Would it be better to upgrade petition to F-1 or stay in 2A?

chills

Registered Users (C)
Which one looks to be faster? From the bulletin board it looks like the f-1 preference is running behind the 2A.

What do you guys think? I'm going to talk to an attorney about this, but if I can get good responses on here, it wouldn't hurt.

Last edited by a moderator:
chills said:
Seems like I can't any help on here. I don't get it.

Sorry there aren't lots of people with nothing better to do on a long weekend Saturday night than answer your questions. :rolleyes:

Besides, it's not like one can jump easily between FB1 and FB2 without someone getting naturalized.

Right, I wouldn't have asked if I wasn't in the position to be able to jump to f-1.

I'm just saying, I see people replying to others on here yet I've posted 2 threads here and have only gotten 1 reply on either. I reply to others on here all the time when I have information regarding their question.

Immigration is a serious issue that affects people's lives. And so, even if I have things to do, I'm going to take my own time out to try to help people

Chills,I think I answer this question before on ILW.If your mom become citizen then she will have to notify NVC and if you are over age then you cannot be under 2A petition.Try to understand this even if your was still a green card holder and as you are above 21 yrs then your petition would have become F2B but as you say she naturalized then you will become F1.By the way how are you and your fiancee doing these days?Still thinking of going to her country?Hope not.

Yeah, I'm still thinking about it. It's killing me. I want this process to speed up. You can't give up on someone like that.

As far as me dropping to 2b, it wouldn't happen because of the AGE out law that President Bush signed in April of 2002. This law stops people from dropping in preference because they turned 21 during the process of them waiting for their petitions to be approved. This applies to me. Also, I'd have the option to request to stay in 2a in the law.

I'm just unsure of which one is faster. I've been looking at the archives of the bulletin's and this year has been the weirdest. Never has the priority dates retrogessed like this. This has been happening for nearly 7 months now that it's been going back. It's never been like this. October is supposed to bring a change, let's hope that's a jump from March to like May or June of 02.

Last edited by a moderator: