Wrong place of birth on green card

karissa2000

Registered Users (C)
I finally received my greencard on September 19 but they had the wrong info. I was born in ST vincent but was raised in Trinidad, so on the card they put my place of birth as Trinidad instead of St. Vincent. So I filed form I190 and sent it back on the 20th so I was wonderign how long approximately it would take before I receive my new card.

karissa2000 said:
I finally received my greencard on September 19 but they had the wrong info. I was born in ST vincent but was raised in Trinidad, so on the card they put my place of birth as Trinidad instead of St. Vincent. So I filed form I190 and sent it back on the 20th so I was wonderign how long approximately it would take before I receive my new card.

it may take 6 months, update the thread when you get reciept or the correct card.

where did you sent the I-90 or Card?
name of service center?

Hi, i have the same problem with my greencard. i received my card in late august, but they put 'taiwan' as my country of birth instead of 'china'. i need to go back to china this winter, so i decide not to submit i-90 application until i come back next january.

please keep us updated on your case. many thanks!

Received my new green card (removed the condition) in July of last year with an incorrect country of birth. E-filed to correct this, still have not received the corrected card.

In the mean time, I have been getting extension stamps from the DO while waiting for it. No sign of anything coming.

Also, in the mean time, I applied for naturalization - interview tomorrow. Looks like my GC correction files have gotten stuck somewhere.

Sure you can - they actually suggested that when I told them it was incorrect (perhaps that was a bad advice :confused: ). I e-filed the I-90 to some lockbox and then was requested to mail additional information.

I mailed the additional information in December of last year - nothing yet.

And the worst thing is that it is clear as day what the error was - I even got a letter from USCIS admitting the error and that I would receive the corrected card (that was in April of this year).

I finally got my ntoice. It was dated November 28 and I received it December 4th. It basically says that they received my petition and that I would be receiving my replacement card in about 2 to 3 weeks. So i will remaim waiting patiently.

I received an online update today stating that my card was ordered on December 7th and it was mailed out on December 11th. So hopefully I will be receiving my new card soon.

I got my greencard on December 12th. Not bad...... but guess what? They sent back the card with the same error. It's like they sent back the very same card to me. I cant believe this. I am not even going to bother sending it back to them a second time. I am going to just wait until its time to remove my conditions or for when I apply for citizenship and hopefully get the changes done then.

I have the same problem. They put in USA as my country of birth instead of Philippines. Isn't that funny? If so, then I wouldn't have to go through the process... The card was issued after the conditions were removed -- married a US citizen. I received it on Oct. 23 and mailed it back on the 25th. Until now I haven't heard anything from them... not even a letter.

I sent mine to Lee's summit on Oct 16th and got my corrected green card on Dec 30th. Note, however that, USCIS will not send you any receipt or acknowledgement for the I-90 (d) and if you call the 1-800 number for case status, they will tell you that you cannot make an enquiry until 180 days have elapsed.

Card Received Today

Corrected Green Card received today. When I read some of the replies to this thread, they gave me an idea on how long the waiting period is from the day the card was mailed to the day corrected card was received -- average of 1 to 2 months. When 2 months have passed, I decided to contact the Office of Representative in my district (1 1/2 weeks ago) -- I have sought help with them once when my Conditional Green Card did not arrive in the mail within 3 months.

I'm in the same boat. Can I just use the card that has the wroing Place of birth and not doing anything? I'm tired of waiting.

Hi,
I have similar problem with my conditional GC. Everything is correct except my country of birth.

My questions are:
1. Is it okay to use/carry my GC?
2. Can I afford to wait until July 2008 when I file for removal of condition?

Thank you,
jimmy