Wor & dv-2012

travelusa2010

Registered Users (C)
Hoping that users frequenting the asylum forum can provide further insight.

I won the DV-2012 lottery, and am currently living in the United States under Withholding of Removal (WOR), which was granted by an immigration judge. I meet all the necessary requirements (education, work, criminal) in the application for the DV.

I am confused on how to adjust status when I was granted WOR? I've contacted multiple lawyers in my area and all say I must reopen my immigration case and have the judge allow adjustment of status (they're also asking for thousands of $$$). Does this sound right?

I would be very thankful if anybody can offer insight on this.

It is generally correct. You need legal representation to pull this off. I know the fees suck but pay it unless you want to jeopardize your green card.

i still didn't hear anything about my selection cus i registered with an organization who has my confirmation number...i called them and they said i hv to wait for them to call me if i'm selected or not.....i can't wait anymore.....i regreted registering with them...come next dv 2013 i will register on my own and hold my confirmation number with me......still hoping to hear a good news from them since it's not late to give up.........may God smoothing the processing and the interview for those of u selected....God loves all........

i still didn't hear anything about my selection cus i registered with an organization who has my confirmation number...i called them and they said i hv to wait for them to call me if i'm selected or not.....i can't wait anymore.....i regreted registering with them...come next dv 2013 i will register on my own and hold my confirmation number with me......still hoping to hear a good news from them since it's not late to give up.........may God smoothing the processing and the interview for those of u selected....God loves all........from Ghana