Working in Different Place from where LC is obtained

sk999

Registered Users (C)
My company is in NJ and they file H1 from that state for all. I got project in Florida and am working there. Will there be any problem when I go to H1B stamping with pay checks addressed to Florida while my LC was from NJ? I guess this is the way for most of us working as consultants. Can this difference be a reason for rejecting visa? I have all my pay stubs for the past 11 months (3 from H1 and rest from OPT) w-2 forms for the past 2 years from my school

sk999 said:
My company is in NJ and they file H1 from that state for all.
I got project in Florida and am working there.
--- I think your employer needs new LCA for you for your work location
Will there be any problem when I go to H1B stamping with pay checks addressed to Florida while my LC was from NJ?
--- what do you meany by LC?? LC is filed for GC and LCA is for H1B
I guess this is the way for most of us working as consultants. Can this difference be a reason for rejecting visa? I have all my pay stubs for the past 11 months (3 from H1 and rest from OPT) w-2 forms for the past 2 years from my school

Yes, I mean LCA. Should my empolyer have to file new LCA. Per my understanding my employer has got TAX ID in the state am working. My main concern is can this be an issue when I got to stamping?

sk999 said:
Yes, I mean LCA. Should my empolyer have to file new LCA.
---- YES ,talk to your employer or lawyer

Per my understanding my employer has got TAX ID in the state am working. My main concern is can this be an issue when I got to stamping?

Different state LC and payroll

Hello,

My company is based in X state and currently my project is in Y state. Initially I was paying taxes for X state but then I requested my employer to change it to Y state itself. So now I am living for in Y state, paying taxes for it but my company is in X state.
I have started my GC ....initial stage LC from X state...what are my chance of it getting approved also how may this effect my 140 and 480...my state labor has already cleard for X state and now its in federal .....any advice is helpful.....Thanks.

sk999 said:
My company is in NJ and they file H1 from that state for all. I got project in Florida and am working there. Will there be any problem when I go to H1B stamping with pay checks addressed to Florida while my LC was from NJ? I guess this is the way for most of us working as consultants. Can this difference be a reason for rejecting visa? I have all my pay stubs for the past 11 months (3 from H1 and rest from OPT) w-2 forms for the past 2 years from my school

law requires your employer to provide a copy of the lca to its employees in h1 status. lca is specific to specified geographic locations - can be city or state or region or entire continental usa. most like your consulting firm/employer would have lca applicable to entire usa due to software consulting practice. get the copy of your lca or check it under region. if it states your current location or entire usa or unanticipated location in usa then you should be fine. else consult with your employer and attorney before departing usa.