• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Wrong Birth Date !!!

MAHEMA

Hi All,

In the case that the Applicant who registered in dv2009,
they submitted in wrong birth date. For example,
she's born in June but she wrongly used July in Entry Period. After then she win the lottery.
- What should she do if all her documents (Diploma, Birth Certificate, Passport,...) show that she's born in June ?
- Does she have to correct all of them or other ways ?

Please Comment ................

Given the wrong DOB in the electronic application will most likely ending in a denial of the visa.

Thank Tazmania,

So, How we can do with this case ? Does she really meet the denial of Visa at interview time ? Does she have a way to solve this error ?
I think we still have solutions to crack this issues. But I don't know what way.

Please comment...

So, How we can do with this case ? Does she really meet the denial of Visa at interview time ?
Most likely

Does she have a way to solve this error ?
I think we still have solutions to crack this issues. But I don't know what way.
It is easy. She needs the DOB in birth certificate to be the same as in electronic form. The BC needs to be issued before the winning notification was printed.

Those requirements are used to prevent fraud. They suspect you send duplicate entries with different DOBs. Either you have to prove you used only one entry (there is no way to prove it), or your personal data, issued BEFORE the notification was printed, should match the electronic form

Thank Raevsky,

I think Raevsky's Idea can be acceptable. She need to adjust all her personal data (DOB) the same as Electronic Form. Right or Wrong ?

Please Comment.....................................

Do you really think the officials will give her a faked birth certificate? BTW, about which country we are talking?

MAHEMA, this is a serious mistake, but I don't think it is fatal. I am assuming that all other information (including photos, spouse, children, etc) on your entry form is 100% complete and correct.

Write your real, correct date of birth on all forms that you send to KCC. Include a short note explaining that you made a mistake in the online form, and that it was unintentional.

DO NOT try to obtain forged birth certificates, passports, and diplomas, and do not go to the consulate with forged documents. This is not called "adjusting personal data" - it is forgery and lying to the US consulate. It is very likely they will find out, and you will be banned for life from the US.

Really bad advice by raevsky here - I don't know if he's trying to get people in trouble on purpose, or what.

Last edited by a moderator:
MAHEMA, here is some general life advice, in case you make it to the US.

You have to change your attitude towards lying and cheating. Especially do not lie to the government.

This is difficult to believe for many people who come from poor countries, but you will be more successful and have a better life if you stay honest and play by the rules.

Good luck!

I assume the mistake is of the form

June 10 1980 vs. July 10 1980

Is this it, or is the mistake more complicated?

Those requirements are used to prevent fraud. They suspect you send duplicate entries with different DOBs. Either you have to prove you used only one entry (there is no way to prove it), or your personal data, issued BEFORE the notification was printed, should match the electronic form

raevsky makes an interesting point. Actually a very interesting point! If someone made a mistake with their birth month (12 times) they can in theory increase their odds (12 times). Thats why am kinda thinking that the date of birth issue could be a major problem.

And am guessing Mr. reavsky was kidding about the other thing.

Something else to consider:
If they go to their interview and have their visa app denied on suscpition of fraud, they could get permanently bared from the US. This is a tough call.

raevsky makes an interesting point. Actually a very interesting point! If someone made a mistake with their birth month (12 times) they can in theory increase their odds (12 times). Thats why am kinda thinking that the date of birth issue could be a major problem.

Right, but there are many other fields in the application - place of birth, middle name, spouse, children, photo.

If the mistake is only in the month, and the day and year are correct, and everything else on the application is 100% correct, I think they have a good chance.

Definitely embassies in the xUSSR and certain developing countries will be looking very very closely at this.

Something else to consider:
If they go to their interview and have their visa app denied on suscpition of fraud, they could get permanently bared from the US. This is a tough call.

Definitely.

Most consulates have anti-fraud units that specialize in documents from their local area, and are very familiar with how documents should look and which local authorities to contact to verify documents against official records.

Just yesterday I was shown a denial case from Uzbekistan (consulate in Tashkent) where the winner showed the consul a passport and a birth certificate, both issued after they received the winning notification, with the same DOB (same as in electronic form), and a military record, issued several years before that, with a different DOB. The consul denied the visa application because of changes in biographical data.

I guess it is easy in Uzbekistan to change DOB in certain documents.
I was just under the influence of that case and I just said that documents (BC and passport) issued after the winning notification might indicate a serious problem. While documents, issued before the notification was sent, are more reliable (that could depend on the country though)

Do you really think the officials will give her a faked birth certificate?
That depends on the country. A lot of fraud is involved, and officials frequently issue fake documents and even backdated fake documents.

http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d071174.pdf

Consular officers at 6 posts reported that widespread use of fake documents, such as birth certificates, marriage certificates, and passports, presented challenges when verifying the identities of applicants and dependents.
Cables from the U.S. embassy in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, to State headquarters reported that fraudulent DV couples go to great lengths to try to prove their relationship is legitimate, including backdated marriage certificates and staged wedding photographs, and some even incur pregnancies for the sake of the visa. Consular officers at six of the posts reviewed—Accra, Addis Ababa, Dhaka, Kathmandu, Lagos, and Warsaw—reported that the availability of fake documents, or genuine documents with false information, such as birth certificates, marriage certificates, and passports, presented significant challenges when verifying DV applicants’ identities and the relationship between the principal DV applicants and their spouse and dependents.

Consular officers in Accra, Dhaka, and Lagos noted that many applicants did not have birth certificates prior to their DV application and only procured them for the purpose of their DV application. These officers believed that some may have obtained birth certificates with fraudulent information.

According to officers in Addis Ababa, Accra, and Lagos, applicants engaging in sham marriages rely on backdated marriage certificates, fake supporting documentation, and staged wedding pictures to try to prove their marriage is legitimate. An officer in Accra said that the prevalence of customary marriages in Ghana, in which there is no official documentation of the union, complicates matters since even legitimate couples may only acquire a marriage certificate after winning the DV lottery.

Hi All,

In the case that the Applicant who registered in dv2009,
they submitted in wrong birth date. For example,
she's born in June but she wrongly used July in Entry Period. After then she win the lottery.
- What should she do if all her documents (Diploma, Birth Certificate, Passport,...) show that she's born in June ?
- Does she have to correct all of them or other ways ?

Please Comment ................
Hy mahema did you solve your case? If yes how did you do? Please explain