Wrong Date of Birth

patienceGC

Registered Users (C)
Hello what happens if the DOB on govt. certificate is different?

My parents used a wrong DOB to get me into a school early. Now the govt certificate has a diff DOB from my other records.

What can I do?

What is DoB on your passport?

Is it different from DoB on your DoB Certificate? If that\'s case then you can apply for non-availability certificate for passport DoB.

* Disclaimer - Use at your own risk. I am NOT a lawyer *

All DOBs are same except for the one on the official certificate

PP, School Certificate, Licence all have the same DOB as that on the 485. Only this crappy govt. certificate is different

Come on!! Does it make sense to think that it is NOT the same!!?

Ofcourse, when you\'re saying the DOB on passport or anything as a matter of fact, it means that it is your actual birthday. If not, it has to match with the Govt\'s acutual DOB certificate.

I would recommend getting 2 affidavits of birth from your parents or relatives and a non-availability certificate (i know it is difficult to get it since you already have birth certificate, but you have to get it!) from govt designee.

Alternative to the non availability cert in your case...

You could make the affidavits to mention that the DOB in govt. certificate is wrong. Attach the govt. certificate and the affidavits (which should clearly agree with the dates in other certs).
Hope I am not implying you to lie:))

try this

Some lawyers accept consular birth certificates; but mine wanted the original birth cert w/ affidavits from parents stating that date on the cert is wrong. They also asked me for a copy of the school cert.