working part time (not similar/petty) jobs on EAD (<180)

GC is based on permanent job

As far as I know, GC is based on permanent job....
Good luck.

Any thoughts on this

Can anyone suggest if it\'s ok to do a part time petty jobs (sort of McDonald)using EAD while continuing to work for sponsoring employer?

i think u can

Its ok as long as second job is not full time and you still maintain the primary job (thru which ur employer based petition is filed).

Give me a break

GC is for a future job. H1 & EAD are for current job. H1 restricts to work for a particular employer and for a particular position where EAD permits you to work to any employer/any job incl. Pizza delivery.

The catch is the sponsor should give an employment letter stating thay the company is willing to hire for the stated position on approval of GC.One need not work for sponsor at all. For that matter you need not be even stay in this country until GC is approved.
 It does not matter what you do on EAD.

Post AC21 removed even the above hurdle if AOS took more than 6 months. However if you want to use the portability then you have to work in the same field.

and ours is a Emplyment Based category : means Labor dept. certified that we dont steal jobs of othe

and by giving g.c we promote the economy of the country by working or slogging our heads in the highly paid and risk oriented jobs .
Now what message we give if you work petty jobs (I am not against this) , I dont know , this is just a analysis

Thx all - Petty jobs, Not out of genuine interest, Forced, no contract!!

Thanks to all inputs on the subject. Fully understood your ideas, however, let me be clear on the topic: Petty jobs, Not out of genuine interest, Forced, no contract, no pay!!(just existing on FT job on GC sposnor)(no, i don\'t want to steal small jobs...like to contribute as \'ctgreen98\' mentioned..now a little too uncontextual for me , isn\'t it?

Have some vacation hours (kept in reserve for a pay check for possible RFE, if worst happens?)

For no fault of mine,my contract was over abruptly. Almost 3 months, tried everything i could, inch close a 6 figure FT job, outplaced by a citizen guy nth hour, now talking abt $6/h job..wow, what a transformation, proud of myself?? ashamed of ...

Don\'t know what to do now, need the same kind of resources (like this portal) to share info, model others strategies to get a job..i am surprised to read some posts of finding new jobs at this time.

I can only wish things get better for me and to all of you in general!!

maald !!

Hey I\'m quite sure that u can work on any part time job on your EAD. In fact , legally , You can work for any employer in the US on your EAD , however it is better to work part time to be on the safe side.

don\'t worry, i think a lot of people (and i know some of them) are in the same position as you and have been working part time jobs. If you have an EAD then its easier to work at a Mall or 24/7 super shopping mall , specially if you can get night hours. there might be other better options too , depending on where ur located. A lot of s/w guys work at gas stations too , but that doesn\'t give one the time to look for
projects and jobs etc..

i think its a matter of luck to be on a project or not and i hope you get one soon.

cheer up, Its still worth living ...

Hello Mr AIndian -:) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) for your compliments any way and however that does not belong to me. I just happened to quote what I read/consulted with Attorney\'s(More than 3 and I paid $150 or more per consultation). I will pass on your compliments to them.
BTW Right from the beginning I am working for Company X in sate Y. I had two labors & 2 140s. One form my H1 sponsor and second from Comapny A in state Z. I applied AOS thru company A for which I never worked(but the labor & 140 was cleared much faster because of different state). Still I work for my H1 sponsor ofcourse using EAD.

I thought of filing CP for the 140 done by my company but my attorney advised not to do so stating that that will jeoparadise both.
So I refrained. But Sheela Murthy says I can.

Also not that I did not relese guide lines and merely stated what AC21 says. I wish to reinforce that even Pre AC21 did not require yoy to work for GC sponsor until you get GC. Consult an Attornry.

:) Here are some answers.

1. During AOS I-864 is the proper form technically. But only US immigrants or citizens can file that. An AOS applicant who is the pricpal beneficiary is not yet a GC holder. So often, they are asked to file I-134.

2. Unrestricted EAD: GC is always for a future job. Where you are working currently should be irrelevant.

3. AC 21 is fairly clear so far.
I hope that helps :)