Working for more than one employee on EAD

hanmanthr

Registered Users (C)
I have an EAD from my current employer as part of I-485 filing. Can I use that EAD to work part-time for another employer in a similar job category. If I can work, can I work on W-2 as well as 1099? Are there any restrictions?

Originally posted by hanmanthr
I have an EAD from my current employer as part of I-485 filing. Can I use that EAD to work part-time for another employer in a similar job category. If I can work, can I work on W-2 as well as 1099? Are there any restrictions?

On an EAD, you can work for whoever you want, whenever you want, however you want, doing whatever you want. :)

With EAD you could have any temp/part time jobs but you MUST have one full time job and this job must be similar to the position you had applied for labour clearance.

Ak2003

I think what you say is not strictly correct. As TheRealCanadian says, an EAD lets you do any work you want, including the option of not working at all. Of course, to be eligible for I485 approval, the primary applicant must have a job, or at least a job offer, relating to the labor certification. However, this is totally separate from the EAD. Indeed, it is quite likely that one will get EADs for dependents which they then may or may not use. One does not need a job to maintain the validity of an EAD.

I guess i missed that one... i should have mention that what i said was applicable only for the primary applicant who is looking forward for I485 approval.

Sorry for the confusion.