Working in India and Expecting Canadian Citizenship

danarun

I am currently working in India and I expect to get my Canadian passport in the next couple of months.

This is my first job and I won't be able to take too much time off and I am worried about how I am going to re-enter India. I understand that the processing time for the OCI is 3-4 months and 2-4 weeks for the PIO.

Apart from applying for the PIO while I'm in Canada and taking about 3 weeks off, what are my options?

Can I, theoretically speaking, apply for an OCI while I'm in India, on a Visit Visa?

Thanks.

I am currently working in India and I expect to get my Canadian passport in the next couple of months.

This is my first job and I won't be able to take too much time off and I am worried about how I am going to re-enter India. I understand that the processing time for the OCI is 3-4 months and 2-4 weeks for the PIO.

Apart from applying for the PIO while I'm in Canada and taking about 3 weeks off, what are my options?

Can I, theoretically speaking, apply for an OCI while I'm in India, on a Visit Visa?

Thanks.

Get Entry visa for India then apply for OCI
OR
Best option get PIO while in Canada and then apply for OCI from India.

Question- I am in same situation...canadian citizen but working in India. Can you plz tell me if you mailed your canadian passport along with your application for u-visa stamping? Thx