• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Winner from croatia one question

ffranulo

Registered Users (C)
Can I answer yes on question 7 (work experience) in form DSP-122?
Over the last five years I have been working for the one company as a serviceman and repairman of audio and video appliances (TV sets, radios and satelite receivers) thereby performing the tasks of assembling, repairing and installing computers.
I finished Secondary school of Electrical Engeneering in Croatia (I have a high school diploma). I'm an Electrical Tehnician.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I answer yes on question 7 (work experience) in form DSP-122?
Over the last five years I have been working for the one company as a serviceman and repairman of audio and video appliances (TV sets, radios and satelite receivers) thereby performing the tasks of assembling, repairing and installing computers.
I finished Secondary school of Electrical Engeneering in Croatia (I have a high school diploma). I'm an Electrical Tehnician.
Of course.:) As long as you have a high school diploma, you will be OK no matter what occupation you engage.
You can write your occupation as electrical technician and describe the nature of your work.

But what if my job require less than 2 years of training or experience and I answer yes on question 7 a. in form DSP-122.
Can I be disqualifyed if my answer is incorrect?

In form DSP-122 writes

7 Work experience
a. Within lasst 5 years I have worked at least 2 years in a job that requires at least 2 years of training or experience.

Thanks toomackie

But what if my job require less than 2 years of training or experience and I answer yes on question 7 a. in form DSP-122.
Can I be disqualifyed if my answer is incorrect?
I don't think you will be disqualified as long as you have a high school diploma.
DV2008 instruction says:

You must have EITHER a high school education or its equivalent, defined as successful completion of a 12-year course of elementary and secondary education; OR two years of work experience within the past five years in an occupation requiring at least two years of training or experience to perform.

In my case, I have a highschool diploma, and I wrote my occupation as secretary when I won DV2004. According to Occupational Information Network, it is Job Zone Two, and require only a few months to 1 year of work experience. But I didn't have any problem. Since "Electricians" is Job Zone 3, you will be disqualified if you don't have a highschool diploma. But, since you have it, you will be OK.
If you check the following link, you will see your occupation involves one or two years of training. So, don't worry.:)

Electricians: http://online.onetcenter.org/link/summary/47-2111.00#JobZone