Work abroad for new employer after 485 filing

abc1980

Registered Users (C)
Senior members & Experts , please clarify on this issue

1. I'm AOS aplicant currently working with company X in US and planning to go to abroad and work for other employer Y for 1 year in abroad. Once I come back to US ,can i join with employer X on H1B and continue with GC processing?

If above can't be done

2. Assuming I withdraw my 485,so i will on H1B status. If H1B applicant currently working with company X in US and work for other employer Y for 1 year in abroad. Once I come back to US ,can i join with employer X on H1B and later continue with GC processing? - or H1B status abandon as soon as i change employment in Abroad

Please provide your suggestions

Senior members & Experts , please clarify on this issue

1. I'm AOS aplicant currently working with company X in US and planning to go to abroad and work for other employer Y for 1 year in abroad. Once I come back to US ,can i join with employer X on H1B and continue with GC processing?
------------------------------------ YES if the X dont revoke your I-140 and you have valid H1B for X and X have job for you.
If above can't be done

2. Assuming I withdraw my 485,so i will on H1B status.
-------------------why to withdraw I-485? to be on H1 status you need to be in US on H1. dont mix H1B with I-485
If H1B applicant currently working with company X in US and work for other employer Y for 1 year in abroad.

Once I come back to US ,can i join with employer X on H1B and later continue with GC processing?
------------------------ Yes if you have H1B of employer X and employer X has job for you and you have Valid Visa stamp to enter US

- or H1B status abandon as soon as i change employment in Abroad
----------------------------one is on H1 status in US and when you are out of US you are not on H1 status.
Please provide your suggestions

why not to post info:
I-140 approved or not
EB3 or Eb2
I-485 filing date

Thanks ginnu. Here the requested information.
1140 is approved.it's EB3 and filing date is 07-08-2007. and I'm single i can't get into EAD staus because i will not be able to bring would be on H4. So I need to maintain status

Here is my situataion
I need to go abroad and work for another employer Y for a year and the join back employer X.

How to safeguard my H1B as well GC. ( Will there be any question leaving current employer and then working for another employer in abroad)

Leaving country would cause abandoning AOS status ?

Thanks ginnu.

Here the requested information.
1140 is approved.it's EB3 and filing date is 07-08-2007.
-----------------EB3 and if you belong to India I dont expect I-485 approval in one year.
and I'm single i can't get into EAD staus because i will not be able to bring would be on H4. So I need to maintain status
-------------------------you can be on H1 status while you are in US and your spouse can get H4 visa stamp based on your H1 status.
Here is my situataion
I need to go abroad and work for another employer Y for a year and the join back employer X.
-------------------------while you go out of US to work with Y you will not be on H1 status.
How to safeguard my H1B as well GC. ( Will there be any question leaving current employer and then working for another employer in abroad)
--------------------------GC is for future job
Leaving country would cause abandoning AOS status ?
----------------no problem with I-485 if you go out. but to come back you will need H1 stamp and I dont know till what date you have H1B visa stamp valid.
-----------------------