• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

won from Sudan, 2017AF00025xxx

Im really interested in IV holders, whose visas expire within the 90 day window. What happens to this group?

I hope they can get back to US soon, i have 2 of my closer friends and they came only to finish some tasks in our company and return back to their family in US, but they stuck here in also KSA.

Im really interested in IV holders, whose visas expire within the 90 day window. What happens to this group?

That's an excellent question. Usually it's "your fault" if the DV expires unused and you cannot get new visas, but in this case it wouldn't be the applicant's fault - so hopefully the embassies would be directed to issue new visas for these people.
(Other IV holders usually have an avenue anyway to get new visas if existing ones expire.)

I hope they can get back to US soon, i have 2 of my closer friends and they came only to finish some tasks in our company and return back to their family in US, but they stuck here in also KSA.

If they have green cards they will be ok. If they have other visas - like H1 - suggest they contact attorneys.

That's an excellent question. Usually it's "your fault" if the DV expires unused and you cannot get new visas, but in this case it wouldn't be the applicant's fault - so hopefully the embassies would be directed to issue new visas for these people.
(Other IV holders usually have an avenue anyway to get new visas if existing ones expire.)

I have asked a few people to ask the question to the embassy. So far the embassies don't seem to have a clear answer. I assume it will take a few days to develop a policy about this...

Yup sure after some time we wll get final answer, the issue my interview after 8 days!! many of my friend suggest to go normally for the interview and ask them there about our situation, really its confused specially after lost alot of time and money as well for prepping!!

Yup sure after some time we wll get final answer, the issue my interview after 8 days!! many of my friend suggest to go normally for the interview and ask them there about our situation, really its confused specially after lost alot of time and money as well for prepping!!

The link specifically tells you not to go until you get a further notification from KCC.

Now i received bellow email :(:(

Dear Diversity Visa Program Selectee:
Pursuant to the Executive Order signed by President Trump on January 27, the Department of State has temporarily stopped scheduling appointments and halted processing of Diversity Visa applications for individuals who are nationals or dual nationals of Syria, Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, and Yemen.
The Kentucky Consular Center has identified your Diversity Visa case as subject to the Executive Order.

:(:(:(

Thanks god anyway we have lived the dream.:):):)

Hopefully the "temporary" nature is just that. Still hoping it resumes well before the end of the FY. Don't give up hope!

There is a slight chance after 90 days something will happened.
Some Filaments of light at the end of the tunnel.
(Insha'allah).

Thats from the other day. Apparently overturned now on new judges' ruling.

Federal Judge James Robart, a George W. Bush appointee who presides in Washington state, temporarily stopped the order. US Customs and Border Protection then alerted airlines the US government would quickly begin reinstating visas that were previously canceled, and CBP advised airlines that refugees that are in possession of US visas will be admitted as well, an airline executive said

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/03/p...rump-travel-ban-nationwide-ag-says/index.html

:eek::eek::eek:
do you mean its over now???!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:
what about my canceled Interview? they will schedule new Interview Date? or what will happen exactly?

:eek::eek::eek:
do you mean its over now???!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:
what about my canceled Interview? they will schedule new Interview Date? or what will happen exactly?

Call them. The administration is appealing the judgement but for now they are going ahead 'as normal' so hopefully your slot will be reinserted. And a hint....if you get the visa, travel as soon as you can to activate your green card, as you have a lot more protection then. Good luck...the situation will probably be fluid for a while.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trum...ey-parts-immigration-action/story?id=45267245

Official notice at https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en.html (note this page is the landing page and gets updated so I have copied current text below)

Urgent Notice: Urgent Notice: Under the Executive Order on Protecting the Nation from Terrorist Attacks by Foreign Nationals signed on January 27, 2017, visa issuance to nationals of the countries of Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen was suspended. An order issued by a U.S. District Court in Washington state on February 3, 2017 bars the U.S. government from enforcing certain provisions of Executive Order 13769, “Protecting the Nation from Terrorist Attacks by Foreign Nationals,” including those related to visas and travel for nationals of Syria, Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, and Yemen. Accordingly, U.S. embassies and consulates will resume scheduling visa appointments for these nationals.

The Department of State had also, under the Executive Order, provisionally revoked all valid visas of nationals of those seven countries. That provisional revocation is now lifted, and those visas are now valid for travel to the United States, if the holder is otherwise eligible. Individuals whose visas are expired, or were physically cancelled, must apply for a new visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate, absent a Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) decision to grant parole or waive the visa requirement at the port of entry. We are looking further into this issue and will revise this site with any updates.

We will announce any other changes affecting travelers to the United States as soon as that information is available.

Accordingly, U.S. embassies and consulates will resume scheduling visa appointments for these nationals.

Urgent Notice
Per the Executive Order on Protecting the Nation from Terrorist Attacks by Foreign Nationals signed on January 27, 2017, visa issuance to nationals of the countries of Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen was suspended.
An order issued by a U.S. District Court in Washington state on February 3, 2017 bars the U.S. government from enforcing certain provisions of Executive Order 13769, , “Protecting the Nation from Terrorist Attacks by Foreign Nationals,” including those related to visas and travel for nationals of Syria, Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, and Yemen. Accordingly, U.S. embassies and consulates will resume scheduling visa appointments for these nationals.:):):)

Appeal court has kept this ruling. I'm sure Trump will take it to the Supreme Court but in the meanwhile it's business as usual for everyone ...go get those visas!!