• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

WON the DV2014 but have problem

kirolos

With the blessing of god I won the lottery, and I have under my application
my son, wife, and my daughter.

My daughter name is wrong in the DV application. her name in the application is Mira it should be Mariam

Is that would affect my eligibility ??
Shall I change her birth certificate name to Mira ??

anyone knows ??

Thanks ..

My daughter name is wrong in the DV application. her name in the application is Mira it should be Mariam

anyone knows ??

Thanks ..

No, you do not change the birth certificate. You simply write the correct name on the forms you submit to the KCC.

You'll have to explain the discrepancy at the interview. Why did you write the wrong name down?

anyone knows ??

Thanks ..

Congratulations on your selection for DV2014.

Do NOT change the birth certificate because it is an original document and you must present this at the embassy during your interview.

What kirolos says is correct i.e. put the correct name on DS-230 I & II and at the time of the interview if they ask why the name is different be honest and tell them that you made a mistake and hopefully they won't have a problem with it.

Common mistakes people make are that at the time of entry in October they put in different information and at DS-230 I & II they put different information and the KCC wants consistency of information otherwise it raises questions.

anyone knows ??

Thanks ..
u have noting to worry about , write the correct name on the form u will b sending bak to kcc, dy undastand typing error.
Congrat

anyone knows ??

Thanks ..

@kirolos
which country are you from?
thks

DV-2014 is the first year when the spelling of the name is mandatory, the same as in the passport. Did she have a passport? Is her birth certificate in cyrillic?

anyone knows ??

Thanks ..

Is Mira like her nickname? or just the name everybody's been calling her instead of Mariam? It's not unusual for people to have nicknames. You could explain it that way - at the time of your application you naturally entered 'Mira' because that's what everyone calls her and you didn't think properly about it. An honest mistake. I think that sounds more believable than saying it was a typo - usually a typo is one letter or number messed up or transposed, not several. Write her official name on the forms you will send in soon.

Is Mira like her nickname? or just the name everybody's been calling her instead of Mariam? It's not unusual for people to have nicknames. You could explain it that way - at the time of your application you naturally entered 'Mira' because that's what everyone calls her and you didn't think properly about it. An honest mistake. I think that sounds more believable than saying it was a typo - usually a typo is one letter or number messed up or transposed, not several. Write her official name on the forms you will send in soon.

+1 :) Precisely what I would have suggested.