• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Withdrawing DS 260 - implications

Warrant

Hi

Some background information: Western Europe, been in the US 5 times.

I won the diversity lottery this year and while I wasn't really sure if I really want to move the US, I decided to complete the DS 260 and go through to process to give me some time to think about it. Anyway, I have now decided that I do not want to immigrate to the US and there is no point in further going through the process. At this point I only completed the DS 260, there is no interview or anything scheduled yet. Therefore I am thinking about withdrawing my DS 260 application and inform the KCC that I do not want to proceed. I have 2 questions with regard to this:

1) Does this impact any of the questions on the ESTA? As far as I am concerned, it doesn't and I should still be able to get the ESTA in the future, but I want to be sure as I would still like to travel to the US as a tourist in the future.

2) Suppose that my ESTA gets rejected because I once completed a DS260, would I still be able to get a B2 visa? (knowing that it was me who decided to withdraw the application. I am in my 30s, good career & salary, married, sufficient financial reserves, been in the US several times so little risk of illegal immigration)

Thanks a lot.

An already submitted DS260 cannot be withdrawn. Based on the way your above post is written, I’m unable to determine if you actually submitted the DS260 form or not. So you need to clarify if you completed and submitted the DS260 form, or you completed but did not hit the submit button.

An already submitted DS260 cannot be withdrawn. Based on the way your above post is written, I’m unable to determine if you actually submitted the DS260 form or not. So you need to clarify if you completed and submitted the DS260 form, or you completed but did not hit the submit button.
I already completed and submitted it for myself. I added my wife as additional applicant but did not complete and submit hers, therefore KCC will not process the application yet.

Non submission of your wife’s DS260 does not necessarily prevent KCC from processing yours which has already been submitted. Regardless of if the form gets processed or not, the submission is already a firm demonstration of your immigrant intent though.