withdrawing I-485?

AURO02

Registered Users (C)
My GC application was filed concurrently in Jun 2006. RFE was requested for the I-140 and they were submitted in Feb 2007. I just received the news that my I-140 has been approved. I dont know how long it will take for the I-485 to be approved. My company contact tells me it could be a few weeks or months.

I will be getting married in India in a month. I have a valid H1 approval notice (valid for two more years) without a valid visa stamp. I travelled using AP a month ago. When I travel to India to get married next month, I am planning on applying for a H1 stamp for myself and a H4 stamp for my spouse so she can travel to the U.S.

My question is will there be any repercussions if I choose to withdraw my I-485 application and reapply after my spouse joins me in the U.S.

I realize that my AP and EAD will become invalid. But I have valid H1 notice and I plan to apply for the H1 visa next time I travel. Should I be concerned about anything else?

Thanks.

Auro02

darmasuden,

I am concerned about what would happen if my 485 gets approved before I get married or before she can come to the U.S. My understanding is that Follow-to-Join can take a long time.

Auro02

Can you still get H1 visa stamp after your previous I94 was stamped with paroled marker? Just question, I don't know.