Working part time with different company

kapsy30

Registered Users (C)
I got an idea and a question too.
Say I am working for company A and they have filed I140 and is pending, i filed i485/765/131 myself based on the pending I140. I am still working for the company on H1B 8th year extension.
Since I have an approved EAD from the company can I work for my sponsor company on H1 and use EAD to do some part time work with company B make some extra dough. How risky is ti ?
Say I140 gets denied ? but since I am still with the same company on H1 will i be in trouble.???

On the safe side Company B is applying for I140 based on approved PERM.
Say down the line I140 gets denied but new I140 by company B gets approved, I can join them based on H1 transfer from company A to company B??

Just a thought as i am in a situation where I am losing lots of money and i don't want to since its all my hardwork.

If you use the EAD for part or full time with company A, B or even C you will lose your H visa status from any sposnor and you will not be H anymore. And if you use your EAD any where you should update your status (W-9) with all employers, if not, you will be violating the immigration law and will jeoperdize your current or any future GC application.

What will I need to do if my I140 & I485 gets denied, Since I485 gets denied so EAD gets denied too. So do I file for her H4 again.

Thanks

What will I need to do if my I140 & I485 gets denied, Since I485 gets denied so EAD gets denied too. So do I file for her H4 again.

Thanks

I think you do not have to file new petition H4 for her, I believe there is no way to get H status back from the AOS being in US.

She must leave US and apply for H4 visa (with your original petition) in the foreign US consulate or in your original country.