• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Won DV-2014 , need help in time frame and possibility to have interview

Mojorisingdxb

Hello all,

I applied in UAE where i live but i'm Syrian , i applied for a family form , wife and daughter, i got selected 1st of May 2013 , my applications forms were sent and delivered to KY office on 10th of May 2013.

Im applying for Asia and my case number is :

2014AS000099xx

Im already preparing my documents now m my questions are:

1- when should i expect the first response from KY office , the acknowledgment of receipt to my forms , how do they send the response , i.e. email , mail .. Etc

2- what are my chances to get a second response from KY office to schedule an interview , and if i have a chance when should i expect the interview date based on my case number

3- is my case number relatively low or high m my chances ?

4- how long to i expect to wait before my applications processed and i get my visa

5- what is the allowance for Asia in 2014

Appreciate all your responses.

Thanks

1) They don't send a confirmation that your forms were received. You can email them quoting your full name, case number, and date of birth, and they will email you back saying that the forms were delivered.

2) If your forms are correct and there were no mishaps, I say you have a 100% chance of getting an interview. Keep checking online using the confirmation number you received when you originally submitted your application, and you will see a change in status telling you about the interview date and preparations. Don't wait for the physical letter because it could get lost. Check online.

4) After the interview it shouldn't be long since your Visa will be valid fro 6 months after the date of your medical examination and vaccinations.

Good luck and please remember to keep checking online here https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/

2) If your forms are correct and there were no mishaps, I say you have a 100% chance of getting an interview. Keep checking online using the confirmation number you received when you originally submitted your application, and you will see a change in status telling you about the interview date and preparations. Don't wait for the physical letter because it could get lost. Check online.

Good luck and please remember to keep checking online here https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/

There are no physical letters sent anymore. You'll receive an email telling you the page has been updated when they change it to the 2nd NL, this will be after the visa bulletin with your number as current is published.

There are no physical letters sent anymore. You'll receive an email telling you the page has been updated when they change it to the 2nd NL, this will be after the visa bulletin with your number as current is published.

Susie, what's your source to this? When you fill out the form the email is optional, and the instructions state clearly that a physical letter will inform the winners. Also many of the people who enter are from places where you can't realistically expect more than a few people to have internet access, like Niger for example.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I just read that starting DV2014 there will be no physical letters and that those selected should log on to the DV site. Sorry about my outdated my information based on my old entry. thanks for the tip Sussie

Hmmmm - I wonder if that was a factor in why they increased the number of selectees this year - they probably think that if people can't be bothered to check the VB and website then they obviously weren't that committed - so they would have a higher rate of people not proceeding.

Thanks for all the replies , ive checked the status and its still as 1st of May (you've been selected ....)

How do i know if my CN is current and the cut off of each country?

Thanks

Thanks for all the replies , ive checked the status and its still as 1st of May (you've been selected ....)

How do i know if my CN is current and the cut off of each country?

Thanks

The visa bulletin page is here. http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

Since you are a 2014 winner they don't even begin processing until October 2013 so, guessing by your case number) it will be mid 2014 before your number is current. Nothing will happen between now and then.

Hm, not going to go back and look now but I'm pretty sure this has been the case for a couple of years already, certainly for me (dv2013) and when I started reading forums after I won people were already saying that about the previous year's 2nd NLs...

Ok, I just read that starting DV2014 there will be no physical letters and that those selected should log on to the DV site. Sorry about my outdated my information based on my old entry. thanks for the tip Sussie

Hmmmm - I wonder if that was a factor in why they increased the number of selectees this year - they probably think that if people can't be bothered to check the VB and website then they obviously weren't that committed - so they would have a higher rate of people not proceeding.

They send you an email telling you the site is updated and to check the page, so it's not a case of being committed enough to check!

Hm, not going to go back and look now but I'm pretty sure this has been the case for a couple of years already, certainly for me (dv2013) and when I started reading forums after I won people were already saying that about the previous year's 2nd NLs...

+1.

That's right it's not a new practice starting with DV2014

CN linked to the chances of getting an interview

I am new to this forum, but I was wondering: it seem that everyone is linking the CN to the chances of getting an interview. However, I don't necessarily see that link. If, let's say, people with smaller CNs - like 00010xxx, for example, never go through with the process, I don't think the processing center will just wait until the earlier CN's apply or not and thus diminish the chances of those of us with higher CNs. Maybe it is just wishful thinking, but it seems to me that this practice on the behalf of the KCC would be somewhat illogical.