Dallas BEC

krishsur4GC said:
Hi BlessedOne

This is a surprising info, there were postings in this forum,who have filed during June-July timeframe that have been forwarded to Denver after state approval. Did your attorney got the letter stating that the file have been transferred to Dallas?.I have not seen about this the Denver DOL forum.

Keep us posted

kris

Krish / Kiran and All:
Sorry for this reply I am on vacation.
My labor was filed in WY in July 04 and got processed. Went to Denver for regional processing in Sep last week. This much is sure since I talked to Denver folks directly.
Then in November while I was intensely expecting for the federal processing to get completed in few days, my lawyer said all the cases starting October 1st are transferred to BEC in Dallas. He said my employer will receive a letter to this effect from state.
Employer did not received any letter so far and says the same what lawyer says. All that they know is every case starting october 1st is gone to Dallas. I tired explaining them my case is gone to federal in september last week.
I have too many questions here, and appreciate if any body helps explain:
1) Did anybody filed in July'04 experience the same pain? Transferred to dallas? Got letters?
2) Somebody suggested me to file labor thru another employer again in WY. He says its not ALL the cases goes to Dallas. WY and Denver still processing some cases they are receivind and thats why we see processing dates of these centers. If I am lucky second time I may get finished with labor in denver thats what he says...Is this right? Is this worth doing?
3) What is going on at BECs? Any latest info?
Namaste
BlessedOne

Hi BlessedOne,

Its interesting. How come these centers not following the rules? Same goes with the WY. They are supposed to forward unopened apps filed before Dec'2003 by Jan 1st'05 and remaining by Mar'2005. But i heard they are just sending everything to Dallas BEC by Jan 1st'05.

And also, what is the purpose of sending apps to dallas BEC from Denver? That is the last office in the order to approve the app. And they don't have a backlog to transfer some of it to a BEC. This is too much. No controlling authority and no questioning. Too bad.

If anyone knows more, please educate us on BEC role.

Kiran

Hi Kiran,BlessedOne,

I received an email from my attorney two days back, as per the attorney's email Wyoming SESA processed RIR application with Receipt Date until July 21,2004 as of Dec 31,2004. Which seems quite logical given the processing dates published by the processing date bulletin dated Dec.15,2004. While sending the query email to the attorney, I quoted the emails posted in the forum regarding Denver DOL forwarding to Dallas BEC, but the reply is so far the attorney's have not received any communication to this effect and maintained that Denver DOL(Federal) will continue to function till March 2005.

There are many confusing information going around, one is how come few of the applications with RD falling in July 2004 got processed so quickly from WY SESA and forwarded to Denver DOL as early as Sept-Oct 2004 while the rest took till end of Dec 2004.It cannot be a random event.

Everyyone verify with your respective attorney's about the status and please post the reply back to this forum for the benefit of all.

regards

kris
My application RD: July 16,2004

Hi Krishsur4GC,

So what is going on with your labor cert? Your date is before July 21, 2004. What did your attorney say about it? Does your appl moved to denver yet?

Kiran

Kiran,

I have asked about my application status, attorney mentioned that WY is not informing the employer after approval, waiting for the notification from Federal DOL.

Thanks

kris

Two years..? forget it. gonna take much more

http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html

01/07/2005: Prospects for Labor Certification Backlog Removal in Two Years

The DOL is currently working under the backlog reduction plan which targets to remove the entire backlog cases in two years. The backlog cases are estimated to far exceed 300,000. However, one wonders how the goal can be achieved by the two Backlog Processing Centers without a substantial number of those cases being swifted to the other two National Processing Centers. Logistically, unless such swift takes place, the works between the two Backlog Processing Centers (300,000+) and the two National Processing Centers (new PERM applications) may also turn out to be imbalanced with the resultant inefficient and ineffective use and management of available adjudication resources.
It appears that such swift must be achieved in the form of conversion of existing cases to the PERM cases. However, because of the ill-timed launch of the PERM program and extremely high risk embedded in the conversion requirements under the PERM Final Rule, one cannot expect a massive swift of cases from the Backlog Processing Centers to National Processing Centers. Ironically, the DOL is launching the PERM program at a time when the EB-3 visa numbers starts retrogressing. The retrogression of visa numbers places less weight and importance on prompt approval of labor certification applications than preservation of priority dates. Additionally, the FIFO rule of processing of backlog cases induces the oldest filers to hesitate to consider conversion of the pipeline cases to the PERM cases. Accordingly, it is most likely that those who consider the conversion will turn out to be recent filers when it comes to Indians, Chinese, and Philippines nationals.
On top of the ill-timed launch of the PERM program, the dead traps embedded in the conversion in terms of priority dates will lead to hesitation of a large number of backlog cases to file a conversion. In hindsight, the DOL should have liberalized the conversion opportunity which would guarantee preservation of the priority dates. The Final Rule moved towards the other direction.
Under the circumstances, DOL may have to require the National Processing Centers to participate in the backlog reduction works for effective utilization of resources as well as for assistance with the Backlog Processing Centers to manage the reduction of backlogs within certain period of time. The DOL would have achieved the transition and reorganization more smoothly from the two-tier system to the single-tier system, had it planned the timing of the PERM launch program appropriately and provided liberal opportunities for conversion in the Final Rule. Conversion would have allowed the DOL to remove some of those cases from 45 to 60 days, accelerating removal of backlog cases. Participation of the National Processing Center resources in the backlog reduction will involve the same protracted processing procedures which will be governed by the current labor certification rules and may turn out to add just number of resources to the backlog reduction workforces. Considering the fact that "six" Regional Certifying Offices had failed to remove the backlogs and piled up over 300,000 cases, one wonders how participation of the part of workforces of the National Processing Centers in the Backlog Processing Centers' cases would remove the mountain of backlogs in two years. We will watch closely how the operation of reengineering will unfold during the next two years.

make us code monkeys hang tight.. Backlog Reduc in 2 yrs? YA RIGHT!

http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html

01/07/2005: Prospects for Labor Certification Backlog Removal in Two Years

The DOL is currently working under the backlog reduction plan which targets to remove the entire backlog cases in two years. The backlog cases are estimated to far exceed 300,000. However, one wonders how the goal can be achieved by the two Backlog Processing Centers without a substantial number of those cases being swifted to the other two National Processing Centers. Logistically, unless such swift takes place, the works between the two Backlog Processing Centers (300,000+) and the two National Processing Centers (new PERM applications) may also turn out to be imbalanced with the resultant inefficient and ineffective use and management of available adjudication resources.
It appears that such swift must be achieved in the form of conversion of existing cases to the PERM cases. However, because of the ill-timed launch of the PERM program and extremely high risk embedded in the conversion requirements under the PERM Final Rule, one cannot expect a massive swift of cases from the Backlog Processing Centers to National Processing Centers. Ironically, the DOL is launching the PERM program at a time when the EB-3 visa numbers starts retrogressing. The retrogression of visa numbers places less weight and importance on prompt approval of labor certification applications than preservation of priority dates. Additionally, the FIFO rule of processing of backlog cases induces the oldest filers to hesitate to consider conversion of the pipeline cases to the PERM cases. Accordingly, it is most likely that those who consider the conversion will turn out to be recent filers when it comes to Indians, Chinese, and Philippines nationals.
On top of the ill-timed launch of the PERM program, the dead traps embedded in the conversion in terms of priority dates will lead to hesitation of a large number of backlog cases to file a conversion. In hindsight, the DOL should have liberalized the conversion opportunity which would guarantee preservation of the priority dates. The Final Rule moved towards the other direction.
Under the circumstances, DOL may have to require the National Processing Centers to participate in the backlog reduction works for effective utilization of resources as well as for assistance with the Backlog Processing Centers to manage the reduction of backlogs within certain period of time. The DOL would have achieved the transition and reorganization more smoothly from the two-tier system to the single-tier system, had it planned the timing of the PERM launch program appropriately and provided liberal opportunities for conversion in the Final Rule. Conversion would have allowed the DOL to remove some of those cases from 45 to 60 days, accelerating removal of backlog cases. Participation of the National Processing Center resources in the backlog reduction will involve the same protracted processing procedures which will be governed by the current labor certification rules and may turn out to add just number of resources to the backlog reduction workforces. Considering the fact that "six" Regional Certifying Offices had failed to remove the backlogs and piled up over 300,000 cases, one wonders how participation of the part of workforces of the National Processing Centers in the Backlog Processing Centers' cases would remove the mountain of backlogs in two years. We will watch closely how the operation of reengineering will unfold during the next two years.

Folks,

Heard from people that WY SESA is processing Aug 2nd applications. Its been confirmed that still all SESA approved apps are being forwarded to Denver and some complicated once out of them are forwarded to Dallas by Denver.

Keep your fingers crossed and hope that you don't have anything in your app, that forces Denver to send your case to Dallas. Because if that happens, you are in for a long ride.

Best Wishes,
Kiran

kiranvahaja said:
Folks,

Heard from people that WY SESA is processing Aug 2nd applications. Its been confirmed that still all SESA approved apps are being forwarded to Denver and some complicated once out of them are forwarded to Dallas by Denver.

Keep your fingers crossed and hope that you don't have anything in your app, that forces Denver to send your case to Dallas. Because if that happens, you are in for a long ride.

Best Wishes,
Kiran
Kiran,

You have given a very good news for the WY group people. Hope everyone's application gets approved thru' Denver.

regards

kris

November, 2004 WY filing

Hi everybody! Does anybody have any idea what would happen to my labor, which was filed on Nov 26th, 2004? Would it be taken care in WY itself, or would be moved to BEC, even for state?

Thanks in advance,
Sriraj9

Master Tracker

Hello all,

I am trying to create a master tracker that will help all of us determine where we all fall in the BEC queue.

My goal is to consolidate into a single tracker all pending labor certifications from all STATES and all DOLs.

This will help us in the long run to better understand how BECs will be processing our cases.

I have attached an empty tracker. I will return next Friday, February 11 to “pick it up”.

At that time I will merge all sub-trackers into a single one and post it in the DOL forums section.

I hope you find value in doing this and participate. If your forum has a tracker already, it would be great if someone volunteers and populates the tracker I have posted.

Since it will be hard for me to check all forums next week, if you have any questions, please send me a Private Message.

Thank you for your help

JustWatching

Guys,
I have a question. I think I know the answer but just would like to confirm.
Does the incremental 1-year extensions of H1-B if its been at least one year since applying for labor certification cover the spouse's H1-B if it expires (after 6 yrs) during thsi time? Or does it cover just the primary applicant?

Thanks

What’s happening in Wyoming SWA?

Can anyone throw some light about current processing date of LC in Wyoming?
My labor was filed on sept 21st 2004. Does any one get approved for the cases filed in last week of August 2004 from Wyoming SWA?

I know , they have to ship the cases filed in 2004 to Dallas Backlog Processing Center no later than 03/31/2005. Do they process till Last week of March and ship unopened cases to Dallas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,
My priority date is 1st oct. at WY sesa. If my case becomes currrent and is opened at WY say by third week of march will it be processed by denver for fed. approval? does anyone have an idea?

Thanks,
Anil

My Labor approved

Hi All,

I just got the news from my attorney that my Labor has been approved by Denver DOL :) . After a long wait I am feeling relieved now .

Here are my details

Application Type: RIR
Job type: IT
Category : EB2 (Based on my Job description and qualification given in my labor petiton , i.e Masters plus 3 years experience)
State Filed: Wyoming
State File Date: July 16,2004
Federal DOL: Denver
Date approved: Some time in March

Hope everyone get their approval sson before the Denver DOL is closed.

Good Luck to everyone

regards

kris

krishsur4GC said:
Hi All,

I just got the news from my attorney that my Labor has been approved by Denver DOL :) . After a long wait I am feeling relieved now .

Here are my details

Application Type: RIR
Job type: IT
Category : EB2 (Based on my Job description and qualification given in my labor petiton , i.e Masters plus 3 years experience)
State Filed: Wyoming
State File Date: July 16,2004
Federal DOL: Denver
Date approved: Some time in March

Hope everyone get their approval sson before the Denver DOL is closed.

Good Luck to everyone

regards

kris
Congrats! All the best.

Appreciate, if let us know when was your application was sent to Denver from Wyoming?

Gc_puli said:
Congrats! All the best.

Appreciate, if let us know when was your application was sent to Denver from Wyoming?
Hi GC_Pulli,

I am not sure when it was approved by Wyoming SESA and sent to Denver DOL.But based on my conversation with my employer, it looks like it was approved sometime in the last week of December and probably received by Denver DOL in early January 2005.

regards

kris

Status
Not open for further replies.