will the H-1 cap apply to me

payalbhan

Registered Users (C)
Hi Great Guru,
I am a dentist from India. Did my advanced training in Oral pathology for 3years and got my license in couple of states. I want to know whether I will qualify for H-1 B visas with students who have done advanced degree from US. As I did not do research with my residency here, I dont have MS, but a certificate in Oral Pathology. My lawyer filed in the regular one, on 2nd april as cap is reached I am nervous. What should I do.
Kindly reply.
Thank you

As a oral pathologist, what kind of License do you have to practice? Who is your sponser Private or University or non profit Organization.

Hi Great Guru,
I am a dentist from India. Did my advanced training in Oral pathology for 3years and got my license in couple of states. I want to know whether I will qualify for H-1 B visas with students who have done advanced degree from US. As I did not do research with my residency here, I dont have MS, but a certificate in Oral Pathology. My lawyer filed in the regular one, on 2nd april as cap is reached I am nervous. What should I do.
Kindly reply.
Thank you

thank you for response

Thank you for an immediate reply. I got general dentistry license in some states because of doing my advanced degree in in one of the branches of dentistry that is oral pathology. My employer is a private one , who is holding a private dental office. I have got my certification in Oral pathology after i completed 3 years. I am board eligible to give oral pathology exam , and am planning to give in october.
My lawyer filled my H-1 in regular case. But it is my understanding from reading too much these days, that i have an advanced degree from US in my field, so I am eligible for those 20000 cases. Can I now wait and later apply for the cap exempt 20000 cases.
Please provide ur expertise.
Thank you

I'm not sure what you mean by the Cap exempt cases unless you mean the 58,200 (yes 58,200 for us mere mortals not from Chile or Singapore as 6,800 visa from the H1 program are reserved for them) slotted for people with a Bachelors degree or equivalent. There is still a Cap on the 20,000 visas available for the people with a U.S. Masters degree or higher. And yes, this limit will be reached so don't wait.

You will quaoify for 20K US MS quota. Before it became too late file the h1 immediately.
Out of 150K visa petition reached USCIS in April 1 & 2, the 20K quota alos may have consumed. No one knows about that unless USCIS relese another bulletin.

Thank you for an immediate reply. I got general dentistry license in some states because of doing my advanced degree in in one of the branches of dentistry that is oral pathology. My employer is a private one , who is holding a private dental office. I have got my certification in Oral pathology after i completed 3 years. I am board eligible to give oral pathology exam , and am planning to give in october.
My lawyer filled my H-1 in regular case. But it is my understanding from reading too much these days, that i have an advanced degree from US in my field, so I am eligible for those 20000 cases. Can I now wait and later apply for the cap exempt 20000 cases.
Please provide ur expertise.
Thank you

Hi Great Guru,
Thank you for your response, one more question, can i file under 2 different categories, one for regular, and one for the 20000 category.
Kindly reply

Regular no use this year. Already gone. Even 20K quota you have very little chances.

Hi Great Guru,
Thank you for your response, one more question, can i file under 2 different categories, one for regular, and one for the 20000 category.
Kindly reply

Hi MR. Guru,
Thank you for your immediate reply.
I have already applied in regular one, can i now apply in other category at the same time or is it illegal.

Thank you guru, I applied as you said.Still anxiety not solved, as my H-1 MS will reach late now
I had one more question. My spouses I-140 has been approved, (cannot file I-485 as from retrogressed country, priority date is 2006)under EB2 category. Can i apply for EAD, without I-485.
Kindly reply
Thank you

You can apply EAD, once you are eligible to apply I 485.
EAD will be issued based on pending I 485 application with USCIS.

Since you are not eligible to apply I 485 until your date 2006, you can not apply EAD.

Thank you guru, I applied as you said.Still anxiety not solved, as my H-1 MS will reach late now
I had one more question. My spouses I-140 has been approved, (cannot file I-485 as from retrogressed country, priority date is 2006)under EB2 category. Can i apply for EAD, without I-485.
Kindly reply
Thank you